Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest dem attempt at a money grab. Having public money
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 559

Latest dem attempt at a money grab. Having public money

Mar 8, 2019, 2:00 PM

fund their campaigns...No way I would support my tax dollars supporting a candidate I would not vote for. At least it's DOA upon arrival to the Senate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-approves-sweeping-dem-election-reform-bill-amid-first-amendment-concerns

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Latest dem attempt at a money grab. Having public money

Mar 8, 2019, 2:44 PM

What is being portrayed by right wing media as a "power grab" is more an effort to stop the unlimited contributions by Unions and Corporations.

Money is corrupting our Democracy, whether the money goes to support Dems or Reps...it's equally damaging.

We, as a population, seem more obsessed with political personalities than we are about legislation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 2:56 PM

you forget Felix, Money is speech per the supreme court and any limits on it in our campaign spending are unconstitutional..

see Buckley v. Valeo

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

You are right, but most of believe that Citizen's United should be addressed again by SCOTUS.

I think the argument can be made that Corp's and Unions shouldn't have constitutional rights per se.

My argument would limit campaign contributions and participation to human beings and citizens.

Mar 8, 2019, 6:53 PM

but corporations are people too, and it is unconstitutional to limit their free speech. You do not have to like it, but those are the rules.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest dem attempt at a money grab. Having public money ]

I would be more inclined to fund election with Federal monies and only Federal monies. Leave out the Corporations, Unions,PAC's and citizen donation too. Also would be all for limiting the timeframe of campaigns to boot. Playing field would then be level.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 8:31 PM

I agree with that. But you better run that by your friends on the right. They are way against publicly funded campaigns.

My beef with this is I don't want my tax $$$ funding a

Mar 8, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest dem attempt at a money grab. Having public money ]

campaign for someone with whom I don't agree. You want to give your money to a candidate, all the power to you.

PERIODENDOFFUCKINGSTORY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: My beef with this is I don't want my tax $$$ funding a

Mar 10, 2019, 6:10 PM

So you prefer funding candidates with unknown unlimited amounts of money from secret anonymous people, organizations, corporations, and foreign governments?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 559
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic