Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elliott says three freshmen standing out, says Kendrick has "a different gear"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Elliott says three freshmen standing out, says Kendrick has "a different gear"

Mar 23, 2018, 7:01 AM

Elliott says three freshmen standing out, says Kendrick has "a different gear"

Co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott has seven straight 10-win seasons after becoming a full-time assistant coach. Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the country in 2015 and won the 2017 Broyles Award as the nation’s top assistant coach. Listed as a top-10 recruiter by Rivals.com, Elliott has helped produce some of Clemson’s finest athletes. What does he say about three of Clemson's highly-touted freshmen? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elliott says three freshmen standing out, says Kendrick has "a different gear"

Mar 23, 2018, 7:21 AM

Bryant’s days as a starter are dwindling. You coaches are even seeing the truth.

Re: New Story: Elliott says three freshmen standing out, says Kendrick has "a different gear"

Mar 23, 2018, 9:15 AM

With our HC making statements about us looking to make another NC run this season, that tells me that KB will be put on a very short leash at the beginning and through out the season bc we now for sure have at least one and maybe more than one QB that can step in and start for any team in the country including Clemson. I believe that KB will start off our season as the #1 QB, but he will have a leash connected to Dabo's hip ready to pull KB back at an instant if he isn't moving the ball down field well enough to give us a safe lead during the games that he is the QB. That is what I see happening from day one of the start of the season bc, this season will be one of our best chances to win another NC, way better than we were in last season!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 9:56 AM

I think we have 4 QBs that could start for most teams, we have 3 and maybe 4 that can get us to the playoff. I am interested to see if our corners can stay healthy. We have little depth at corner.

Shouldn't that say Lawrence, "never explodes"?*****

Mar 23, 2018, 7:47 AM

That's only the start of the poor writing in this article.

Mar 23, 2018, 9:30 AM

C'mon, Hood. Coach 'em up!

Mar 23, 2018, 8:21 AM

Good comments on all 3 new Tigers. Well see in about 3 weeks how they can play at the O&W game. Will be telling I'm thinking seeing as how the O will have a limited play set. I wonder how Jackman is handling some oh our DTs. Want to see also how Derion's hands are. Sure catch or some dropped passes. Exciting time for our Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kendrick has velcro hands. Not to worry.***

Mar 23, 2018, 12:08 PM

Spot the ball!!!!***

Mar 23, 2018, 8:28 AM

Lawrence sounds a lot like Watson (obviously)

Mar 23, 2018, 8:33 AM

I know at this point the comparison may not be fair to Lawrence considering how spoiled we were to have Watson. I’ve said many times that TL’s HS film looked better than DW’s which really doesn’t mean much but it’s encouraging. I feel like the talent is there but one question I had is whether or not he had the ability to remain cool. So far he does! Like DW he appears to be deceptively fast. He’s a gunslinger but we knew that. Now my only question is can he make the presnap reads and make the decisions that DW4 made when commanding the O? He’s going to be a good one for sure but Watson’s mental game really separates him from a lot of great QBs. My gut says that TL will end up checking all the boxes and will be right there with DW4 as the GOAT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lawrence sounds a lot like Watson (obviously)

Mar 23, 2018, 8:48 AM

Well said! +1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lawrence sounds a lot like Watson (obviously)

Mar 23, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Lawrence sounds a lot like Watson (obviously) ]

Absolutely!!! I've said what Elliot has mentioned about TL's ability to run. Looking at his HS film, I clearly saw and said here that for a guy 6'6", he could get away and get down the field really quick, and that he didn't have that awkward looking gait that really tall guys usually have when running. I also said that he could move his legs like a runner without looking clumsy like most 6'6" do when running. TL has better than average form when he is making yards with his legs on the run, and I said that I thought that he looked to be faster than DW4 without the two having a foot race or putting them on a 40 yard timer. After watching DW4 for two full seasons, it's hard to imagine anybody being better at that stage in their career, but right now I am thinking that it's possible that TL could end up being just as good or hopefully a Tad bit better than DW4 was at this time in his career at Clemson. I'm surely hoping that he can be, but just as good is enough for me. But just think about how exciting it would be for us DW4 fans to watch someone just as good, that would be awesome. When looking at TL's height advantage that he has over DW4, it could be the advantage that TL has that could be the difference maker of him becoming better than DW4. TL's height advantage will make it much easier for him to find a receiver in the pocket or just standing up behind our offensive line. And it will make it easier for TL to see the changes being made by the D right before the snap of the ball. I hope that I'm right by hoping and thinking that TL could be the best QB ever behind center at Clemson. And selfish me will hope that our QB after TL moves on, will be better than him and DW4!!!

Goooo Trevor Lawrence, Gooo Tiger football bc before we can be the best, we must beat the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said! I agree.***

Mar 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

I have only seen film of Fran Tarkenton, but...

Mar 26, 2018, 6:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence sounds a lot like Watson (obviously) ]

to me TL looks like a Fran Tarkenton and Peyton Manning hybrid.

Fran Tarkento was kind of short

Mar 26, 2018, 7:08 AM

Even for back then.

I think 6’ is a stretch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but he could scrample and in a certain way.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:01 AM

TL can scramble like Tarkenton and throw like Manning. I am not talking height comparisons. How they play is what I was thinking.

Mar 23, 2018, 9:00 AM

Hearing a ton of positive reviews on this kid....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 26, 2018, 6:00 AM

Being 6’6” , strong and agile brings a lot to the table. Always new he could throw but his running is opening eyes! Just hope he can take the hits that come with running. I’m sure given time he will get a little thicker...

Mar 23, 2018, 11:03 AM

I watched Kendrick in a couple of high school all star games. He is a playmaker.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic