Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Less than a month until the midterms and I still ask
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 346

Less than a month until the midterms and I still ask

Oct 9, 2018, 9:12 AM

What are the democrats running on?

Serious answers only

(Like that will happen)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I do know 2 things

Oct 9, 2018, 9:15 AM

Impeach ICE. they want to impeach everyone else, lets impeach ice too ;)
Free #### for everyone!!!!! PARTY!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MMMMM Peach ice

Oct 9, 2018, 9:28 AM

might I recommend Titan Farms. Certified SC grown and Two Clemson Alums

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/peach-ice-440813

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tequila or Vodka wood go good with that...***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:46 AM

what do Tequilla or Vodka NOT go good with? thats like sayin

Oct 9, 2018, 9:53 AM

"I like air"

but yes! i pick vodka

Re: Less than a month until the midterms and I still ask

Oct 9, 2018, 9:18 AM

Being against Trump. They have a detailed platform that includes things that ending tax breaks for outsourcing, infrastructure, investing in emerging industries, job training for people in dying industries, all that fun stuff.

But during midterms, the party opposing a President, especially one polling below 50, runs on one thing.

Also, midterms are state and local elections. There is no national candidate, so there need not be any national message. A house member from Hawaii and one from Maine shouldn't run on the same message.

tax break for outsourcing? Tell me more...***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:27 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They're running against Trump...

Oct 9, 2018, 9:21 AM

and, unfortunately, he's set that up pretty well for them. Maybe he can figure out how to S T F U for a little while, but I think the deed is done politically. He's said and done an awful lot of stupid things over the past 2 yrs and it's going to bite the GOP this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I voted for him knowing he'd be a 1 term president

Oct 9, 2018, 9:26 AM

hoping he could get enough done in 4 to make it worth while. So far so good imo. He got his trades with europe, can, mex and if he can get China, SCORE!

His first 2 years have been more than I couldve hoped for imo.

But you cant give the lib media anything to work with and he has given them a ton and more. But I'll take a ###### Steve Jobs over a nice CEO who sucks and drives the company into oblivion.

The only think I wish Trump would've pushed back on was the pubs ludicrous spending. He shouldve vetoed the initial bill imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hoped for a lot more....

Oct 9, 2018, 9:40 AM

I hoped that his election actions were just an act, but it seems like it's the real him and it's pretty ugly. I hoped that the fact that he was an outside and beholden to no one (in relative political terms) would free him up to take some principled stands...only to confirm his lack of principles shown during the election cycle really was true.

I think about the possibilities of what could have been done with a competent POTUS and control of both houses of Congress...and that makes it hard to give Trump much credit.

I'm ok with his handling of the NAFTA deal, but his handling of the China trade issues has been bad...very bad. I know first-hand what his tariffs are doing to a lot of businesses, mine included. It could have been handled a lot differently and still applied pressure to China. If he's going to win with China, it needs to happen now, before too much more damage is done here.

I would say his biggest marketable success was the tax reform deal...but knowing how it happened, as I've said on here before, it happened in spite of him and not because of him.

I do believe he deserves a lot of credit on the relaxing of overbearing regulation which is showing direct results in the economy.

Then there is healthcare...a problem that continues to plague the country (no pun intended) and he shows ZERO leadership on the issue. Such an issue is only going to be solved by leadership in the WH...and he showed none.

competent pub POTUS

Oct 9, 2018, 9:53 AM

wouldn't do jack on illegals
wouldn't have gone as far for businesses on taxes
no way in hell wouldve they have done jack on trade.
No way they would've done what he's done on regulations.

The establishment pubs are impotent imo.

The reason Trump was nominated on the pub side, is b/c the voters were sick of being lied to by the pubs.

oh and as far as midterms go

Oct 9, 2018, 9:58 AM

only 2 times has the Presidents side won. And one was after 9/11.
If the pubs do lose the house, it aint by much. It would seem he is barely losing out to history.

See...there's where you're off...

Oct 9, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to competent pub POTUS ]

I said competent and you thought "establishment" (which isn't a term I think means much). There isn't a binary choice of outsider that is an incompetent, undisciplined, classless, a-hole or milk-toast "Washington insider." I think that's where so many get it wrong nowadays.

And, aside from his eff'd up handling of the child separation issue (which I was inclined to support in principle)...what has really been accomplished on immigration, aside from making it harder to bring in H1B employees when no US-based person can be found? Where's the wall Mexico was going to pay for?

sadly, there wasnt a 1 of them then

Oct 9, 2018, 10:11 AM

I would've gladly have voted for someone with Trumps fight and what he wanted to do, without the childish antics. But sadly, such a person didnt exist.

I was ready to vote for Scott Walker but he bowed out not even a minute into his run. I have a feeling someone had something on him.

That’s just laughable. You put too much emphasis on

Oct 9, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to competent pub POTUS ]

on emotional issues like illegals. Trump hasn’t done jack on trade. What he did was create uncertainty in the economy while getting these minor new deals that will affect less than 1% of our economy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's mostly about rhetoric***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, it was Donald Trump

Oct 9, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I hoped for a lot more.... ]

It's still mystifying to me why anybody thought Donald Trump should be in any elected office, let alone president.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did the new trade deals accomplish? Be

Oct 9, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I voted for him knowing he'd be a 1 term president ]

specific.

Bush, Rubio, Kasich could have gotten much more accomplished and maybe some kind of spending caps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to disagree, b/c

Oct 9, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to They're running against Trump... ]

the Kavanaugh proceedings will tend to galvanize the Bubba vote again, much like when Hills called them "deplorables".
Now if the left had not made such a fuss over Kava, you may be right....

No doubt the dems blew it with Kavanaugh....

Oct 9, 2018, 9:30 AM

but I don't think it's going to matter much in the House. However, it likely worked to keep the Senate for the GOP.

I hope I'm wrong about the House, but right now it appears a lock for the dems to take over. And it's going to be a shid show next year if they do.

I think it's pretty clear.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:24 AM

Anti-Trump.

And that's probably all they'll need.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Hellluva good message.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:31 AM

I suppose they want their crumbs back too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

But history shows that's the safest message in this election

Oct 9, 2018, 9:51 AM

Historically, the control flips when a party controls the White House and Congress, so generally the "Hey, we aren't these guys" play is the smart one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

That's all you got?

Oct 9, 2018, 10:10 AM

How about a policy message of what you want to change? Or is that too much to ask? Or do you not have a policy?

Who, me?

Oct 9, 2018, 10:48 AM

I ain't got ####. I ain't running for office.

I'm just telling you what the Dems' strategy is, and it's probably going to work.

I think Trumps election proves you cant rely on history

Oct 9, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to But history shows that's the safest message in this election ]

every prediction that "history" and "experts" have made have also made them look foolish.

Like him or not, Trumps economic results cannot be denied.

Like him or not, he has delivered in spades on his campaign promises.

I did not hire him for his family life, I hired him for his business acumen.

If I fired ever ######### and adulterer in our company i "might" be here by myself. Depending on the definition of ######### the building might be empty.

Yeah, that's true.

Oct 9, 2018, 10:49 AM

Alabama gets upset now and then. Still a safe bet to go with them.

And Trump's "business acumen" is fraudulent.

Re: Less than a month until the midterms and I still ask

Oct 9, 2018, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running on the fact that there’s a scumbag and

Oct 9, 2018, 10:42 AM

embarrassment to the U.S. in office.

So based on what I have heard on the MSM and this thread

Oct 9, 2018, 10:58 AM

If I were running as a democrat, my message would be:

"Vote for me because I hate Trump! I have no policies, plans or ideas about how to move the country forward, nor can I say the economy is bad, but Trump is an idiot so you should vote for me in this local election."

Did I get that right?

If you really want to know, have you considered

Oct 9, 2018, 12:13 PM

reading their party platform?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good questgion

Oct 9, 2018, 12:22 PM

I really have no idea, the local dem candidate heer is running on maintaining the pre existing conditions clause in the ACA and that is about it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 346
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic