Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And The Band Played On...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

And The Band Played On...

Oct 12, 2018, 10:11 AM

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/issue-during-wake-forest-s-loss-to-clemson-was-addressed/article_ccbf35fb-a591-5d16-8537-e05cdc2f8a35.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And The Band Played On...

Oct 12, 2018, 10:29 AM

The rules state that bands may not play post-snap. And Tiger Band didn't. But you can make all the noise you want right up to the snap of the ball. The band playing doesn't affect pre-snap team communication any differently than a house full of screaming fans in your ear. So in my estimation, because the band is there to support the football team, I'd say that they have a responsibility to give the team an edge in any way they can within the rules.

GREAT JOB, TIGER BAND!! Mission accomplished.

I think if I were Dave Clawson, I'd spend less time complaining about the sound coming from LESS THAN HALF of the opposing team's band, and more time figuring out how to communicate with noise in your ear. You're coming to the Valley next year. What are you gonna do....scream at the ref in hopes that he tells 80,000 screaming fans to be quiet so your players can communicate? Good luck with that.

Less than one third of Tiger Band.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:07 AM

Clemson sent a 100-member pep band to Wake Forest. Tiger Band has 356 members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Less than one third of Tiger Band.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:35 AM

Even if the Clemson band did not show up, the Wake fans were outnumbered by orange clad Tiger supporters.

man...Dabo is trying to get any advantage he can....

Oct 12, 2018, 11:51 AM

Last year he had a lap top on the sidelines and this year the band is playing too much. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: man...Dabo is trying to get any advantage he can....

Oct 12, 2018, 11:57 AM

This is understandable to me. I’m sure the pep band director thought it was a home game for Clemson. After all, we had the most fans.... and they all stayed until the bitter end!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic