Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leggett and the future of CU baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Leggett and the future of CU baseball

May 29, 2014, 9:52 AM

It seems to me that JL will be able to keep his job for the next year at least by getting to the post season this year. He will especially be able to keep it if he makes any kind of noise in Nashville this weekend.

Almost all posters seem to agree that some kind of change needs to happen in what we perceive as a decline in Tiger baseball prowess. Whether it be, firing Jack, keeping Jack and ousting Pep, etc., no concensus among the fans is the prevailing thought.

Jack dumpers should hope for an early exit from Nashville, and the pumpers should hope to make it to the Supers.

My bet is that we will have the status quo in coaching the baseball team again next year. I am a Tiger through and through and no matter if I want Leggett gone or not I want the team to go as deep as they can n the playoffs. Dare I say Omaha.....go Tigers!! Kick some ###!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone hoping for an early exit is not a true

May 29, 2014, 9:57 AM

Tigers fan. Whether someone likes the coach or not, to root against our players seems to me like that person's life must be really miserable.

Personally, I feel like Clemson needs a fresh start with a new coach. However, while I don't expect it, I hope this team wins the Regional, Super, and gets to Omaha.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This, I agree with.***

May 29, 2014, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Leggett and the future of CU baseball

May 29, 2014, 10:04 AM

I think you support the team as long as possible, heck I hope they win the whole thing. However, if he doesn't make Omaha then I want him gone. If he does then I will have some hope. Speaking of hope, let's hope Michael Chavis doesn't go in the 1st and same for tanner muse. He could be an incredible player on both football and baseball.

May 29, 2014, 10:45 AM

YOU DO REALIZE MUSE is not eligible for the draft this year i hope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2014, 10:04 AM

I think you support the team as long as possible, heck I hope they win the whole thing. However, if he doesn't make Omaha then I want him gone. If he does then I will have some hope. Speaking of hope, let's hope Michael Chavis doesn't go in the 1st and same for tanner muse. He could be an incredible player on both football and baseball.

With the investment dollars needed for baseball

May 29, 2014, 10:27 AM

Jack is not going to get let go the big $$$ donors and people who have been loyal to the program for a long time are in Jack's pocket I believe and he wont go anywhere.

May 29, 2014, 10:35 AM

Jack has done a great job at Clemson the 90s and up to about 2006 the Tigers where a top 10 program. The last 7-8 years have been very avg at best. I don't think Jack should be fired this year tho. I really don't think we make it out the regionals for the 4th or 5th year in a row. So what I'm saying is next season should be win more or JL needs to go.

Re:Leggett and the future of CU baseball- always pull for us

May 29, 2014, 10:46 AM

but clearly the program needs something to get it going again. Not sure if that is a new coach or what but it is a sustained downward spiral. I just hope it gets whatever it needs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Leggett has done so much for Clemson, if it doesn't get

May 29, 2014, 10:52 AM

better next year, then I think he should be fired."

I've heard that for a few years.

*For the record, I'm a baseball fan. With that said, I'm not sure I am for Leggett being replaced. I honestly don't know much about other coaches who could be potential replacements & I'm not sure about our program inside & out like I do with our football program. So it would be unwise of me to really give an opinion.
I do know one thing, I'm sick & tired of losing to the Coots. That goes for football too.

Re: "Leggett has done so much for Clemson, if it doesn't get

May 29, 2014, 10:57 AM

Jack has had plenty of time to get this program back on its feet and next year should be his last chance.

May 29, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to "Leggett has done so much for Clemson, if it doesn't get ]

Pep is likely going to get the axe after this season. He was a "###" hire from the start. BTW there won't be another staff like Leggett Corbin Sully, may have been one of the greatest of all time in college baseball.

If you look at scar they are on a downward trend under Holbrook too, not hosting supers with that AAA minor league stadium. They are still riding high off of 2010 and 2011 though. To think we barely made a regional this year and let them off the hook in the series.

IMHO we need a new pitching coach and some more facility improvements.

May 29, 2014, 11:14 AM

The Coots might not be a top seed this season but they will be a tough out.They changed coaches and you would expect a drop off but they still are a top 5 program. I would take winning 45 games and being a host any day.

May 30, 2014, 8:10 AM

Well you make a good point but the coots didn't win 45 games and they are not in the top 5

May 29, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: "Leggett has done so much for Clemson, if it doesn't get ]

yeah they were very good but greatest of all time? How many CWS did they win?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: "Leggett has done so much for Clemson, if it doesn't get ]

at least one of those on the way and most probably both.

I will never pull for us to lose

May 29, 2014, 2:47 PM

but I have been ready for a change the past few years as our program has begun to slide.

I do not want Jack "fired", I want either for them to move him into the administration or for him to retire. He deserves that.

What I do not want to see is an extension of his contract after this year for simply making a regional. This is Clemson, making a regional should be automatic. If they do give him an extension then the only way it would be palatable for me is if it is done with four conditions:

A. There is a tiny or no buyout, thus making it a recruiting extension

B. There is a succession plan in place, and at this point the jury is out on who everybody thinks is the defacto HCIW LeCroy

C. There is a new pitching coach in Clemson next season. Pep has been underwhelming his entire stint here, it's time to go in another direction.

D. Any pay increase is highly tied to incentives...so much for being the #1 seed in the ACC Tournament, so much for a national seed, so much for winning a Super Regional, so much for winning the CWS.

Other than those conditions then we are getting into a Bowden type extension that either hurts us when we have to make a change or prevents us from making it altogether.

Re: I will never pull for us to lose

May 29, 2014, 3:45 PM

What have you seen in Lecroy that leads you to believe he is a good coach? Has it been the better hitting, base running and fundamentals this year or in past years since he has been here?

Re: Nothing.***

May 29, 2014, 4:22 PM

As I said,

May 29, 2014, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I will never pull for us to lose ]

the jury is still out. He has helped recruiting, but I have questions regarding his on the field coaching.

Re: I agree with everything except for the move to

May 29, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to I will never pull for us to lose ]

administration. JL was hired as a baseball coach. If he can't hack it then the only move necessary is to move him out.

I understand where you are coming from

May 29, 2014, 6:04 PM

but if it helps get him off the field sooner then move him into administration.

Jack's got a few years until he is eligible to retire as a state employee. I would hate for him to spend that time retired on active duty.

Clemson fans should only hope we win. Anyone who hopes we

May 29, 2014, 4:52 PM

lose isn't a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2014, 9:12 PM

We got a dumpster fire if JL is back next year. He has lost this team and needs to be replaced. Don't go to the games and let Drad know that fact.

May 29, 2014, 9:14 PM

great another pos pulling for us to lose. what a guy you must be.

It's gross to see how selfish some people are.

May 30, 2014, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Leggett and the future of CU baseball ]

The true definition of a fair weather fan. Refusing to support a team even though it made the NCAA tourney and had a good acc tourney showing. I hope no alumnus would ever do this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Leggett and the future of CU baseball ]

Lost the team? You need help

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic