Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris on decision to play Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris on decision to play Cole Stoudt

Sep 27, 2014, 11:56 PM

Chad Morris on decision to play Cole Stoudt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good gawd

Sep 27, 2014, 11:59 PM

Were they watching the same defensive collapse I was watching???

smh

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good gawd

Sep 28, 2014, 5:42 PM

flying: apparently not. a total mystery!

wow...5 mins with 2 scores up is out of reach...

Sep 28, 2014, 12:00 AM

no wonder we are 0-3 against coots with this guy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and our D tried to show how wrong that thinking was.***

Sep 28, 2014, 12:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well what was the final point difference? IF Watson had

Sep 28, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to wow...5 mins with 2 scores up is out of reach... ]

played and got hurt can not imagine the outcry from the fans but what else is new.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on decision to play Cole Stoudt

Sep 28, 2014, 12:02 AM

it would have been ok if we were in true garbage time but ####.... Things could have easily gotten out of hand

That's idiotic. ASK ARKANSAS about 4th quarter leads

Sep 28, 2014, 12:02 AM

UNC was 8 yds away from having an onside kick recovery to tie the game. How is that "out of hand?" This is a joke. AND YES, i get it. We won! SCar lost!....at some point we have to be a little bit critical and ask these guys we pay 1 million dollars to use their brains about game management.

Stoudt played a few plays after the UNC possession you

Sep 28, 2014, 12:11 AM

referred to. Big deal. There was nothing wrong with putting Stoudt in there for two possessions. There are bigger things to b!tch about.

Nope. He played before and after the UNC possession I am

Sep 28, 2014, 12:21 AM

speaking of. No starting QBs should come out of the game with 5 or 6 minutes left in a 2 possession game. You don't see it in the NFL. You don't see it anywhere among top teams.

Yes, I said two possesions. You referred to Cole playing

Sep 28, 2014, 12:38 AM

and then talked about UNC getting to the 8. There were, what, 4 plays after that UNC possession?

It was completely inconsequential. You're getting entirely too bent out of shape about this.

Re: Yes, I said two possesions. You referred to Cole playing

Sep 28, 2014, 5:12 AM

Even after a win the haters come out, stop hating on the coaches that have us relivent again for the first time since the 80s

Yup.***

Sep 28, 2014, 11:36 AM

Are you a political analyst for MSNBC?

Sep 28, 2014, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Stoudt played a few plays after the UNC possession you ]

Good gawd...

You're a moron.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

Wait... What!?!

Sep 28, 2014, 12:03 AM

The game was not out of reach. ###### Chad!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As this season goes on...

Sep 28, 2014, 12:09 AM

I'm more impressed with Watson and less impressed with our coaches.

LOL. Not impressed with our coaches?...

Sep 28, 2014, 12:19 AM

They've won 10, 11, and 11 games and finished in the top 10 twice in 3 years. How many 3 year stretches have you seen like that in your lifetime? Seriously?

We wandered in the wilderness for decades after Ford, and there was time not too long ago where a team like UNC could have easily beat us. We lost a heartbreaker last week and came out took care of business tonight. But some guys just cannot accept anything short of sheer perfection.

Look, there isn't coach anywhere in any sport that's beyond reproach, but to listen to some you'd think we're mediocre at best. Fact is, we're doing better than most any time in Clemson history. Why you ask? COACHING.

Not coaching. Recruiting is winning these games. Shouldn't

Sep 28, 2014, 12:24 AM

even have been close tonight. Shouldn't have gotten that close and in fact...we've been out-coached in 3 games already this season. Some of these headaches that the sunshine pumpers overlook....are AVOIDABLE

That's a bunch of bullshot...

Sep 28, 2014, 12:34 AM

Recruiting hasn't won 10, 11 and 11 games and finished in the top 10 twice in 3 years with some of the biggest wins in Clemson history. If you know anything about the game, which it appears you do not, then you would know you can't just trot players out there and win games. It takes coaching, and that's why we're winning at a clip unlike any you've seen in your life.

Yeah like Miami having great talent, yet sucking

Sep 28, 2014, 3:45 PM

Michigan, get a clue you moron

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not coaching. Recruiting is winning these games. Shouldn't

Sep 28, 2014, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Not coaching. Recruiting is winning these games. Shouldn't ]

Tommy Bowden was a good recruiter. And I don't have to say anything else........

Sep 28, 2014, 12:06 AM

Chad needs to wake up and go to the drawing board and fix our running game problem.
Because It SUCKS

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Sep 28, 2014, 12:07 AM

Agree.

Sep 28, 2014, 12:11 AM

Smh the coaches are going to lose us another game with their love for stoudt

posted that earlier tonight..

Sep 28, 2014, 12:29 AM

i see quiet a few more games we get put at risk because of their "cole is a good guy he deserves pt" routine

this comment here..

Sep 28, 2014, 12:28 AM

contridicts his statement about the game being out of reach.

"Morris said if North Carolina had scored again, Watson would have been put back in the game."

out of reach is the other team being able to score a couple of tds and still be down..how can you say the game was out of reach yet say had they scored one time you would have put watson back in.that comment he made irks me

MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their

Sep 28, 2014, 6:01 AM

Head Coach. The guy seems to be scatter brained IMO No one puts the back up QB in while the Starting QB is doing well and while the game is not out of reach. We just came off a terrible loss and MO decides for funsies to put Stoudt in?
The muffin took Watson out after he showed that he gave us our best chance to beat GA
His Offensive running game is anemic
Terrible play calling in the FSU game
Not surprising that he has had no other job offers

Well, I can tell you I'd rather have him on

Sep 28, 2014, 6:17 AM

our sideline rather than our opponents. You don't think a big time program would go after him for OC before his feet reached his car? Bad play calling on some I agree, but the man can coach O. No doubt in my mind. Out of curiosity, who would we replace him with? Would we have/had/get Watson, G-Hop, Sammy, Hopkins, (hopefully McCloud and Cain)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their

Sep 28, 2014, 7:06 AM [ in reply to MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their ]

The way some of you are crying and moaning, you would think Clemson lost. Gotta love the Internet. The place where anybody can share any idiotic opinion that pops into their minds.

Re: MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their

Sep 28, 2014, 9:37 AM

> The way some of you are crying and moaning, you would
> think Clemson lost. Gotta love the Internet. The
> place where anybody can share any idiotic opinion
> that pops into their minds.

Are lack of a mind.

The fact that we won the game is not relevant

Sep 29, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their ]

The fact is - our coaches put the game in jeopardy by not playing the best player. This sort of decision making will lead to losses down the road, and could have led to a colossal loss Saturday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize he is a big reason we have Watson.***

Sep 28, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor ####...even in a pathetic loss to unranked team, your

Sep 28, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their ]

main focus is on your big brother while you should be more concerned about Muschump being named your coach-in-waiting. That, and the fact you should seek some professional help.

Your chickens need your help with their coaching decisions.

Sep 28, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to MO got to GO! We know why no other team wants MO as their ]

Better head on over to the coop.

Please give me a plausible explanation for putting in Stoudt

Sep 28, 2014, 11:12 AM

What possible explanation is there for putting in Stoudt at any point in the game? Putting him in in the first half, are you freaking kidding me. Not only is he not the best player, that move obviously totally killed the momentum and the chemistry of the team, not to mention the psychological effects on Watson. What is going on with our coaches? At no point in that game should stoudt have been put in. If we are up by 30 with 2 minutes left, fine. But by no means was that even close to the situation and everyone over the age of 6 knows that. The coaches must be delusional if they expect anyone with any degree of intelligence to believe those were the reasons they put on stoudt. It is pretty obvious that the coaches have some "obligation" to play stoudt and whatever that obligation is, there is no room for that mentally in major college football, maybe in high school or pee wee league football but not here. No excuse to put stoudt in that game, period.

Re: Please give me a plausible explanation for putting in Stoudt

Sep 28, 2014, 11:33 AM

This is on the chad. He gets paid 1.3 mil a year and loses 2 games because in his eyes cole gave us the better chance to win. I say he needs a pay raise for the horrible play calling and player evaluations go.

Re: Please give me a plausible explanation for putting in Stoudt

Sep 28, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Please give me a plausible explanation for putting in Stoudt ]

Couldn't he see that our D had virtually collapsed.

Loved the coots defense's collapse in the final 6 minutes.

Sep 28, 2014, 4:22 PM

Tigers win, coots lose, great football Saturday.

Oh yeah, where do you coach?

Sep 28, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Please give me a plausible explanation for putting in Stoudt ]

Just kidding. Agree with your points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds dishonest. Morris isn't dumb enough to think that way.

Sep 28, 2014, 11:41 AM

Chad his holding something back...

Sep 28, 2014, 1:32 PM

I'm not sure what's going on here but it can only be defined as odd. It feels like he was being forced to play Cole in this game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! the old crystal ball strikes again.***

Sep 28, 2014, 4:23 PM

I believe it was important for Cole to come in the game

Sep 28, 2014, 6:14 PM [ in reply to This sounds dishonest. Morris isn't dumb enough to think that way. ]

early enough last night (17-0) to experience 1st team D-1 play at an advanced level so he could fully understand and appreciate why he is not the guy leading our offense right now. He has definitely paid his dues to the program, and I'm sure his dad has helped out more QB's in our system than just his boy. But today, there's no doubt in my mind that Cole Stoudt knows unequivocably that he's not the best QB to lead this team. Hopefully this will help him remain a reliable back-up as he was under Tajh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why in the world does that even matter

Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 AM

Look, being on the field as Clemson's quarterback is not some sort of right that has to be fairly shared among the QB's we have on the roster. There have been hundreds of fine, hardworking, upstanding young men who have been on the Clemson's QB depth chart over the years and who never saw a single meaningful gametime snap. It's ridiculous to put a game in jeopardy due to some ill-conceived sense of duty to Stoudt. Or due to some ill-conceived sense of wanting to prevent Watson from reaching the team passing record in his first start. Or due to whatever ill-conceived reason you can come up with.

I've been a big proponent of our coaching staff, but this sort of decision making leaves me befuddled. Clemson seems to be a schizophrenic team that makes the craziest mistakes at the most inopportune times. See FSU this year. See SCar last year. Even see the Orange Bowl last year - we were absolutely dominating tOSU but were down at the half! I don't know what causes these things to happen (some of it is just the nature of football), but coaches making fundamentally unsound decisions can play a big part in it IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets face it, they didn't want to let Watson have the record

Sep 28, 2014, 12:18 PM

in his first game. He earned it and they should have let him have it. We would have won if Watson started the FSU game. We nearly lost because they didn't want to give the most level headed freshman I have ever seen ANOTHER record (yardage) in his first game. They nearly cost us a second game in 4 tries this year by not playing the best players. We COULD HAVE lost. It's debatable that we lost the UGA game due to coaching IMO.

Our coaches are not looking very smart lately. Stop trying to be cute and share the ball unless we are up by 30 in the 4th, that's all there is too it.

Re: Lets face it, they didn't want to let Watson have the record

Sep 29, 2014, 5:50 AM

Don't disagree, but hope our coaches aren't concerned with records during a game. We easily could have lost that game with 5 minutes left to play.

That wasn't Morris decision to play Stoudt....

Sep 28, 2014, 4:20 PM

Dabo is going to have to drop some of the nice guy act.

Chad specifically said he to,d Dabo he wanted Cole in***

Sep 28, 2014, 6:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure as sh*t didn't feel out of reach watching it on TV.

Sep 28, 2014, 4:27 PM

Didn't feel too out of reach when UNC nearly scored to cut it to 1 score with 3 minutes left either.

Sep 28, 2014, 5:20 PM

I guess our coaches have change the way they think. Last year Cole sat the bench during the FSU meltdown, yet this year the players are getting swapped out for the sake of playing them? What is up with that? First Watson, now Cole. Give me a break!!! As CM said last week, we could change one of six plays and won. Change two plays last night and UNC is driving for possible winning score with the two points on both scores or at least a tie.

Sep 29, 2014, 10:57 AM

I have no problem with the game plan of putting Stoudt in during the first half, after the 3rd drive, 4th, whatever. He got in with good field position and a ton of mo! It didn't work out great, but we scored so ok.

I have no problem having a 21 point lead and saying Stoudt you are in next, Watson you are done, but when UNC scored as easily and as quickly as they did to make it a 14 point game with 5 minutes to play, you then change the course of action, and you play your BEST player, whoever you deem that to be (for the first two weeks it was Stoudt, for the past two weeks it is Watson, and it will continue to be Watson for a long time). This is what you do because it is "fundamental football" thing to do and winning trumps EVERYTHING ELSE. I won't even get into the fact that you would like to run the clock and having a better running QB in the game gives you better odds to do that.

There is no sound/fundamental football coach in Amercia that thinks when playing a spread team who has put up 30+ points on you in a game, the game is in hand when you are up 14 points with over 5 minutes to play and they have TO's left.

Decisions/choices like this over the long haul will get your #### beat at some point in time.

It's over, we won, appears to have been a mistake, let's learn from it and move on (like last weeks gun decision on 1st and goal from the 1 FOOT line). Guarantee you over the next few weeks, if we get a 1st & Goal from the 1 foot line we, will line of under center and sneak it or hand it off!

However, don't act like it was a good decision and/or that there was nothing wrong with the decision because that is just not intellectually nor fundamentally correct!

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic