Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let the situation dictate.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,514

Let the situation dictate.

Jun 21, 2018, 9:43 AM

I have read all kinds of posts about who should be the starter at QB this year. Most center around the belief that Kelly can't throw the ball. I have gone back and rewatched nearly the whole season during downtime, and my conclusion is a little different.

Kelly CAN throw the ball well at times, BUT he has to work far too hard to achieve good results. In other words, not real natural throwing ability. He IS far above average as a running QB. So, I say, let the game situation dicate who plays. We come up on the BAMMERs of the world who want to stack the box, give them a stiff dose of Thor (TL) chunking the rock. If they play it straight up, ETN and Feaster mixed with KB on the RPO. I think this is going to happen anyway, may be the two man version of the "QB by committee" that was talked about in an earlier post.

I actually think the two headed monster at QB would make us a far more dangerous team, and take advantage of KB's strengths in his senior year. KB is a far more capable QB than Stoudt was when DW4 was getting ready to take over his freshman year. (Not putting down Cole, just pointing out abilities as I see them.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you watched 14 clemson game where KB

Jun 21, 2018, 9:47 AM

Was the QB to justify your proposal. That's good.

How many clemson games did you watch where TL was the QB?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Don’t be trying to pool logic into this.***

Jun 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't seen any yet. Kind of my point, that history is

Jun 21, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to So you watched 14 clemson game where KB ]

still to be written. But, I also remember a few years back, when Willy Korn was pencilled in ahead of time as the next Savior. I think we all remember how that turned out. Not saying that TL will remotely resemble that, but, he does still have to prove it on the real field, not just in a spring game. I believe he will, but, as Dabo has always said, he will have to earn it, it will not be given to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My bad... when i read you posted

Jun 21, 2018, 10:22 AM

"We come up on the BAMMERs of the world who want to stack the box, give them a stiff dose of Thor (TL) chunking the rock."

I was assuming you had a reason to think TL would pass the ball better than KB against the bamers of the world . I shouldn't have assumed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Haven't seen any yet. Kind of my point, that history is

Jun 21, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Haven't seen any yet. Kind of my point, that history is ]

Yes, we do know that turned out...Willy Korn ended up injured in the shoulder of his throwing arm (plus didn't have no where near the talent surrounding him that TL will), and his recovery was not a smooth one.
http://www.goupstate.com/news/20111201/byrnes-legend-ex-tiger-korn-becomes-division-ii-star

But then there was also a time where Cole Stoudt was penciled ahead as the starter while some guy named Deshaun Watson sat on the bench...must not have been too major of a guy coming out of HS if Dabo didn't start him first. We also know how that turned out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrible timing. Korn one chance to come in and shine

Jun 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

Was on a day where gt's dline was dominating clemson's oline.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic