Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last thing and you can take it fwiw...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 2,910

Last thing and you can take it fwiw...

Jun 13, 2012, 11:36 PM

Wilkins nor the Big XII are lying. There will be nothing to report or speak on until Bowlsby takes over.

Neinas is all about protecting his reputation.

Any talks, offers, reaching out, etc... will come under Bowlsby as far as the media and the public are concerned.

Nothing from the Big XII for FSU or CU is correct.

Why would it be acknowledged with Neinas in office? Why wouldn't it wait until Bowlsby?

Let it play out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Last thing and you can take it fwiw...

Jun 13, 2012, 11:38 PM

But if thats true (which I hope it is) why even speak bot or dabo.

why not speak?

Jun 13, 2012, 11:40 PM

Lots of stuff flying around and the ACC is listening. Also, Big XII wants it to be "Bowlsby's"...

Once he's in, Big XII can reach out and it's from a new leader.

Wilkins said NOTHING to refute his earlier statements.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Jun 13, 2012, 11:39 PM

Doesn't he take over in 2 days?

Yes... but Neinas is staying on for a couple of weeks

Jun 13, 2012, 11:41 PM

I believe to make the transition smooth.

Bowlsby also working on Olympic Committee.

Re: why not speak?

Jun 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

I can dig that but dabo speaking out is the head scratcher dont ya think? I can understand when the new commish comes in its kinda "new ball game"

I can't get a straight answer on Dabo...

Jun 13, 2012, 11:43 PM

I think he's against it, but knows it's a necessity.

I have a theory

Jun 14, 2012, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: why not speak? ]

that they could be keeping Dabo in the dark on purpose so that he doesn't have to lie to recruits.

He also may know everything and be telling the truth, I just don't know anymore.

Dabo got clearance to make a strong statement for the

Jun 14, 2012, 11:12 AM

sake of recruiting. His statement also included the assertion that these decisions are not his to make and if we joined the "Japan league" then he'd get his team ready to play in Japan. He didn't really say anything, but he said it LOUD AND CLEAR. It was all for the sake of the recruits' ears, but he acknowledged the obvious. If a move happens, he'll make the most of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

He hired Morris and Venables... and ex Texas HS coach and

Jun 14, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to I have a theory ]

OU's DC. Maybe he saw this coming a while ago. Maybe not. who knows.

All I know is that SO MUCH is in place for this move to happen that it's just too coincidental.

I could see the Venables move being calculated

Jun 14, 2012, 11:23 AM

He said in the coaching search he wanted someone who could stop the spread/big12-style offenses. I thought it was strange at the time because so few ACC teams run the spread.

I know some people have played that angle, but

Jun 14, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to He hired Morris and Venables... and ex Texas HS coach and ]

Morris was hired before any moves were made in the Big 12. I seriously doubt Clemson was apart of any talks to move there when A&M and Mizzou were still apart of the league. Not to mention the fact that our offense was awful at the time and Morris had a connection and ran the same offense that had just won a national championship.

As for Venables, he has long been considered a great DC, but a situation was developing where he was losing some control and sharing duties and I think the time was right for him to want to make a move and we took advantage of that.

I think the coincidence is more that Big 12 talk happened after those moves were made. I personally seriously doubt either move had anything to do with Clemson switching leagues.

But if we do make the move, these good hires could become

Jun 14, 2012, 11:46 AM

great hires.

There are a lot of things falling in to place to make this move seem more likely.

Re: Yes... but Neinas is staying on for a couple of weeks

Jun 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

Gotcha. I've believed nothing Neinas has had to say. No sense since he's out the door.

absolutely***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:44 PM

I understand that nothing has "officially" been discussed

Jun 14, 2012, 12:23 AM

as you put it "as far as the media and the public are concerned", but I would assume that there have been discussions that Wilkins is aware of all the same, official or not, and I would assume that if you are aware that something is in the works or is indeed going to happen, that Wilkins is as well. So, while I understand the legal necessity of keeping it quiet and confidential, Wilkins is very carefully and consciously being misleading and less than truthful when he says "no discussions", is he not? Or is he not aware of the things you are aware of?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 14, 2012, 7:35 AM

if we go I'll pull for us and if we stay I will also. while I'm intrigued by the move I've seen a number of negatives too. I would think we want learn what the new system is before making a move anyway.

thanks for continuing to report on this. not sure why you should catch so much flak for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Mizzu's and A&M's coaches and BOT say no to the SEC

Jun 14, 2012, 8:29 AM

last year and then end up there anyway? They can say whatever they want but when the offer comes, if it's in the best interest of the school then I except Clemson to go. I trust their earlier comments more then these, which feel like a knee jerk reaction or damage control more or less. I do believe that Dabo doesn't want to go but I also take from his comments that in the event it does happen that he'll do his best to have Clemson compete at the highest level. He repeatedly said that if he has to play somewhere else then he will and will be successful. Why make those comments at all unless there was a possibility that it could happen

In a radio interview last August-

Jun 14, 2012, 9:10 AM

"Missouri has said they are not interested in, have not been approached, and will not go [to the sec]"

- Tech President Guy Bailey in a local radio interview

My wife says thank you...

Jun 14, 2012, 8:31 AM

I will put he "FireFly" down now and sober up some.

Jun 14, 2012, 8:53 AM

Look. I think your prolly a good guy. But as I said in a thread I started about 2 weeks ago. Were not going to the big 12. It's not happening.

All of this is complete non sense. We, us, you....who the heck ever can't say we have a inside source. Why? Because anyone that would be truly connected wouldn't be on a dammnn message board spilling the beans.

Ill bet you we dont leave and ill take your bet about not posting for a year or whatever.

Jun 14, 2012, 9:02 AM

"Why? Because anyone that would be truly connected wouldn't be on a dammnn message board spilling the beans."

I wish I could be as naive as you with that comment.

There are leaks all the time by people in much more important positions with very high ranking contacts. Hell, look at the latest security leaks from our own government lately. It doesn't matter what the medium is, whether it is newspaper, message board, or TV. People get info and want to spread it to those who they feel it would benefit. I think this talk about the Big XII is better utilized through a Clemson message board. Its easier to get the information you think is more important to those interested in this case via this message board. Just my opinion though.

Jun 14, 2012, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Last thing and you can take it fwiw... ]

The news from the BOT meeting that they had Dabo and Brownell on a conference call makes me think all this Big 12 talk is totally out of the blue and the BOT has been caught off guard by it all.

If we are to believe the BOT and Prez would be as far along in making the move as has been rumored then the coaches conference call with the BOT must have just been for show, otherwise why would the BOT care what the coaches think. I think the guys on the BOT are honestly seeking answers to these Big 12 rumors and they had the coaches on conference call to get their thoughts on the matter. I think this is far from a "done deal" but certainly something that is being investigated by the people making decisions.

Re: Last thing

Jun 14, 2012, 8:59 AM

Does anyone believe that this is really YT's last thing?

Of course if I were him , I'd keep it up.While there was virtually no chance whatsoever of a move this summer before the August 15 deadline, after this season is over and moving on to next year , odds are the landscape is gonna change completely from what it is now.

~ 0% ~ , as it has been all along ...***

Jun 14, 2012, 9:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Hopefully, that's tongue in cheek.***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a theory that we are staying in the ACC .....

Jun 14, 2012, 11:14 AM

trivia: No Team In World History Has EVER downgraded to a Conference with a lower Academic Reputation.... so they say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sakerlina. ACC> independent> SEC***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:18 AM

Well, so much for ...

Jun 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

"No Team In World History Has EVER downgraded to a Conference with a lower Academic Reputation"......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically, they didn't. By going independent they

Jun 14, 2012, 11:26 AM

opted for "no conference," not a conference with a lower academic standard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet here they are, in a conference with lower academic

Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 AM

standards than the ACC.

True, but there was, what? 22 years between leaving the ACC

Jun 14, 2012, 11:52 AM

and arriving in the $EC? Doesn't discredit the historical reference, IMO.

One could argue that going independent is a step

Jun 14, 2012, 12:09 PM

down from the ACC academically. Besides ND, who were the other independents of that time? Southern Miss? ECU? I'm not sure but...

FSU was one***

Jun 14, 2012, 12:10 PM

Did FSU make a postive move in Academics by joining the ACC?

Jun 14, 2012, 12:32 PM

If so...

Who can blame FlaSt, Clemson or any of the ACC football

Jun 14, 2012, 12:38 PM

schools (and there aren't many) for keeping their conference affiliation options open after unc has completely undermined the academic reputation of the ACC and embarrassed the other members with this ongoing criminal investigation into academic fraud???

gawd, I loved typing that!!! lololololol!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ask every unc person I see/meet if they were involved in

Jun 14, 2012, 12:49 PM

the cheating scandal. when they try to deflect and/or say that was limited to football/athletes, I say, "no. i read where it included the general student population and quite frankly, if you cheated then, how can I believe what you're saying right now."

I've gotten some heated responses and my reply is always, "hey, y'all are the cheaters, not me. don't get all upset."

lol.

Next time you're in a crowd of unc folks, be sure to tell

Jun 14, 2012, 12:52 PM

them this old joke..........

"you have to keep your car windows rolled up when driving thru chapelhill or someone will throw a diploma in....."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 2,910
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic