Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Legacy recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Legacy recruits

Jan 20, 2016, 8:59 AM

Reading all the DA's(AI52 mainly) complaining about Dabo's Family Plan at Clemson that seems to be succeeding better than any other plan ever at Clemson that didn't involve NCAA sanctions,I remember all the DA's wanting Batson fired a few years ago. Boy that crowd sure has the stupid, as does the Legacy hater crowd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, you'll get TDed all to heck for this.

Jan 20, 2016, 9:19 AM

Some have a hard time understanding just what Clemson Family means when Dabo says it.Take Dawkins Jr for example,let's say he never gets above special teams his 4 years at Clemson,the value of having Senior back around the program for 4 years far outweighs the value of taking up a roster spot.

Re: True, you'll get TDed all to heck for this.- spl teams

Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 AM

are actually very critical as we just learned. your post makes it seem otherwise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good point

Jan 20, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to True, you'll get TDed all to heck for this. ]

my only question is could he not serve the same purpose as a preferred walk-on with his dad paying his way so he doesn't count against the scholarship limit?

For example, CJ Mosley's little brother is currently a walk-on at Alabama and turned down scholarship offers to schools like Tulane and Western Kentucky.

The Joey Batson hate has finally came back

Jan 20, 2016, 10:00 AM

around. Majoring in Exercise Science, and earning the same certification he has (without Distinction), and reading Strength and Conditioning Journals, being in the Strength "world" so to say, I stood up for him to all the haters, that "knew from the eye test" that he was an inferior strength coach. You don't get the distinction in a C.S.C.S. without knowing what the heck youre doing. I wish we could go back and call out all those idiots that sit behind their keyboards, haven't worked out or ever played football at any level, and wanted to bash Joey Batson. Go suck an egg, because you have no idea what you're saying.

Oh, where we could have been right now if we'd just gotten rid of Batson back 3-4 years ago......lol

I wanted to get rid of

Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 AM

Bowden, but hung on until about a game before he was fired. I never wanted to get rid of Joey

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some people in this world need a witch to burn...***

Jan 20, 2016, 10:05 AM [ in reply to The Joey Batson hate has finally came back ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, "suck an egg", haven't heard that in 20 something years

Jan 20, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to The Joey Batson hate has finally came back ]

You must be 50ish. :/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Subliminal connotations... Being PC for the grumpmeister.***

Jan 20, 2016, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legacy recruits

Jan 20, 2016, 10:38 AM

I'm pretty neutral on the legacy recruits situation. I don't necessarily like taking quite that many guys who probably won't make much, if any, real impact. At the same time I get why Dabo does it and I appreciate him running the program the way he does.

I don't think it's fair to say either way though that these legacy recruits make or break the team. It's impossible to know for sure, but it does also affect things like depth and special teams which we would all agree we've had a problem with for awhile now.

Until we win another natty though, I don't think the talk about the situation will go away.

Well said !***

Jan 20, 2016, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic