Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Second Field Goal Gives Maryland 13-12 Win Over No. 19 Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Nov 4, 2006, 4:21 PM

Dan Ennis kicked a 31-yard field goal as time ran out, lifting Maryland to its fourth straight victory, a 13-12 win over No. 19 Clemson on Saturday that kept the Terps alive in the Atlantic Coast Conference title race. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Second Field Goal Gives Maryland 13-12 Win Over No. 19 Clemson

Nov 4, 2006, 5:52 PM

In the "red zone" Clemson should run the "T" formation with Merriweather at fullback and Davis and Spiller at halfbacks and tight ends. Clemson has a good offensive line and Proctor would be another weapon running the option. All Davis and Spiller need is a quick opening in the offensive front and they have proven they can handle the secondary.

George- Virginia Beach

Just Beat Carolina

Nov 4, 2006, 6:52 PM

I know I'll get the #### flamed out of me for saying it again. Let's go ahead and beat NCState, get it out of the way, and then beat the #### out of South Carolina. I don't give a rip about the ACC Championship as it pertains to Clemson this year, rankings, or blowout wins. Just beat the #### out of those lousy miserable Gamecocks.

Same ole story, every year....

Nov 4, 2006, 8:05 PM

I am not disagreeing with your post at all, I actually said the same thing to my buddies leaving the game today, "just beat South Carolina."

The sad thing is, this is the only thing we can hang our hats on every year now. It's the same old story, once we get knocked out of the ACC championship hunt, we just focus on beating South Carolina, like that really means anything anymore.

FSU and Miami have their worst teams in years, maybe even a decade or two, and this is supposed to be our best team in a number of years, and we still can't make it to the title game.

Oh well, I am sure this post will be deleted, but it's just been a rough day.....

You're right, though!

Nov 4, 2006, 8:45 PM

Same ol stuff. Wake could take the title. Nuff Said!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: You're right, though!

Nov 4, 2006, 8:56 PM

The coaching staff flat ruined that one! They do not use their players the right way. I feel sorry for Reggie because he is an emotional player who gives everything. Also Cullen Harper needs to see the field. Will Proctor is soooooo indecisive on the field. He had some nice balls today but his confidence is very shaky. JAd really stepped it up today and showed his worth to the team. Give him some credit Tiger fans!!!

Carolina will crush us if WP plays like he did today.PERIOD****

Nov 4, 2006, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Just Beat Carolina ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Coaching-Predicable Play

Nov 4, 2006, 10:05 PM

85% of the plays we run are so predicable. On offense we give away each play based on motion, and on defense we will not attempt a blitz and go man to man!!

After the UNC game, our coaching staff laid down, thinking all we had to do is run the ball, and they haven't kept WP involved in the offense.

We have to have a few "wrinkles" in the offense or we are done for the year AND we have to be able to go man to man in the secondary and blitz the quarterback or we are done - PERIOD.

Re: Sorry Coaching-Predicable Play

Nov 4, 2006, 11:29 PM

While I agree w/some of your points I don't think you need to be pointing fingers at the defense right now. they allowed 13 points in the game and right around 300 yds. That's not great, but our offense has to score more points and be more productive. It's gonna be hard for any team to win when they can't score more than 12. Everything about today was flat. The crowd seemed just "there", the players didn't have much energy...everything was just off for the second week in a row. Hopefully we can get something figured out on offense. let's finish the season strong and win our last three.

Nov 5, 2006, 1:51 PM

Clemson wiil never be a consistent Top 10 football program as long as TB is head coach. They have better talent than the top five teams in the nation but it is abusive how they fail to utilize it. The speed we have is wasted because we do not throw downfield and fail to make any adjustments at the half. Maybe he doesn't know what to do. It is also evident that the mad offensive genius we have as a coordinator is so easy to read.
It is the same old story every year from TB making excuses. The only poor excuse we have is paying a man over 1.2 million a year and getting an inferior result from his work. It is time the Tiger nation stands up and let this be known.
I have watched Clemson football and been a fan since the 50's and either he produces or gets out and takes TDP with him.

Nov 5, 2006, 2:27 PM

You people make me sick. You are fans. You probably never played football past high school and most of you probably didn't even play then. I'm positive that most of you have never coached as much as even a pop warner team. The game has evolved so much sense you last played that you should keep your mouths and in this case your keyboards shut! You are probably the same people who boo will proctor and coach spence which does nothing but continue to hurt wills confidence. You are supposed to be a clemson fan. The only right you have is to cheer as hard as you can for the team and coaches! You have no right whatsoever to tear down our team and our coaches!

Nov 5, 2006, 9:11 PM

You certainly have the right to your opinion (that's what the forum is for-correct?), but please get your facts straight and do not make it so personal.

I did not refer to WP in my post at all. I make it a practice never to criticize the players, but we pay the coaches a ton of money to perform. We have the talent this year to have been undefeated right now.

Also, I'm not a coach, but I can still call 70% of the plays the Tigers run by watching pre-snap motion and formation, and I do not think it should be that easy for me to figure out.

Only reason the play calling is predictable is because WP is

Nov 4, 2006, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Sorry Coaching-Predicable Play ]

choking. Keeping him "involved" in the starting line up is the problem and the only "wrinkle" the offense needs is to bench him. if we could play man up we would, but we can't leave Coleman out there alone or he will get torched. The Defense is not the problem, a QB who can't execute is. Will has had plenty of chances to make plays since UNC, but for whatever reason, he can't get the job done. The only sorry coaching today was sticking with him instead of at least giving Cullen or Tribble a shot. That being said, carolina crushes us if WP plays like he did today. Period

GET OFF Will"s back!!!!

Nov 5, 2006, 9:05 AM

The young man is doing his BEST to help us win games, He doesn't need your bashing piled on top of the pitiful play calls he has to live with now. We lost that game because SOMEBODY in a glass enclosure apparently was not watching the same game we were--two weeks in a row. If you are not allowed to throw downfield, then you have to throw into the heart of the defense when stacked in the box. Will did not lose the game-he was NOT given the chance to win it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me a break! What games have you watched? He has'nt

Nov 5, 2006, 12:38 PM

thrown the ball down the feild because he is too scared. Do you HONESTLY think that Spence called the screen( 2 yards behind the line)to CJ on 3rd and 9? Or the 2 yrd pass to THunter on 3rd and 10? WP was given plenty of chances to win the game, some would say TOO MANY. For whatever reason, HE is not getting the job done. Bill Walsh and Don Coryell could'nt devise a winning gameplan for him so why should our coaches be able to? I don't doubt he is doing his BEST, I doubt if his best is good enough!

Nov 5, 2006, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Sorry Coaching-Predicable Play ]

you got that right on. They tried that swing pass out to cj so many times yesterday.Just because he broke it long against GT. Yes we played great against GT.But you have to change up the play book do something different. The teams know what are coming thats we they study films.Our coaches need to change the plas some do something different not just run the ball up the middle. Then four and 5 yard passes. It was awful if you look at the top teams yesterday day.They was throwing deep.Not connecting everytime no,but when they did they was hurting some people.Even maryland threw deep on us and burned us.Oh well it was just hard to watch and swallow how this team has went from top 10 in a bcs game to out of the top 25 in 2 weeks.Still love my Tigers and will pull for them til im gone.That was tough. GO TIGERS!!!!!

Our players deserve no blame for THIS ONE!!!

Nov 5, 2006, 12:08 AM

I certainly think we could have executed a few plays better, but our coaches, specfically Rob Spence, gave us no chance to win this game. Actually, I take that back. He gave us a 50/50 chance to win the game. 3rd and goal on the 8 yard line and we run it up the middle. If we don't get the TD, then we can just kick the FG and hope our defense can hold them. Well, guess what? THEY DIDN'T!!

I'm not surprised that Will Proctor is having confidence problems and not throwing as well as he did earlier in the year. Since Chansi got hurt, which was his "go to" man, we have pretty much completely abandoned the vertical passing game. It really cracks me up that Spence uses about 30 different formations to run about 4 different plays. I thought the point of using different formations was that you could run several different plays out of them and confuse the defense. The gig is up Spence. The run up the middle and the bubble screen are not effective when you know it is coming every time. I had to laugh today when we lined up in a certain formation and the guy behind me in the stands called the play exactly how we ran it. If a fan in the stands knows what is coming, what do you think the DC for Maryland knows about our "predictable" offense.

If Spence calls the plays for the next 2 games like he did the last 2 games, we better all get ready for 2 more losses. He's a mad scientist, alright. If mad is running the exact same plays without any success and hoping they will eventually work, then he's the maddest SOB I've ever seen.

I have to place some of the blame on TB though. He's the head coach and he gets paid millions of dollars to make sure the Tigers are doing what they need to do to win. Tommy, I'm ready for you to start "earning" your salary.

Re: Our players deserve no blame for THIS ONE!!!

Nov 5, 2006, 9:47 AM

I would agree that coaching was the problem in the last two weeks, and a lack of consistency has been a hallmark of Bowden @ Clemson. It's obvious he's been able to recruit better talent, as we have more depth across the board then we have in some time. (maybe ever)

But his inability to translate that talent into wins is disturbing. Despite our bad luck on the injury front, the ACC has been wide open this season and we had a golden opportunity to take the football program to the next level the last two weeks...

I was also disturbed by Tommy's demeanor, as he looked disinterested until they lined up for the field goal...

Re: Our players deserve no blame for THIS ONE!!!

Nov 5, 2006, 9:50 AM

It looked to me, and even the announcers were talking about it, like Tommy has already found his retirement home in Florida and has lost his competitive edge.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic