Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me get this straight..................
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Let me get this straight..................

Jul 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

Widespread rioting, looting, attacks on innocent citizens, defunding the police in the face of rocketing crime, no bail crimes, smothering conservative speech, systemic massacres of black men and women, as well as children, mainly in big cities and what have we heard from Democrat leaders, ie. Pelosi, Schumer, Schitt, Nadler, Mad Maxine, Biden, Pocahontas, Obama, Rice, Holder?

Answer: ZERO

And some of you want these idiots to lead this country, destroying the economy in record time!! A vote for Joementia is a vote for killing America as we know it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference between President Trump

Jul 14, 2020, 6:00 PM

or Vice President Biden being elected will little affect on our lives, overall. Every election, people on both "sides" say that if the other side wins, then everything will be ruined. But things just go on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*have little effect****

Jul 14, 2020, 10:28 AM

Re: *have little effect****

Jul 14, 2020, 2:31 PM

I disagree in the case of White House, House of Rep, and Senate all go blue. It will have significant Effects on many.

For one, the DoD budget will go in the crapper. That will have a large, negative effect on my business.

And, since my son is an Air Force pilot, it will have a large, negative impact on him and the rest of the people serving our country because we will go through another cycle of program cuts. People and equipment will be severely cut. Planes will not be able to fly due to lack of maintenance and parts. Biden will probably kill the F-35 program like Obama did the F-22...

Everything will be that much more dangerous for our troops in training because training hours will be cut. The $hit they do is dangerous, and it is easy to die during routine training.

Re: *have little effect****

Jul 14, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to *have little effect**** ]

And, I forgot one of the bigger items...supreme court justices. The court makeup can effect lots of people as well since many decisions are along party lines.

well, except the amt of your paycheck, insurance, etc***

Jul 14, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to The difference between President Trump ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I've seen small changes over the years

Jul 14, 2020, 10:39 AM

do to actions by the government, but nothing drastic. My own choices have a much greater effect than anything the government can do.

And even if significant changes happen there, that doesn't mean America's dead or ruined, or whatever. People will get by, and life will go on.

i've got like 400 more in my pocket a month. Thanks Trump!***

Jul 14, 2020, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and if we got 400 less, then it wouldn't

Jul 14, 2020, 1:26 PM

be that earth-shattering. I mean, we were all living pretty well, I'm sure, before whatever little boost we may have gotten in the last couple of years.

Voting a certain way because it would put more money in one's pocket is a good reason for voting that way. But I believe it's disingenuous and fear-mongering when people say "electing so-and-so will destroy us all!" It's just one man.

I don’t think Trump’s policies will ruin much. He’s just

Jul 14, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to The difference between President Trump ]

a terrible human being and an embarrassment to the office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to think that too, and then

Jul 14, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to The difference between President Trump ]

I became a small business owner.

Various administration policies can have a major impact on my biz's performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will grant that individuals

Jul 14, 2020, 2:03 PM

may have significant changes...I suppose that's inevitable, just due to the volume of people and businesses. And those individuals/business owners have a responsibility to vote in those interests.

I still contend that those individual situations do not add up to the "death of America". Every four years, we hear that, and every four years, most everything just keeps marching on. Of course, there is a spectrum of effects the elections have on individuals. No matter who is elected, some people will benefit in an extreme way, and others will suffer in a significant way. But the fat middle of that bell curve, where most of us are, see lesser changes.

Oh, just on that statement, I agree. Up until now, and as

Jul 14, 2020, 2:13 PM

it still stands, the country is far stronger than any one administration.

I'd be lying though if I said that things on the horizon like the National Popular Interstate Vote Compact and the desire to eliminate the Electoral College altogether don't worry me significantly. The country needs power to constantly shift and swing, and imbalances to be corrected in order to remain the country we know. Those would basically put us under one party rule for the foreseeable future.

That and our massive debt are the two real things that keep me up at night on the topic of the "death of America".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they can get two thirds of Congress

Jul 14, 2020, 2:17 PM

and three fourths of the states to agree to do away with the Electoral College...well, God bless 'em. Don't see it happening.

Nah. Just have the SCOTUS say it’s good and you’re done.

Jul 14, 2020, 2:23 PM

Getting five liberals there is far, far easier. Especially since Republican Presidents apparently get repeatedly duped to appoint judges that switch sides once they are in.

That’s how the Left has gotten most of what they want since the 26th Amendment in 1971.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Uh, no.

Jul 14, 2020, 2:26 PM

That's not how amending the Constitution works.

Uh, that is the point. Why bother when you can find

Jul 14, 2020, 2:55 PM

penumbras and emanations hiding in the text of the Constitution, e.g. Roe v Wade in 1973?

All John Roberts has to say is “it’s a tax” and you’re good to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The Constitution literally says that Electors

Jul 14, 2020, 3:00 PM

elect the President, and it prescribes how many Electors each state gets.

So?

Jul 14, 2020, 3:08 PM

Call them whatever you want. When the States pass laws saying their electors have to vote for the national popular vote winner then you’ve effectively eliminated the point of the Electoral College, but you can still keep the name.

Interestingly, the SCOTUS recently ruled on the converse saying States can force electors to vote for their State’s popular vote winner and can punish them if they don’t. So, can a State force electors to vote for someone other than their State’s popular vote winner? Sounds weird but like I said the SCOTUS will say what’s kosher or not.

Re: The difference between President Trump

Jul 14, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to The difference between President Trump ]

However, with the movement of destructive organizations gearing up and gaining power a vote for dems will further promote destruction because their donors support violent anti american agenda's . Very simple... a vote for biden equates to disaster.

Re: Let me get this straight..................

Jul 14, 2020, 10:30 AM

Trump's America. Yeah we want him gone. We can start with two new candidates in 2024. Maybe Repubs will give us a quality option in that election.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

Widespread rioting, looting, attacks on innocent citizens, defunding the police in the face of rocketing crime, no bail crimes, smothering conservative speech, systemic massacres of black men and women, as well as children

Yes, Trump made America great again! Look at all that greatness! Imma buy me a hat!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Jul 14, 2020, 10:43 AM

Trump is the Will Muschamp of presidents. I want the Dabo Swinney of presidents.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:41 AM

you be like ...a broken record

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 14, 2020, 10:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6TD_evLzI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember:

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

I am specifically canceling YOUR vote in November. Nobody else's. You alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you got two options Miura.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:33 AM

Vote twice or kill 19B. The ball’s in your court....how good of an American are you?

LOL at thinking killing 19B

Jul 14, 2020, 11:43 AM

would keep him from voting.

Obed and I will both still vote if you kill me.***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obed and I will both still vote if you kill me.***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:51 AM

Yet all of this is happening under Trump's "leadership,"

Jul 14, 2020, 12:27 PM

so he is the idiot? Trump is killing America as we know it? Everything you listed is happening on Trump's watch, but it's Dem's fault?

You crack me up. And you're still gullible enough to buy more of it. That's special.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

Why is it that every other month we have some new cretin come crawling out of the sewers of 4chan or 8kun and try their rapidfire Derp Logic schtick until they take such a beating they give up and slink back to the echo chamber with their tail between their legs...

...(victory!)...

...and then we get less than a week of Blessed Silence until some new yahoo takes his place? No sooner did MemphisCat throw in the towel than this joker was right here to take his spot.

Do they work in shifts or something? Is there an Alt-Right staffing center somewhere?

Your post is over the top and offensive.***

Jul 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

Re: Your post is over the top and offensive.***

Jul 14, 2020, 1:51 PM

Meh. Setting drive-by trolls aflame is just good sport.

Jul 14, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me get this straight.................. ]

You made my day...I think you guys are beginning to see the wisdom of voting for constitutional government over chaos.......it was worth my effort. TYVM. Your responses suggest I've exposed your flagrant DENIAL,eh?!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can will all agree that anyone who uses stupid names...

Jul 14, 2020, 2:39 PM

like "Joementia" and "Trumptastrophe" should not be taken seriously?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really a repugnant practice.

Jul 14, 2020, 3:04 PM

And pretty much invalidates whatever point one was trying to make, to me.

Re: Can will all agree that anyone who uses stupid names...

Jul 14, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Can will all agree that anyone who uses stupid names... ]

Snowflaking? Good for you...... the world is a cruel place....

Re: Can will all agree that anyone who uses stupid names...

Jul 14, 2020, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Can will all agree that anyone who uses stupid names... ]

Snowflaking? Good for you...... the world is a cruel place....

Do you know what snowflaking means?....

Jul 15, 2020, 4:01 PM

I'm thinking not.

I'm not scared or offended by you making-up/using silly names...it just means I think you're probably an idiot because of it.

Jul 14, 2020, 3:49 PM

Wait...ummm, the horror that you're describing is when Republicans are in control. You are literally saying that Republicans are terrible at governing, look at the streets, look at unemployment, but Democrats are worse!?

Actually, this is sort of lame, and beneath a mind as sharp as yours. Perhaps you're tired? Need a vacation? ;)

Jul 14, 2020, 5:22 PM

Your critical thinking skills and reading comprehension have let you down, again!

The hate on the left is what's really killing America...surely you can see that?

Hey Felix, give me your Top 10 'good' things the Dems are doing, right now. Fair enough?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic