Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last post ... Answering some questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Last post ... Answering some questions

Sep 11, 2017, 5:25 PM

Read all your post in my last thread.
Instead of replying to many. Thought I'd give my last thoughts here.

The Smokin Pig - My brother had the brisket ... so
I DID try it ... & it was awesome! If I come back
(Hopefully, Not anytime soon ;) I'd get the brisket!

Me being Wrong & Right -
I was WRONG about our OL. I knew y'all had the #1 rated DL (per Phil Steele) , but it exceeded my expectations. Our OL has lots of Talent. I feel dumb thinking that our LT (in his first start & having only played 1 year of HS football) would dominate.
We really have to figure out/move some guys around on the OL to avoid a 3 or 4 loss season.

I was RIGHT about our Defense. Another incredible outing for them against a playoff team.
We'll be a Top 10 D for the 2nd year in a row.

Y'all were WRONG about Steele. He's earned the respect.

To me the game came down to two things:
Your coaches adjusted at halftime ... with quick throws due to our DL dominating.
Our coaches did nothing to counter your DL's domination of our offense.

Fun fact ... one of the friends with me coached with our OC, Chip Lindsey, in the past. He told me, this is not Chip's offense. This is Gus' offense with about 5-6 more passing plays. I was livid ... & Im off the GusBus now.

We didn't even try to change people around. Our best recruit this signing class was a 5 * OT ... I think I would've given him a shot. I don't know.
I do know we have 2 weeks to figure it out ... & we won't see a DLine like yalls till Bama. So we should improve. I think one Stidham has more than 3.5 seconds to throw the ball ... we'll see him do great things.

Lastly, I was asked about the Stadium.

I'm going to be honest. It was loud ... it was an "SEC stadium" ... but I've been to a handful of others that were louder.

I'd imagine AU would pull the most out of a crowd ... but I could see if Bama or ND or USC came, it could possibly get louder.

Loudest Stadiums I've been in:
1. LSU anytime
2. Auburn (kick 6)
3. aTm (2013) 100k+
4. Tenn 2004 100k +
5. Bama 2008 ended our 6 game win streak
6. The Swamp (UF) - 2007

Those are specific games that were HUGE games at the time, that could help with the noise.

There are other VERY loud games/stadiums that I've been in ... & Clemson is just as loud as those.
I'd say it was definitely one of the Top 10 loudest I've been in. Good Atmosphere... I liked the phone light thing ... that was pretty cool.

Good luck to y'all the rest of the way ... I'd expect this next game is a big one. I'd expect y'all to be in the CFP. I don't think you realize how good of a team we are yet. If we beat LSU in week 5 or 6, we'll get Playoff hype .... I'm not big on UGA (ND sucks) ... for me it's LSU & Bama.
We're looking at 9-3 or 10-2 imo. Just got to figure out our OL. We have bodies, just got to figure out top 5.

I was praying we'd kick it in the 4th (54 yds ... no biggie for outer kicker) ... I lost $1000 because of one point! Got in on CU -7.5

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck to you and yours auburnfan

Sep 11, 2017, 5:32 PM

Beat 'Bama and everyone else.

I can see why you are high on your WR corp. I saw some big boys out there lined up against our CBs. Hopefully they continue to develop for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last post ... Answering some questions

Sep 11, 2017, 5:34 PM

Good luck the rest of the way. I believe y'all have a good team. I hope you learned that recruit rankings are not everything. Player evaluation and development by the coaching staff is more important. Hopefully you're a believer in Clemson's rise to be an elite program. It wasn't just one player. It's a culture and a program that Dabo and Co. have built. We are very fortunate to have him. Good luck the rest of the way. Enjoyed a little smack talk with you. Take care bro.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 5:40 PM

I don't think I was complimentary enough of Auburn. They are a great group of athletes and who knows if you guys run the table from here on out all of your goals can still be met. The talent is definitely there and they can improve over the course of the season. This can be especially true with an OL gelling together throughout the season.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

Sep 11, 2017, 5:36 PM

It was a great hard fought game, out D even exceeded my expectations! You seem like a great fan like many from Auburn I met last Saturday. I hope to one day visit your campus as well.

Sep 11, 2017, 7:51 PM

My wife and I went to "The Plaines" last year, and everyone was super nice, and I don't recall one fan that was obnoxious or overly ridiculous. Good luck the rest of the way and Go Tigers!

whats your honest opinion of Malzahn's future

on the Plains??

Its not been real pleasant for him the last couple of years, and I can only imagine what the media and disgruntled fans are saying this week

Good luck the rest of the season! How'bout Y'ALL beatin' Bama this year!!....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, yet, it was loud enough to disrupt

your offense per Gus!

I've enjoyed the home and home series with Auburn. Good luck with the remainder of your season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx & Good Bye AUBIE FAN!

Sep 11, 2017, 6:29 PM

you helped make a boring bored a great bit livelier and your bias & genuine support 4 your fine school & FB Team was no worse than us or others.

Good luck..great Dline play..fantastic looking & sounding band that even my #1 GF noticed & liked..super fans..beautiful campus that i toured month ago..

and..Go WAR EAGLES!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would agree it was not very loud Saturday night

Sep 11, 2017, 6:43 PM

We could have done better, the ND game in the rain was nuts. The 2003??? Miami game I think was the loudest I have ever been to.

Fortunately normally 3rd downs and red zones are the loudest, but you guys didn't get too many of either of those.

Great game though!

That Miami game literally shut my ears down - just stopped

Sep 11, 2017, 8:02 PM

working - had to watch the game with fingers in my ears the rest of the night - painful.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would agree it was not very loud Saturday night

Sep 11, 2017, 9:12 PM [ in reply to I would agree it was not very loud Saturday night ]

I can't imagine anything louder than that Miami game but according to this website we hold the record for #2, even louder than the fake Death Valley @auburnfan
http://www.stack.com/a/loudest-college-football-stadiums

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:53 PM

It has been said Steele has changed his approach, since leaving Clemson. That he has made things more simple. When he was here guys had so much responsibilities they were not allowed to attack fully and often were back on their heels, which was bad for us in space. That did not look like the case this past Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 7:02 PM

Respect to Auburn. Y'all have plenty of talent but I am in the camp that believes Gus isn't getting the most out of his players. Y'all would be dangerous with better offensive coaching.

A quick comment on the stadium, I don't really know why but the noise level IMO was below average for a big night game. I was mid-lower deck and noticed it early on. Again, I don't know why but the crowd tended to stay at about an 7-8 on a scale of 1-10. It was not the best Death Valey has to offer but a decent atmosphere. ND 2015, Louisville 2016, UGA 2013, Miami 2003, pretty much any FSU game...even Auburn in 2011...all were much much louder and rowdier. Just my 2 cents.

Sep 11, 2017, 7:08 PM

So are you familiar with the Joe Frazier tailgate? We partied right to them. Holy shi!. Had a blast.Those guys were awesome and definitely know their pull behind smoker...ribs, chicken, ribeyes, and sausage. They mentioned that they are used to 200-300 people at their tailgates in Auburn.

haha

Sep 11, 2017, 7:12 PM

auburnfan has Stockholm Syndrome.

good times

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 7:16 PM

That wasn't nearly as loud as it has been at times.... I'd say that game wasn't in the top 5 loudest games that I've attended at Death Valley.

Good luck this season!

Sep 11, 2017, 7:20 PM

Playing Auburn is an awesome addition to anyone's schedule. This was a great litmus test for both teams. Auburn impressed me. The fans are great, the environment was rocking and the mutual respect is exemplary.

I'm hoping Auburn can really go on a run in the SEC. I think the pieces are there and Gus is good enough to make it happen. I think all Tigers can agree on wanting you to beat Bama.

Good luck the rest of the season.***

Sep 11, 2017, 7:24 PM

good luck with your season. I have no issue with Auburn. I

Sep 11, 2017, 7:25 PM

deal with Auburn engineering grads routinely in my work and they are level headed and knowledgeable football fans. I do take issue with almost all the other SEC chanters, however.

The stadium was somewhat subdued, I think partially because of your dominant 1st quarter and partially because of the unknown potential of our offense. We were louder for Notre Dame, SCar and FSU.

I was in the Plains last year for that game and I do wish we would beef up the displays, maybe not to the size of the Auburn board but we can do better.

I don't care for Steele because I was at that debacle in Miami and they could have left him on the tarmac after that game.

But, we upgraded and moved on. God Speed.

My 2 cents about our D-line play

Sep 11, 2017, 7:27 PM

Bama's D-line is not as good as ours, Auburn won't see a D-line play that good in the foreseeable future.

"We'll be a Top 10 D for the 2nd year in a row."

Sep 11, 2017, 7:36 PM

I hope you're right! We had to fight for every inch on offense!

Thanks for stopping back after the game.

null

It was an $EC stadium !?!?!?

Sep 11, 2017, 7:57 PM

You coattail riding buffoons need to get this through your thick heads.

It was a Clemson stadium PERIOD !!!

The fact that it wasn't louder, at least by your standards, says more about the opponent than the environment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Finally someone else not buying OP's crap

Sep 11, 2017, 9:03 PM

We get loud when we need to. I was holding out for <100 yards total, but oh well. Close enough

glad you made it to smokin pig

Sep 11, 2017, 8:07 PM

hope you got some banana puddin

Can't compare loudness unless it's

Sep 11, 2017, 8:11 PM

apples to apples games. Bigger game and stakes, louder it is, and you have to be there for that game to know. Ex: last year against Louisville pretty much entire game you wished you were standing next to a jet engine for relief. Stadium shook. Louisville also paid a heavy price, false starts I think 5 or six times.

We were OK loud yesterday, but I've seen us louder. Last year ND another one, in the monsoon, and that with heavy rain absorbing the sound.

You are betting thousands of dollars on these spreads? Wow - definitely not my kind of money management, but I don't make that much.

Auburn seems to start off sluggish with their offense. Same thing happened last year, with the three quarterback thing. I think if Malz can keep them positive, they can do some real damage this season and get to 10-2, and I hope you guys take Bama. We all do.

where you sit in Death Valley makes a huge difference

Sep 11, 2017, 8:51 PM

If you are in upper deck visitors side, you might as well watch game from the moon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quality post - AU did us big favors - exposed any weakness -

Sep 11, 2017, 8:21 PM

your D is definitely legit -
our O-line need work on the right -
Pettway still gonna go for 1k
speaking of 1K - really? skrong bet for week 2

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, a retort to your "loudest stadium" statement.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:46 PM

The only sound that matters is the sound down on the field. So unless you were down on the field during the game you have no idea of the acoustics and how loud Death Valley gets. You have to remember that Memorial Stadium is literally built inside of a valley on the side of a mountain. Perceived sound up in the upper decks is WAY different than what is heard down at the bottom of that valley, I promise you. Many former college players have all said Death Valley was the loudest stadium they've ever played in.

evidence.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:11 PM

http://www.stack.com/a/loudest-college-football-stadiums

ironic, funneling $ thru a church to cheat

Sep 11, 2017, 8:55 PM

that tainted trophy must seem like ages ago

Sep 11, 2017, 9:18 PM

Tell your coach it was not loud. Gus said yall kicked a GF because your OL could not hear QB call signals. So in the 1st quarter instead of going for it on 4th down you kicked a FG.

Good deal. Some comments:

Sep 11, 2017, 10:30 PM

Try to be less of an ### next time.

Some folks here realize Steele is pretty good. Not nearly as good as Venables though.

Clemson Loud...

Sep 11, 2017, 11:17 PM

;)

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic