Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest on the Straddling Fence Escapades?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 382

Latest on the Straddling Fence Escapades?

Sep 16, 2019, 3:20 PM

Ineligible user ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm prepping to move.

Sep 17, 2019, 9:30 AM

The owner of the next door house had someone move the property line fence out about 10" to the property line. I'm going to get a survey done before I put the house up for sale because I'm pretty sure, according to the builders plat, their survey was wrong and I think they are now about 1.5" over on my property line. If that turns out true, they are going to have to move the fence again.

I ended up moving my shed to my neighbor friends house down the street on a loan-to-own deal. His shed got crushed by a tree in the hurricane and he needs a place to put some crap. If he ends up keeping it, I'll just sell it to him. The shed looked like crap in my driveway anyway, and there is an ordinance in Mt P something about requiring a place to park 2 cars in my driveway without blocking the sidewalk. Funny thing is my truck and my wife's 4 runner are so big that they still block the sidewalk, and I'm NOT selling or giving them away. I've gotta draw the line at getting rid of stuff to please other people, so I'm just selling the house sooner rather than later.

This whole thing has been a massive aggravation and PIA, and I won't add up (it will be too depressing) how much its already cost me. I have two bicycles, a generator and a leaf blower on my front porch because I have nowhere else to put them. 1/3rd of everything else I own is in a pod. And I'm just about done with Mt P and the people (read Ohioans and New Yorkers) and traffic here, so I when I sell this place, I may not even buy something else. I may just rent for a while or even move back to the Clemson area. Looking back on it, I really wish I would have just stayed in Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember how much your wife hated it back up here?

Sep 17, 2019, 9:47 AM

I just think you should set your sights some place else. Or maybe you could live in my shed while working through the divorce.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you never know***

Sep 17, 2019, 10:31 AM

You can always come up this way and live on Lake Wylie.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I'm prepping to move. ]

So I have somebody to drink with at the Thirsty Beaver on Sundays.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there are ZERO Yankees up here

Sep 17, 2019, 11:36 AM

jklol

South Carolina, lol.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the key to keeping yankees out is to maintain lot

Sep 17, 2019, 11:44 AM

sizes above 1 acre, and to have zero tolerance to any increased taxes/fees...Whether you're talking about HOA fees or property taxes, keep them low and it'll drive them nuts. They also seem to desire living on top of each other, they simply cannot resist those cookie cutter communities with strict HOA's and 1/4 acre lots. They're like bee hives for yankees, destroy their habitat and you destroy their presence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What we probably actually need here is a far more active

Sep 17, 2019, 12:25 PM

gang of roving hillbilly murder-rapists. There are just far too few currently working the area to scare off Yankee interlopers like back in the good old days.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm prepping to move.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I'm prepping to move. ]

You are going to wait until the new neighbors move in, right? If I recall correctly your current neighbor was selling but you liked them, the buyer just asked for all of this.

Correct.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:31 AM

My old neighbors (who are great friends with) were renting, and they bought a house a few miles away. The owner they were renting from was a nice guy, and didn't want to deal with any of that stuff. He just wanted to sell the house. The new person moving in demanded all of this. I asked them, through their realtor, what if I got a legal document drawn up that said I wouldn't try to take their land in some lame adverse possession thing, and they refused. Then I asked if they would sell the unusable land--all 60 or so sq. feet (total), they flatly refused. I would have probably given them $10-15K for that little amount of land, as its going to cost me a lot more than that by the time this is all over. Even the owner tried to lower the house price to not have to deal with any of it, and they even refused that.

I'm really hoping when i get the survey done, their fence is 2" on my side of the property line.

I'm really not going to be surprised if the deal ends up

Sep 17, 2019, 10:34 AM

falling through due to some ridiculous demand the buyers have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the dude doesn't have any balls

Sep 17, 2019, 10:36 AM

wife of wants the house, he doesn't (probably can't afford it) so instead of telling her no, he makes all of these crazy demands in hopes the owner refuses and he can back out of the deal.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I'm guessing millennial hipster types who are trying to

Sep 17, 2019, 10:53 AM

buy way more house than they can afford in an attempt to keep up appearances. Those types seem to be the most demanding.

Word is its a rich sugar daddy setting up his side

Sep 17, 2019, 11:18 AM

piece somewhere to live. She won't ever be happy about anything.

She didn't want our houses connected by a fence because she said it made her house "look like a town house, and they weren't buying a town house" .

Sorry chica..your house looks like a town, house because it looks like a town house, with or without a fence.

Nice, those domestic disputes will probably be epic***

Sep 17, 2019, 11:23 AM

I'll be keeping the cops on speed dial.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:27 AM

And unless I get out of here soon, one way or the other I have a feeling I'll be talking to the MPPD a lot more than usual.

Well, if you see her getting her ### beat just sit back and

Sep 17, 2019, 11:34 AM

enjoy the entertainment. Who knows, maybe the sugar daddy will be a nice guy and the next side piece he gets is less demanding.

Are you fugging kidding me?

Sep 17, 2019, 11:57 AM

Get video of sugar daddy nailing side piece. Send it to sugar daddy's wife. No need to move now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I thought maybe this was going to be something for mehtiger

Sep 17, 2019, 9:41 AM

and some broad straddling a fence or something else.

Straddling the fence takes my mind here

Sep 17, 2019, 10:01 AM

mehtiger

Sep 17, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I thought maybe this was going to be something for mehtiger ]

Replies: 20
| visibility 382
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic