Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting to get a little concerned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Starting to get a little concerned

Aug 11, 2012, 6:13 PM

about Joe Gore and Kalon davis. Was hoping Gore would see this as an oppportunity to take the job and run but sounds like hes still developing and struggling a bit. I know hes only been on the OL for just about a year now. I hope Giff can get back sooner than they hope he can. With Kalon im not as worried because we have a lot of options for the gaurd spot than we do tackle. I think ryan norton may get the job if kalon continues to be inconsistent. At tackle I wouldnt be shocked if reid webster started getting reps...talked to some who said he has really improved his footwork and has gotten much better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting to get a little concerned

Aug 11, 2012, 6:18 PM

we may have to move one of the better backup guards or even Freeman out to tackle. Sounds like norton could play center if necessary. very disappointed with the struggles at tackle and the apparent inabilty of the coaches to develop solutions. just a problem year after year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2012, 6:25 PM

well the tackle spot has been an issue but I feel its being adressed...Theres a lot of potential with battle and gore but they just arent ready. Shaq anthony is also one that is starting to come along but for some reason we just missed on kids and made some bad jusdgements on kids in the past at the tackle spot. Battle and gore should be the future at those spots and I like the maverick morris kid for 2013.

Don't forget losing J.K. Jay there to injury***

Aug 11, 2012, 6:27 PM

Re: Don't forget losing J.K. Jay there to injury***

Aug 11, 2012, 6:30 PM

yes sir that was a major blow and really set us back a yr or two

Leamon woulda been a stud too***

Aug 11, 2012, 7:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leamon woulda been a stud too***

Aug 11, 2012, 7:15 PM

yup sucks he couldnt go the prep school route but I dont blame him for going to sc st instead of juco

I'd give the coaches a little time here

Aug 11, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Starting to get a little concerned ]

Gore and Anthony are redshirt freshmen and Battle a true freshman. Not exactly a lot of experience there and that's the issue. Plus, Caldwell has been here 1 full season. Landon Walker started 4 years for us at RT, and injuries happen. I'm not going to get all worked up over 1 scrimmage, and they've already said they'll look at Freeman there and Norton at C if none of the freshmen come along

Re: I'd give the coaches a little time here

Aug 11, 2012, 6:32 PM

Oh I agree...Im not getting worked up cause I know gore can do it...just hope he can develop faster. I really like the difference caldwell and morris have made in our OL....if it was yrs before id be beyond worried

Here is where the improvements really begin

Aug 11, 2012, 6:37 PM

film is now available. I like what Tajh said, it wasn't a lack of physicality, just missed assignments. That's what the freshmen, and Davis, need to get down. They will. I have no problem moving Freeman outside. If Bama can move their Outland Trophy winning LT to center, we can move our All-ACC center to RT

Re: Here is where the improvements really begin

Aug 11, 2012, 6:49 PM

That move doesnt bother me

I think if Timothy isn't ready by AU

Aug 11, 2012, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd give the coaches a little time here ]

you start Freeman at RT. Then work the guys vs Furman and Ball st, that is why you play cream puffs early

Let me be hypothetical about our OL for a moment...

Aug 11, 2012, 9:12 PM [ in reply to I'd give the coaches a little time here ]

Let's say Timothy comes back and solidifies the RT spot. Do you think Norton could start at LG over Davis if he continues to struggle?

I think there's a pretty good shot at Freeman playing RT actually. I don't think Timothy was really dominating at RT anyway, and it sounds like Norton is going to make it impossible to keep him off the field.

If Davis falters, for sure***

Aug 11, 2012, 10:47 PM

I always ecpected him to backup Timothy

Aug 11, 2012, 6:20 PM

Think Timothy is a future NFL RT

RT is the only real concern for me on the OL

Aug 11, 2012, 6:24 PM

Alot of talent on the OL. Gore needs to step up, but think if Timothy goes down Freeman would step into the tackle spot with Norton taking center as good as he has been. Not a big problem as some think it to be

Re: RT is the only real concern for me on the OL

Aug 11, 2012, 6:30 PM

I thought(well hoped) the light was gonna come on for gore and the RT spot would have the best position battle all camp. Timothy should be back by at least the ball state game but I think that if you have to move your starting center there then it is kind of an issue. Someone said that Shaq was getting reps at RT today in the scrimmage so that might be an answer. Gore has all the makings of an NFL tackle but just needs to put it together. Giff was really starting to come on(not sure hes an NFL guy yet) so I hope hes not out to long

You have to remember Gore is less than a year off of knee

Aug 11, 2012, 6:34 PM

surgery and the position change.

Re: You have to remember Gore is less than a year off of knee

Aug 11, 2012, 6:44 PM

Yeah I know thats why I said he hasnt been at this spot long...I cant remember if he got moved in the season or camp...but I think with him its nothing physical at all...just assignments

Aug 11, 2012, 6:52 PM [ in reply to You have to remember Gore is less than a year off of knee ]

Again Im not concerned about the position concerning talent because talent wise this is the best weve been in awhile...we are just young

Aug 11, 2012, 7:04 PM

this is really the only worry I have for the team.

Hey I'd appreciate it any Tiger fans would check out and follow my blog.

http://ryankantor.com/2012/08/08/clemson-2012-season-preview-clemson-will-be-wildly-unpredictable-improving-as-the-season-progresses/

Aug 11, 2012, 7:09 PM

Brad Scott lives on. Need big uglies...Bostic's anyone. Not sexy but that is where it happens

What about Region

Aug 11, 2012, 9:17 PM

I had such high hopes for him, is he just not ready?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic