Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are about to witness the Fall of Camelot....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,243

We are about to witness the Fall of Camelot....

Jan 2, 2017, 1:40 PM

There's been something amiss at Alabama for several years now...and I don't have any "inside" info, just a gut feeling. Lane Kiffin and little Nicky were never meant to work together, but on the outside, it seemed to work. Their relationship, I am sure, was not an "iron sharpens iron" camaraderie...especially with the ### Chewings comments. Saban is so engrossed in his "process", that he is no longer developing people or players; only manufacturing wins. This coaching move, IMO, gives you a small insight into what is really happening inside the program. Mark my words...the "program" is imploding and the "process" is failing. If Nick doesn't right the ship, we will all see the demise. And believe me, Sark is NOT the guy that changes that. It is inevitable when you create a "football factory" culture...and this culture cannot be sustained. Because they have been focused on winning at all costs and NOT developing GREAT men or leaders, they will ultimately fail. And all of the buzz words regarding the process (consistency, discipline, commitment, methodical approach, etc.) can't help it.

You can't blame Lane, Nick hired him. He knew what he was getting in Kiffin, but he did it to win at all costs. Kirby Smart and Mcillwain both stayed in the same situation, so the "template" was already laid.

Clemson's culture is the polar opposite...Dabo builds character and he does buy building RELATIONSHIPS. He cares about his family, his staff and his players...because He gets "it". He develops people and wins in the process and has fun doing it. Thank God for Dabo...the BEST is yet to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Jan 2, 2017, 1:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are about to witness the Fall of Camelot....

Jan 2, 2017, 1:45 PM

Dabo does a great job of building relationships.

Bama gets 5 &4 stars. They stay about that level and he wins. If they don't pan out they get cut.
Dabo & staff grow players who were not highly recruited into stars. The Clemson staff does a great job of developing players in addition to recruiting at a high level. That's why we are in the championship for the second year in a row.

Go Tigers!

Re: We are about to witness the Fall of Camelot....

Jan 2, 2017, 1:47 PM

I think Saban is thinking about and getting close to retirement. Yet, I think he wants that additional Natty to tie the Bear.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Less like "Camelot", more like the fall of "The Third Reich"

Jan 2, 2017, 1:50 PM

Never thought that Nick Saban bore much resemblance to King Arthur. ;)

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic