Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 losses in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

2 losses in a row

Jan 4, 2021, 7:23 AM

IF (and I’m not saying I want it, and definitely not hinting towards we are spiraling out of control) we were to happen to lose to UGA in game 1 next year, I think we’d have to look all the way back to the Bowden days for 2 straight losses

Again, I don’t think we are cycling out like so many here are saying.

I just got curious and did some light research and didn’t see it in the last 8-ish years

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC State would make it three in a row, taking us back to

Jan 4, 2021, 7:26 AM

the Tommy West era

Let's cut to the chase....

Jan 4, 2021, 7:29 AM

How many would it take to send the recent throng of upstate bandwagon fans and corporate ticket holders back to drinking wine outside Furman games on Saturdays?

Whatever that number is, I'm in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bandwagon fans and corporate ticket holders

Jan 4, 2021, 7:33 AM

:)

Re: Let's cut to the chase....

Jan 4, 2021, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Let's cut to the chase.... ]

Obed® said:

How many would it take to send the recent throng of upstate bandwagon fans and corporate ticket holders back to drinking wine outside Furman games on Saturdays?

Whatever that number is, I'm in.

This is the POTD! Love it! If you weren’t in the stands when the upper decks were empty back in the late 90’s then go ahead and leave now with your PFG shorts and shirts and Sperry Boat shoes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, generalize much?***

Jan 4, 2021, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Let's cut to the chase.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: 2 losses in a row

Jan 4, 2021, 7:34 AM

How many times did we play two top 10 teams (potentially) in a row during the Bowden years?

If we're being honest,

Jan 4, 2021, 7:37 AM

Duke and Wake back to back was as a good as two top 10 matchups in a row in the Bowden years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But only after winning a top 20 matchup

Jan 4, 2021, 9:22 AM

Duke and Wake would be dispatched easily if we had nothing to gain. But if we were riding a big win, watch out! Too many fans forget just how rough things used to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 7:39 AM

It's not really two losses in a row ,YET, but it is 2 straight losses on the biggest stage in college football And the bad thing is they were not even close.
Look, I'm not one to point fingers, or call for heads to roll or try to analyze what went wrong..
The loss to LSU I place on the fact that top to bottom, on both sides of the ball they were the better team.
The loss to OSU I can't. Heck, blame it on losing the coin toss if you want to. It's just as good an excuse as all the whinning I'm seeing here on the Ref's not calling holding.
We didn't show up for that game. Oh sure we played one half @$$ of a first quarter, but after that the team that went ,what 34-2 with Trevor ,was not the same team on the field Friday night.
Clemson now has 8 months to figure it out or it will be 2 straight losses, in 2021.

Jan 4, 2021, 7:49 AM

true in fact this last one was more lopsided than than score would even indicate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 losses in a row ]

Maybe it’s because our team started getting on Social media during the season for the first time in what...... 7 years??? Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought this team looked sloppy all year compared to any team since DW4 took the reins. What good can come out of it, it’s only a distraction.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Consider lithium

Jan 4, 2021, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 losses in a row ]

leftie ... good lowered...you're depressing...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 losses in a row ]

leftie said:

It's not really two losses in a row ,YET, but it is 2 straight losses on the biggest stage in college football And the bad thing is they were not even close.
Look, I'm not one to point fingers, or call for heads to roll or try to analyze what went wrong..
The loss to LSU I place on the fact that top to bottom, on both sides of the ball they were the better team.
The loss to OSU I can't. Heck, blame it on losing the coin toss if you want to. It's just as good an excuse as all the whinning I'm seeing here on the Ref's not calling holding.
We didn't show up for that game. Oh sure we played one half @$$ of a first quarter, but after that the team that went ,what 34-2 with Trevor ,was not the same team on the field Friday night.
Clemson now has 8 months to figure it out or it will be 2 straight losses, in 2021.

Ohio State was better. Clemson was better in 2018 than Bama. Things are different every year. Clemson will be vastly improved at the LOS next year. Ohio State won’t have Fields and Olave etc next year. Chill out

Jan 4, 2021, 8:13 AM

Thankfully a loss from a previous season has no bearing on an upcoming season.
Georgia recruiting has been stellar for the past 6-8 seasons, yet they tend to lose 2 or 3 games each season.
I’m betting (hoping) that we take them in game 1.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:39 AM

True,but it could have some bearing on preseason ranking;
Point in case. After the loss to LSU we went into the preseason ranked #1.
The reason being was that LSU was going to lose a lot of players and we had Trevor coming back.
But I never thought we should have been ranked # 1.We had too many questions that needed addressing.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:47 AM

Let see here..

Consistently creates posts with unsettling ideas. e.g. "2 losses in a row"
Consistently uses phrases that stem from our rivals e.g "cycling out"
Avatar includes a picture of a fake national championship trophy.

Hmmmmmm......

May wanna check out what consistently means

Jan 5, 2021, 6:43 AM

I’m one of those weirdos that ventures over from the lounge from time to time

I don’t usually create posts over here
Definitely don’t quote Todd Ellis that often
Trophy is lounge joke

I was a student during the Bowden days and the thought happened to cross my mind

Thanks for contributing this to the conversation

Jan 4, 2021, 8:49 AM

Ask Noter Dame. They have recent experience with this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic