Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leon O'Neal commits to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 5,152

Leon O'Neal commits to..

Jun 2, 2017, 4:10 PM

Texas A&M

This breaks my heart. He was my favorite safety in the class

https://twitter.com/wakeemup9/status/870732228543750145

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will he do when Sumlin gets fired after this year?***

Jun 2, 2017, 4:22 PM

Re: What will he do when Sumlin gets fired after this year?***

Jun 2, 2017, 4:25 PM

Lol. I've been following the guy on Twitter for a while, he honestly seems like a great kid. I wish him the best at A&M. Just wish he would've visited campus this summer for the cookout or something before committing.

Oh well..
On to the next one!

Not surprised here...

Jun 2, 2017, 5:32 PM

He is from the Cypress, TX area which is a little over an hour drive from College station. In fact the area used to be called Little A&M because of all of the aggie grads that moved here

It would be like Texas A&M beating Clemson on a recruit from Spartanburg.

Re: Not surprised here...

Jun 2, 2017, 5:43 PM

I get the comparison that you are trying to draw.. But Clemson is on an unprecedented recruiting streak right now. Understandably. The two programs are in different places. I would be very shocked if A&M came into Clemson's backyard and got a player we wanted right now. I would be far less surprised to see us pull someone like O'Neal from A&M territory.

But again, I get what you are saying

Re: Leon O'Neal commits to..

Jun 2, 2017, 5:43 PM

Is Texas recruiting for Clemson a waste of time?

when dabo thinx its a waste of time, we'll stop.

Jun 2, 2017, 5:48 PM

cds seems to have a pretty good grasp of what our program needs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: when dabo thinx its a waste of time, we'll stop.

Jun 2, 2017, 6:08 PM

I realize that. Not questioning Dabo but the results so far say otherwise. I'm beginning to think that the Texas kids are using us as a resume padder because of the national title.

Jun 2, 2017, 6:16 PM

Look at how many high profile TX guys are/were considering Clemson just in this cycle:

Leon O'Neal
Mustapha Muhammed
Brennan Eagles
Anthony Cook
Jalen Green
Demarvion Overshawn
Verone McKinley
Taye Barber

I'm sure there's more. Clemson's brand is growing stronger and stronger in TX. It's only a matter of time before we get a commit. Hopefully this year!

Jun 2, 2017, 6:26 PM

The proof will be signing one or two of them. Do we lead on any of the remaining uncommitted players?

I get what you are saying but......

Jun 2, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: when dabo thinx its a waste of time, we'll stop. ]

.......are we passing up time that could be used on other bigtime recruits in Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Tennessee? You only get so much time to recruit during periods. I understand getting that Texas guy to break the ice so you can show other Texas guys but lets not forget the Safety a few years back that said Clemson was his dream school and even went as far as taking the Grey Hound to Clemson for a camp. We didn't even get that kid. He committed to A&M decommitted and I think wound up at Boise State. I want Clemson to break the chains and go above and beyond to fund guys but I also don't want to waste time. I don't know how Ohio State does it. I don't think other schools do it the right way like Dabo. I really believe that they stretch the rules. While we have top notch talent committed I did think it would be a little easier to land some of these other top guys. Maybe I am getting recruit sick. Its been a minute and it makes me feel like we are missing out. I'll leave it to Dabo though. Go Tigers!!!!

Re: I get what you are saying but......

Jun 2, 2017, 6:56 PM

I agree. According to 247 we lead on none of the remaining uncommitted Texas players. I'm all for opening doors in Texas but you have to start winning the wars against Ohio State and LSU too. Put your resources where they bare the most success. This years group of recruits has to be the biggest drama queens in years.

Jun 2, 2017, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: when dabo thinx its a waste of time, we'll stop. ]

At least expand the list to other players just in case this Texas recruiting doesn't work out.

Jun 2, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: when dabo thinx its a waste of time, we'll stop. ]

Believe me I want to see us sign the top talent in Texas. It's going to take more than beating Alabama to convince them that we are better than Ohio State and LSU.

blah blah blah...buh

Jun 2, 2017, 7:25 PM

blah blah blah. btw, we (tigers) are playing in a baseball regional at present. i realize it grates, but on the bright side, you guys can go bass fish. enjoy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Leon O'Neal commits to..

Jun 2, 2017, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Leon O'Neal commits to.. ]

I think TX is a waste of time. If kids are showing heavy interest in us we can spend some time on them. Otherwise it has been really hard to pull players out of there. The southeast footprint will always be our bread and butter.

Personally......

Jun 2, 2017, 6:11 PM

I hope we make another push for Tyson Campbell.

Re: Personally......

Jun 2, 2017, 6:16 PM

Tyson Campbell and Kyler McMichael... Yes please

Campbell will be the hardest flip of the class

Jun 3, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Personally...... ]

He's played for Mike Rumph his entire life. I would be flat out shocked if Rumph lets him get away from Miami.

Re: Campbell will be the hardest flip of the class

Jun 3, 2017, 11:32 AM

I agree he is a strong Miami lean, but on top of that he has also picked up several OSU cb's lately. Clemson may not even be in his top 2. Here's to hoping though

Replies: 19
| visibility 5,152
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic