Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's don't be THAT fanbase
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,881

Let's don't be THAT fanbase

Oct 19, 2016, 5:12 PM

One would think that our current coaching staff has built up enough equity to not be called out for a turnover filled game and the perceived excuse making that some say is going on. Really people. As if we need a reminder here is a short list:
1. Coming within an eyelash of a natty while putting up 500 plus yards on Bama's D
2. A 20 Game home winning streak.
3. 27-1 in the last 28 games when DW4 has started and finished as QB
4. What will be 3 first round draft picks in the last 4 years at WR
5. Back to Back first round draft picks at DE
6. Putting a plethora of 2 and 3 stars into the league (Grady Jarrett, Kevin Dodd, Jaron Brown, TJ Green, Adam Humphries to name some
7. Putting programs like FSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Ohio State in our rear view mirror as far as overall quality of program

I will agree that I'm not keen on excuse making either but this is not the Tommy Bowden excuse making staff of the last decade. Our coaches and players have earned the right to be trusted. A great deal of coaching is managing personalities and egos. Some kids need to be called out and others need to be coddled. Surely our coaches, who spend the most time with the players should know how to best manage them. Correct?
I understand that the window for a natty closes after this year (At least until 2018). Did I mention we do a fair job of recruiting as well. Let's give our staff the equity they have earned.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's don't be THAT fanbase

Oct 19, 2016, 5:30 PM

Well said.. I'll be the first to +1 this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Re: Let's don't be THAT fanbase

Oct 19, 2016, 5:32 PM

I'll also +1.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sweat the bandwaggoners that complain about

Oct 19, 2016, 5:43 PM

everything in life. Sadly every fan base have those and Clemson is no exception. Why would they be satisfied with 21-1 unless we won those games by 3 TDs or more? Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave you a point but I'm wondering why you think...

Oct 19, 2016, 5:47 PM

our window of national championship runs ends this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gave you a point but I'm wondering why you think...

Oct 19, 2016, 6:46 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. Last I checked not every national championship team has a stud QB, but we will just happen to have a stable of them next year. Don't write off next year's season before it plays out brotha!! We too deep for that!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gave you a point but I'm wondering why you think...

Oct 19, 2016, 8:15 PM

I may be totally wrong but I know there will be a learning curve for the new QB whoever that turns out to be, while breaking in a new center, TE, replacing Williams, Ben, Tank, and finding a bell cow at RB. Once again I see next year as an 11-2 type team. With that being said I believe in 18 we will be right back in the playoffs. Watson and Jameis are/were generational type talents whereas history says that there will most likely be a stumble in at least one road game for a first year QB. The bottom line is that the program is as strong and deep as it has ever been.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call - hard to argue.***

Oct 19, 2016, 8:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,881
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic