Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets Just Be Honest..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,285

Lets Just Be Honest..

Sep 23, 2012, 2:23 AM

Our Defense is made up of nothing but a bunch of #######. Thumbs up Offense, can't do more than y'all did tonight but I mean my god I've never seen worse tackling. Hopefully Venables can find a way to at least make this D reasonably better. Gotta wait for BV to get his talent in here. I just don't understand why our talent is so lacking right now, recruiting classes in the past few years have been solid, Maybe its the coaching, Idk but regardless, we gotta improve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets Just Be Honest..

Sep 23, 2012, 2:24 AM

that's on everyone's favorite mayberry homeboy...dabo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets Just Be Honest..

Sep 23, 2012, 2:25 AM

Pu##ies *

offense can't do more?

Sep 23, 2012, 2:26 AM

what did they do half way through the third quarter all the way until 2 minutes left in the game? How many 3 and outs? How many times did we run the QB keeper on first down?

Defense was bad, but offense could have done more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: offense can't do more?

Sep 23, 2012, 2:30 AM

Yeah, you could say that i guess, but when our D looked as bad as it did it probably was a little discouraging to Our Offense, at some point it just becomes ridiculous. FSU made some defensive adjustments, made some stops, we cant stop a snail. Offense folded a bit, but most of this has to fall on D. 37 points should be enough. When you give up almost 700 yards on D i mean Cmon...

what appeared to happen...

Sep 23, 2012, 2:38 AM

Second half we stop FSU on opening possesion, score a TD and go up by 14. Crowd completely out of it.

We let them score, answer with a FG, they score again and the crowd is right back into it.

We needed to keep answering, but the more we failed the louder they got.

I think the offense got very predictable in the second half.

We are in the same boat as we were last year. I don't expect our defense to do that well. They are a liability. I expect us to do well on offense.

Defense is bad, but you can't give up 28 unanswered points.

I expected a shoot out and if you would have told me we'd hold them to 14 in the first half, I would have taken it.

We got beat by a better team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - I think it's that simple.***

Sep 23, 2012, 6:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Our D has been rebuilding since Bowers' class left.

Sep 23, 2012, 2:33 AM

But even then, we had alot of 3 and less star recruits in some key positions over the years. We have gotten alot of skill in the past on offense, but not well rounded classes every year. If we can continue to do what we have been with recruiting, we'll be much better off.

Re: it all starts upfront

Sep 23, 2012, 2:40 AM

And right now we are struggling. When your DL cant get any push, pass rush if even set the edge it leaves the rest of the defense to struggle.

As much as some font want to admit, weve missed on elite DEs the last two classes and right now our DL is filled with a bunch of youth:

Crawford- Soph
Williams- Soph
Jarrett- Soph
Goodman- senior
Beasley- rd shirt Soph
Reader- Freshman
Watkins- Freshmsn

Re: Sorry, forgot about Barnes & Watson(both rd shirt Soph)

Sep 23, 2012, 2:42 AM

Nm

The bottom line is our defense is soft

Sep 23, 2012, 3:04 AM

We need a real defensive co.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,285
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic