Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me get this straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,264

Let me get this straight

Jan 21, 2016, 9:50 PM

Dabo can have 5-10 win seasons in a row, win a BCS bowl, win 2 ACC championships, place us #1 in the CFP from start to finish, win the Orange Bowl Playoff taking us to the National Championship.....but somehow can't be trusted with scholarships?

Good Lowered...can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a self-important, arrogant, disrespeful arm-chair coach with no clue.

Go Tigers!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does this not have 400 TU's ? D2Johnstone et al could

Jan 21, 2016, 9:58 PM

take care of the first 300 by herself ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to

Jan 21, 2016, 10:01 PM

offering guys like the Davis twins who haven't contributed.

This year, we have a very limited number of schollies. Some would say why not preferred walk on like Renfrow and let him earn it.

I think it is still OK to question these decisions. Of course the coaches know way more than we know. But generally, stars, which is basically a measure of how many big time college offers you have, the higher chance you have to contribute.

I trust Dabo in recruiting. But I do think he gives one or two questionable Alabama scholarships or former player scholarships that maybe he shouldn't each year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to

Jan 21, 2016, 10:21 PM

To be fair, given what he's done for this program I don't care if he offers a scholly to a Hollywood hairdresser. With literally NO information people criticize for the sake of criticizing.

And I promise, it'll turn out that the hairdresser can place field goals from the 50.

I'm not second guessing anything he or Venables does. I'm just glad to be along for the ride.

;)

I'm not criticizing but I could understand it. I don't think

Jan 21, 2016, 10:25 PM

it is wrong to offer an opinion on a football message board.

Re: I'm not criticizing but I could understand it. I don't think

Jan 21, 2016, 10:30 PM

I'd rather dabo stay making great hires and leave defensive evals to Venables. We don't make it to the championship without Venables that's for sure.

Do you know that CBV didn't do the eval & agree with the

Jan 22, 2016, 6:30 AM

offer ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:33 PM [ in reply to I'm not criticizing but I could understand it. I don't think ]

As long as people realize their opinions really don't matter.

Wins

Graduation

Good behavior

No Probation

Good university PR

Matter

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If he can cover kicks and tackle a tight end, that's better

Jan 21, 2016, 10:37 PM

than anything we had.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to I'm not criticizing but I could understand it. I don't think ]

Only if you're simply a contrarian.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to

Jan 21, 2016, 10:29 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to ]

We hear this every time we get a guy with 2 stars or less. There's always going to be some players that work out and others that do not regardless of how highly touted they are. What about the guys that have worked out that a lot of people questioned?

Adam Humphries, Ryan Carter, Hunter Renfrow, TJ Green just to name a few

Utter BS. I was leading the charge for offering Denzel Johnson

Jan 21, 2016, 10:59 PM

We have players that don't deserve a scholly based on athletic ability. There's zero chance that some of these kids get a scholly if it weren't for their last name.

And that's the BS part about it. There are kids who deserve the scholly more and they are getting cheated out of it.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Utter BS. I was leading the charge for offering Denzel Johnson

Jan 21, 2016, 11:01 PM

tiger gonna lose his insider status.

Lol***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:03 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No, that problem was due to Brooks leaving at the last

Jan 21, 2016, 11:14 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to ]

minute and Jones leaving which could not have been predicted. Vain for spectators to think they know more than the VERY successful coaches that evaluate players for a living and have highly ranked classes and turn those classes into excellent seasons.

You'd be happier on STS.***

Jan 22, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to To be fair, we were pretty limited at LB this year due to ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me get this straight

Jan 21, 2016, 10:30 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth. You are faster on the trigger.

"dead cat" - not the use of words I would have gone with

Jan 22, 2016, 5:24 AM

at a "Tiger" site. ;)

but otherwise in full 100% agreement with you....

This deserves a bump. Glad I've been of TNet recently!***

Jan 22, 2016, 7:42 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,264
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic