Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let it go with the Jackson/Louisville/ESPN hate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,725

Let it go with the Jackson/Louisville/ESPN hate

Oct 4, 2016, 5:23 AM

This was a rough and tumble game. It showed, grit, heart and physicality on both sides of the ball. And you know what ... Lamar Jackson played an amazing game. You can't take that away from him. But you know what ... The Clemson D battled him play for play for 99 plays. 99!!! And we ultimately won.

The biggest losers? The Louisville defense. We did everything we could to hand this game to them and they still couldn't stop us. They are getting a pass for some reason, but it doesn't matter.

So who cares if ESPN wants to pump LJ for the Heisman. Does it really matter? Would you rather have a Heisman winner and not a shot at a NC? Or a shot at the NC and a top-5 Heisman candidate?

I love DW4, but this is a team game and I would rather see us ACC champions, play-off contenders than being out of it. So just let it go. Its time to focus on our high school game with BC this Friday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let it go with the Jackson/Louisville/ESPN hate

Oct 4, 2016, 5:31 AM

I completely agree. Plus is gonna be hard for a clemson player to ever win a Heisman. That is a stat based award and dabo doesn't care one bit about stats. A good example is Lamar Jackson was playing in a fourth quarter blowout against Marshall. Whereas dabo would have had DW4 on the bench in the early 3rd quarter. It's ok though, like you said, I would rather win the natty than have a Heisman winner.

How about someone from this great defense?

Oct 4, 2016, 6:04 AM

With the exception of Charles Woodson and Leon Hart of ND playing some both ways, there has not been a defensive player winning the Heisman.

yup

Oct 4, 2016, 6:20 AM

we're 5 games in, many more of the mighty will fall, and it ultimately matters who's standing at the end. And I want us to be there, don't care how we get there.

If they really looked at it, Dwat had a pretty amazing game. 2 int's weren't really his fault. 5 TD's and much more efficiency on many less plays. Late, poised comeback drives. A W. I'll take it.

Oct 4, 2016, 6:45 AM

I haven't seen hate as much as a defense of Clemson's victory from people trying to discredit it. I see nothing wrong with standing up for these young men.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 6:59 AM

Agree that makes sense ... but this is an echo chamber. You think ESPN reads this and thinks "wow, those tigernet posters are right"? No.

From a strictly numbers point of view LJ had a better game. Even Big Ben says he's the best he has ever played against. And we still beat him.

DW4 is blessed with an amazing team so he doesn't have to lift his team on his shoulders like LJ does. Could he? Absolutely, but we've built a contender. So let's focus on that. It was a great game. One which we played with the heart of champions. And lets focus our time on that. Not telling everyone else they're wrong.

Oct 4, 2016, 7:09 AM

"From a strictly numbers point of view LJ had a better game."

I think that's one thing that's frustrating about the convo. He did NOT have a better game statistically. DW had the higher passer rating, more yards and more TDS. Even with the 3ints a better passer rating. He's an incredible talent and a highlight reel every game, but he's definitely the darling now like DW4 was all offseason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 7:19 AM

I may be missing something but http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869453

Lamar Jackson
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
27/44 295 6.7 1 1 70.4

CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
31 162 5.2 2 38

Deshaun Watson
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
20/31 306 9.9 5 3 64.1

CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
14 91 6.5 0 23

At the end though, Louisville had the ball nearly 38 minutes and only had 60 more yards offense. This was an AMAZING defensive effort by this team and we should celebrate that.

Oct 4, 2016, 7:22 AM

One thing that stands out is how many more attempts (both running and passing) LJ had. Turnovers and allowing 3rd down conversions will kill you....usually.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let it go...

Oct 4, 2016, 6:54 AM

... a TU to you for the OP as well as one for @ClemTig - also a valid response (IMO).

However, now I have a Disney tune rattling around in my head for some reason!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Agree...Just keep winning.... recognition will follow***

Oct 4, 2016, 7:49 AM

Oct 4, 2016, 8:13 AM

It is difficult for me to listen to media who proclaim things like an incomplete pass that's a Heisman moment and worry about their opinion. Both guys played great. Our guy played better and won the game. Talking around the clock with innane sports blather doesnt change that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic