Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay okay okay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,364

Okay okay okay

Nov 12, 2017, 11:55 PM

Here's the deal. Clemson fans will always always always have super mixed feelings towards our team whether we win or lose, and that's OKAY!! On one hand, we've got fans that want to win "cleaner" because we fear that we'll get blown out paying a good team if we don't fix our glaring issues. On the other hand, we've got fans that want us to be thankful that we've gotten this far and we should just be happy we're winning and doing better than most of us predicted months ago.

I'm right in the middle of those two influences. I thought we'd be starting Hunter by now as a two or three loss team. I remember thinking, "Playing at Louisville is too rough and Auburns got some stud qb that could run right through us. Besides, FSU's probably going all the way anyways." My goal for us (which I still thought was quite a challenge) was to have 10 wins this season. And here we are, one win away from clenching that acheivement with plenty of football left to be played. This team has soared past my expectations for the season and I'm very excited for what's to come. I can't tell you how good it feels to be a solid and DEEP program while so many others struggle to find identity.

Although I have definitely sipped my fair share of the orange koolaid, its natural to want to provide constructive criticism about our team. I just know these are the glory days of clemson football, and if I could choose, I would never want them to end. I think this will continue for a long time, but I, like many others, would like to see us reach our full potential these next few weeks.

No matter where you stand, stand together. Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: TheGuru®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who wants to win 10 games when this team has the talent

Nov 13, 2017, 12:11 AM

to win 13-14 with the top Defense in country, the best D-Line in Clemson history, a very good O-Line, outstanding LB's, raw but very talented RB's, and Wide Receiver University. Why would we settle for 10-4? This D-Line will not be coming back. Why don't we work on our vertical passing game and take advantage of these great skill sets on our 2017 team? Yes, absolutely appreciate the talent on this team, but why settle? Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't fit into either of those categories.

Nov 13, 2017, 12:19 AM

I hoped for a 10+ win season with a good bowl game. Our program is given me much more than I hoped. I fit into the category of hoping for 10+ wins but this year is progressing just like last year.

We lost to Pitt last year then all the armchair coaches raised their ugly heads and removed all doubt that they had the first clue as to why our games were close. Likewise, we're enduring the same load of horsechit now.

Few freshmen come to campus ready to play. We all know how precious experience is to preparing a player to perform at a high level. We can't get our younger classmen experienced unless we throw them in the fire and put them in a do or die situation.

A team goes through the same growth as the individual. It has to be stressed to grow just like a muscle. That stress is uncomfortable to us because we can't do anything but watch, cheer and hope. It produced a tough, hardnose group last year that beat Bama on the last drive of the season. Dabo was building toward that type performance from our team all last year.

Dabo is now building for another big run. When it's over everyone will see it and know how it happened. All those blowout games other teams and their fans are enjoying doesn't help when they get their backs against the wall like OSU, ND, UGA, Penn State and Miami and somebody bichslapps them right in the mouth. Watch and learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last Year/This Year... Same and Different!

Nov 13, 2017, 2:27 AM

Problem with your analysis of last year IS that it was obvious that the team play was sub-par prior to the Pitt game... and much like this year, just getting by until someone like Pitt or Syracuse exposed it. Last year the lost woke the team up and very little was heard from the fans thru-out the rest of the year. But this year, even after our lost to Syracuse, KBryant still has not shown the ability or confidence to lead this team in a contest with the nation's best. Last year Watson was showing mediocrity until he lost... then his whole demeanor changed. Kelly has not shown that bounce. Another thing... When Cooper lost the Syracuse game I knew he was'nt the winner we needed by his words afterwards... "Well, teams lose every now and then." to explain that performance.

Re: Okay okay okay

Nov 13, 2017, 12:41 AM

Spot on sir...

Re: Okay okay okay

Nov 13, 2017, 4:02 AM

Only a couple of flaws in your thinking. KB is not DW, who is,. Secondly, KB doesn't have MW bailing him out with great catches, and Leggett and Scott aren't there for him to target. I can't believe all the bitching about Kelly Bryant. Its sad that this kid is playing as hard as he can, LED Clemson to another Atlantic division title and it's just not good enough for some fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,364
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic