Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YouTube TV verdict?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

YouTube TV verdict?

Mar 16, 2020, 9:22 AM

I know a lot of us switched to YTTV before the season started last fall to make sure we had the ACCN. Did any of you ditch it? And those who kept it, how are you liking it?

I switched back then, wound up ditching Dish Network, and have been very happy with it. The channel selection is really good (only two channels they didn't have that I wanted - AXS TV and DIY) and the sports selection has been outstanding (lot of good that does me now). The DVR options are really good, and I like the way the home screen fine tunes your selections. I rarely use the Live Guide as a result.

Before the cancelled the tourneys, I enjoyed watching it on my desktop at work with the pop-up window so it was always on top and resizable to whatever size suited me to still work and keep up. Have done a good bit of watching on my phone & tablet, too, which I could do with DISH but found a lot easier with YTTV.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I switched amd recently went back to Hulu

Mar 16, 2020, 9:28 AM

only because YouTube TV doesn't have A&E and I've got to see the idiots on Live PD every week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YouTube TV verdict?

Mar 16, 2020, 9:32 AM

I still have YouTube TV. The background of my switch:

I had Spectrum and couldn't stand them

Switched to full cord cutting and just trying sling etc.

Landed on YouTube TV. I can honestly say it has been a good experience until a couple of weeks ago when they took away Fox Sports South. They received so much blow back they went the cheap route and brought it back in certain markets (Not Greenville/Spartanburg). With the COVID-19 going around it's a mute point b/c there are no ATL UTD or Braves games but when they come back i'm not sure what i'm going to do.

I've been very happy with it...

Mar 16, 2020, 9:34 AM

they have all the channels I normally watch, the unlimited DVR feature is awesome, plus my kids can share the account while they're away from home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 16, 2020, 9:47 AM

Love it, finally cut the cable and this was the only option for me. Tons of channels, can record, can watch from anywhere, and with 3 live streams at once, it's easy to split with a friend and get a great deal.

I love it.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:00 AM

I ditched cable 3 years ago and tried Sling for awhile. I switched to YTTV as soon as it was available in this area and i haven't looked back.

I did do a free trial of Hulu Live last year but i wasn't impressed.

Love it. Haven’t looked back...***

Mar 16, 2020, 10:09 AM

Love it - no regrets.***

Mar 16, 2020, 10:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Switched to YouTubeTV when Playstation Vue went away

Mar 16, 2020, 11:22 AM

Been happy with it so far. In order to the get all the same channels I had with PS Vue I also subscribed to Philo. Overall both have been a good experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 11:23 AM

We brought YTTV while in NYC and the cable service was sporadic in our Airbnb and it did not have the ACCN. We have Spectrum included with the current location but I like YTTV so much we have kept it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have Hulu but if YTTV had A&E and DIY I would try it....

Mar 16, 2020, 12:42 PM

... YTTV has all the big 4 locals in Columbia plus CW, MyTV, & 2 PBS channels. Hulu only has the big 4 locals.

Last September, I switched from Dish to YouTube TV

Mar 16, 2020, 12:51 PM

and I still have it. My family wasn’t crazy about us switching but now they love it too and don’t want me to get rid of it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We cancelled YouTube TV today

Mar 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

I have no need for 'live' TV if no sports. Will sign back up again if/when football season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 3:48 PM

Love it.

Only miss A&E, History, and Hallmark channels, but got over that in less than a month.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Mar 16, 2020, 3:53 PM

Love it. I get what I want out of it and can use other apps to fill in the gaps. Can’t beat the price. My final dtv Bill was 180 with internet on top of that. Man, satellite and cable companies are gonna go bankrupt very quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic