Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Laying the groundwork for the coup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Laying the groundwork for the coup

Oct 27, 2020, 8:30 AM

on the same day the Senate confirmed the woman who helped W. win in Florida (along with Kavanaugh and Roberts).

I'm sure it's just coincidence though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Laying the groundwork for the coup

Oct 27, 2020, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always had ballots counted by Election Day

Oct 27, 2020, 8:35 AM

Why should this time be any different?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you really asking what's different about this election?***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides chronic TDS ... nothing***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think you're actually this stupid, so we'll just

Oct 27, 2020, 8:45 AM

quit right here and you can stop pretending.

What a person looks like when they use the term "TDS"

Oct 27, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Besides chronic TDS ... nothing*** ]

Every time. That's how you all look.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Can I add some terms to that, for completeness's sake?

Oct 27, 2020, 10:53 AM

-Libtard
-"The Rump"
-Orange Man
-Joementia
-Trumpie
-Fascist

Thank you, I feel better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I add some terms to that, for completeness's sake?

Oct 27, 2020, 10:56 AM

Nope, Trumpie and Fascist remain. A. Trump is a fascist. B. Anyone who worships him needs a very derogatory word, and Trumpie bugs them the most.

Thanks for playing, though.

I agree, the Rump thing is kinda silly.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I'm trying to help you with self-awareness here.

Oct 27, 2020, 11:02 AM

Yes, the fascist one was a joke.

Trumpie though, does not make anyone upset and is not a cutting edge burn. It makes the user look like they were the kid on a leash at the mall back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm trying to help you with self-awareness here.

Oct 27, 2020, 11:02 AM

Then I'll gladly keep hollering it while also yelling at Mom to let me go into the Toys R Us.

If it helps add some perspective,

Oct 27, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I'm trying to help you with self-awareness here. ]

I assign the same level of judgement towards those who frequently use the word "coot".

Dirt ###### is far better.***

Oct 27, 2020, 11:03 AM

Yes,

Oct 27, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Are you really asking what's different about this election?*** ]

this is how dumb they are....can't see anything outside their little ole "just me" box.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No....we haven't...***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Always had ballots counted by Election Day ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not correct.***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Always had ballots counted by Election Day ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Always had ballots counted by Election Day

Oct 27, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Always had ballots counted by Election Day ]

Clem,

In many states they don't count the absentee ballots until after the polls are closed. In many states, it is more time consuming to count the individual absentee ballots than to read the vote tallies on the voting machines.

Completely wrong***

Oct 27, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Always had ballots counted by Election Day ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The President should be the biggest cheerleader

Oct 27, 2020, 8:44 AM

for our election process and its integrity. If there are issues, they should be swiftly addressed, not whined about.

And we will not have a final total on Nov. 3rd. We never do, and we won't this year. That's just a silly statement.

You are calling T3 dumb when the

Oct 27, 2020, 8:48 AM

assertion of a coup is absolutely ludicrous. But you just keep doing you with the conspiracy theories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are calling T3 dumb when the

Oct 27, 2020, 8:48 AM

Not T3 Clemchem. They run together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neat.***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to You are calling T3 dumb when the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you really don't see and understand why the Trump

Oct 27, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to You are calling T3 dumb when the ]

team is so desperate to invalidate mail-in ballots, have them all counted by Nov. 3, etc.? There's really not any conspiracy here. If he's successful, it will eliminate potentially millions of Democrat votes. Are you arguing that those votes shouldn't count? If they should, and he successfully invalidates them with the help of Justices he installed...not a coup?

Brother, this is all happening right out in the open. It's not a conspiracy.

Successful at what? Votes will not all be counted on Nov. 3

Oct 27, 2020, 8:56 AM

And there's nothing the President can do about it. It's just Twitter whining.

Right, but...this is the drumbeat. President doesn't

Oct 27, 2020, 9:00 AM

believe any vote should be counted after November 3rd? Then none of his followers believe it, either. Civil discord sown. I'm fairly certain Trump would be fine with the whole country going to civil war so that he could declare a national emergency and retain power indefinitely.

Re: Right, but...this is the drumbeat. President doesn't

Oct 27, 2020, 9:03 AM

I don't think there will be anything more than

Oct 27, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Right, but...this is the drumbeat. President doesn't ]

internet complaining. I think the President is laying groundwork for excuses if he loses, not an uprising.

Re: I don't think there will be anything more than

Oct 27, 2020, 2:07 PM

Prodigal,

I hope that you are right, but there is an awful lot at stake here. And i wouldn't put anything past Trump -

or some of his followers

or the Reupugs

or the Supreme Court

Re: Successful at what? Votes will not all be counted on Nov. 3

Oct 27, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Successful at what? Votes will not all be counted on Nov. 3 ]

The Supreme Court has already gotten involved in multiple disputes over which ballots should be counted and how deadlines are handled.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

So many mail in ballots are thrown out is b/c

Oct 27, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to So, you really don't see and understand why the Trump ]

Triggered Dem voters are too dumb to fill them out correctly. And this was just the primary....

Did I do it right? ??

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/california-tosses-100-000-botched-mailed-ballots-presidential-primary-n1233754

Re: So many mail in ballots are thrown out is b/c

Oct 27, 2020, 2:11 PM

bengaline,

No. You might want to actually read the article.

The California secretary of state’s election data obtained by the AP showed 102,428 mail-in ballots were disqualified in the state’s 58 counties, about 1.5% of the nearly 7 million mail-in ballots returned. That percentage is the highest in a primary since 2014, and the overall number is the highest in a statewide election since 2010.

Two years ago, the national average of rejected mail ballots in the general election was about 1.4% and in the 2016 presidential election year it was 1%, according to a U.S. Election Assistance Commission study.

The most common problem, by far, in California was missing the deadline for the ballot to be mailed and arrive. To count in the election, ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within three days afterward. Statewide, 70,330 ballots missed those marks.

Legit question for you.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to So, you really don't see and understand why the Trump ]

Do you believe and/or is there definitive data showing a higher percent of mail in voters will be Democrats?

If so, why is that? I’ve always heard that the GOP is the party of old people....aren’t they the most likely to request a mail-in ballot?

Long story short, if everything is on the up and up, shouldn’t this be an “oh no, don’t throw me in the briar patch!” Moment for Dems?

If you really want me to go dig for numbers, I suppose I

Oct 27, 2020, 9:16 AM

can, but yes, there is a very significant number of people who requested absentee ballots who normally wouldn't due to coronavirus. Not shocking, right? Now, draw a conclusion along political lines about which party or persuasion believes coronavirus is a dangerous thing that should be avoided, and which one doesn't? That's what this entire discussion has been about, so I'm pretty certain you're just playing dumb, but that's fine.

What keeps you from getting your

Oct 27, 2020, 9:20 AM

ballot in on time? Personal responsibility does play a role, right?

If you are afraid that the mail carrier won’t get it there in time, drop it off at the Clerks office.

When do we start holding ourselves accountable for anything?

Since when have we had to hold the Post Office accountable?

Oct 27, 2020, 9:27 AM

That's a very recent phenomena...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sheesh, is that any way to talk to your alter ego?

Oct 27, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to If you really want me to go dig for numbers, I suppose I ]

I don’t have to “play” dumb, buster, it comes naturally.

An no I’m not one of those “I NEEEEED A LINK SHOWING TRIPLE BLIND VALIDATED NUMBERS” kinda guy.

I’m just saying, there’s a lot to suggest to me, just thinking off the cuff, that this could easily hurt Trump as much as help him. I hear you on the Covid thing, but on the flip side, Dems are always about “turning out the Vote” and making it easier to vote because apparently there are major life challenges for their base to vote every couple years.

I don’t know about SC, but in TN the absentee ballot was a royal PITA......if I was the type of dem voter who would only vote if no ID was required and lines were less than 10 minutes and a community organizer van picked me up and took me home, I’m sure not going through the ballot application process.

Re: Sheesh, is that any way to talk to your alter ego?

Oct 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

https://news.mit.edu/2020/votes-counted-after-election-1015

That's great for past elections, but we've all acknowledged

Oct 27, 2020, 10:47 AM

that this year is quite different.....The GOP has an older voting base, and may be far more likely to request an absentee ballot this year when they prided themselves on voting in person in year's past.

I dunno, I could be way off....just thinking out loud. I'm just not convinced that Trump's not adding another self-inflicted wound by being so wound up about absentee ballots when they could tip his way.

Re: Legit question for you.

Oct 27, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Legit question for you. ]

Obed,

Yes, it seems that Dem are voting by mail in much larger numbers

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/mail-voting-democrats-republicans-turnout.html

Thank you. Legit question part 2

Oct 27, 2020, 2:16 PM

Why do you think that is? I honestly don't know....I know Trump's not a fan but I still believe the lion's share of GOP voters don't hang on every word he says, so I discount that as a reason for mail avoidance.

Re: Thank you. Legit question part 2

Oct 28, 2020, 12:09 AM

Obed,

Is it not possible that Dems, as a group, take the Covid virus and its safety precautions more seriously than do reps, as a group. Therefore they are more motivated to vote early and by mail ?

Prediction.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to You are calling T3 dumb when the ]

After Nov. 3, you'll be one of the people on here declaring fraud and wanting the election results overturned.

I second that prediction.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:56 AM

Please mark these posts.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 8:50 AM

19B is a russian collusion hoaxer that shouldn’t be taken seriously.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will I have to wait 3 yrs for the imminent indictments?

Oct 22, 2024, 11:49 AM

Real talk,

Now that the Russian collusion thing has been considered legit (last election) I’ve heard Biden use it a couple of the times I’ve been paying attention. I don’t think it’s ONLY him, but in defense of his son he’s used the term Russian disinformation campaign

I fear that the long term damage has been done by mother Russia and any campaign actions a party doesn’t like will default to the Russians. When that gets old it will be China and whomever else

Re: Will I have to wait 3 yrs for the imminent indictments?

Oct 27, 2020, 9:03 AM

Democrats have always done this.

They tried to smear John McCain as a Russian asset. They tried to smear trump with it.

Basically any time a Democrat brings up Russia you should know they are just covering for their own wrongdoings.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will I have to wait 3 yrs for the imminent indictments?

Oct 27, 2020, 2:15 PM

I gues that includes the entire intelligence community as well.

With JB, it's bribes...With T-Rump, it's investments... Dirt***

Oct 27, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Will I have to wait 3 yrs for the imminent indictments? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fluff, in Europe and America, there’s a growing

Oct 27, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Will I have to wait 3 yrs for the imminent indictments? ]

Feeling of hysteria.

I hope the Russians love their children too.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:29 AM

NYT Daily podcase episode this morning was outstanding. They reviewed the 2000 election the exact sequence of steps that led to the Supreme Court's 5-4 vote that Gore's lawyers could not compel the Broward county recount. I was too young at the time to remember many of the details stuff. They talked about the sequence of suits, counties selected for recounts, pregnant chads, the "Brooks Brothers Riot," and Roger Stone's involvement.

The context of remembering the 2000 election were the lessons learned by both sides. For the Democrats, it was suggested that Gore conceding on election night initially set their subsequent challenge to be viewed as "Sore-Loserman." Republicans learned the power of allegations of voter fraud, which have persisted to this day, as an effective means of disenfranchising legitimate votes. They also learned the power of installing judges.

The Trump administration has filed suits in at least 7 states to challenge the legitimacy of mail-in votes or when and how they can be counted. The rhetoric about mail in ballot fraud has been out there for months. Ultimately, this is going to come down to Pennsylvania. If Biden does not win Florida or Arizona, it looks like the election will come down to one state that will count ballots received up to three days after election day. Legal decisions will ultimately go to the SC, where the 6-3 majority will rule in Trump's favor to throw out votes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, see, it's just a conspiracy.***

Oct 27, 2020, 9:49 AM

Oct 27, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Laying the groundwork for the coup ]

I avidly followed the Gore/Bush debacle and I would encourage anyone to review the NYT podcast. Everything that you say is imminently possible in the coming weeks.

Here's hoping that Biden wins by a large enough margin to make such machinations moot.

Trump will change that tune real fast if the weather doesn't

Oct 27, 2020, 9:44 AM

cooperate on election day in key swing states, considering how he's pushed his base to wait to vote. Look for national emergencies to be declared and whining about extending the actual election date back to accommodate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump will change that tune real fast if the weather doesn't

Oct 27, 2020, 2:20 PM

I had not thought of that. Perhaps I should be praying for bad weather in the swing states.

I don't agree that the ACB has anything to do with this...

Oct 27, 2020, 10:10 AM

but demanding a final result on Nov 3 is definitely setting the stage for riling up the people that blindly follow what he says.

We REALLY need Biden to win FL and PA and have them called for him on Tuesday so we can put this election to bed early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't agree that the ACB has anything to do with this...

Oct 27, 2020, 2:21 PM

Flo,

That would be excellent, but I cannot see it happening.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic