Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's face it-the universe just said "Oh hell no you don't!"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 856

Let's face it-the universe just said "Oh hell no you don't!"

Sep 21, 2014, 2:28 AM

Think about it:
Cole tosses a TD in the dirt.
We put up one of the ugliest field goal attempts I have ever seen
Scheinger is 1 foot away from scoring and we may have scored on the 2nd down play after that but no look and no challenge
Next-center the ball 20 yards over Deshaun's head which was followed by another botched fg-not as ugly, but just as missed.
Then we intercept and driving for a TD and we fumble the ball
Then in OT we deliver 3 bonehead plays and have to go for it on fourth since our kicker, despite his best efforts, just can't buy a field goal and we get another bonehead play--by bonehead play I mean the play call.
Then when all else fails, we just do the fainting goat to let FSU score.

This is not to point fingers at our players as they gave 110%. They're kids and they make mistakes. For a million a year I think after running the same place twice and making like 2 yds that MAYBE I would try something different

Seriously though, just look at all those things that happened which one or two you could say "Yeah S#!! happens"but ALL of those and in ONE game and you lose in OT when you could have easily been up 17 points?...and as a program we've done these types of things over and over. I believe we need an exorcist!or at least a sports psychologist. I've been watching Clemson football for 40 years and, with the one notable exception of the 1981 season,it happens over and over again. Different times, different players, different opponents--same result. For whatever reason we get to the almost "over the hump" position and tumble back down--so much of it is mental. I don't care what the press and prognosticators say, we had better players tonight-except the kicker-and we under achieve. Somebody has got to get under the hood of this program and find out where the spark plug wire in the head is loose. This is not a coach thing it's just a pervasive underlying expectation to not win--,not lose, but to not win-having to manufacture ways to miss the boat--btw I hate that "Clemsoning"crap--it just reinforces the mindset and its annoying as hell!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's face it-the universe just said "Oh hell no you don't!"

Sep 21, 2014, 4:05 AM

Not to mention the two time outs we burned because players who were supposed to be in the game weren't. Now that's just really poor there. Once it was Alexander and the second time it was Grady Jarrett, which really surprised me. We sure could've used one of those timeouts to challenge that Davidson got into the end zone [and he did] the play before the ball was snapped over Deshaun's head.

Just face it, this team, and most of Dabo's teams, just don't know what to do to win the big games. For the most part, exceptions being LSU and OSU. Can't beat FSU or the coots, that's for sure. Hopefully one of our youngest guys, Deshaun, will become a leader that can show us how to win. He almost did tonight, he just didn't have much help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 6:50 AM

I have been up all night watching the mistakes, the awesome play by the D, missed fg's, the play of our future legend & Heisman winner, & I can't get myself to admit that we beat ourselves this badly. We are too good of a football team to make that many mistakes.

It has to be one thing and I heard two talking heads discussing it the other day. The football God's did not want us to win this game. Evidently we are not ready & something bigger lies ahead in our future. It is a long season & we have a long way to go.

Deshaun Watson is destined to be our messiah & the God's must have decided not this much this fast. One day we will look back on this game as the beginning of an incredible run with a awesome team. I know this sounds ridiculous to a lot of you but it is the only way I can deal with it. I have never felt this bad after a loss in my 35+ years of watching football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 6:59 AM

Darn good assessment to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic