Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Last Night

Jan 2, 2018, 8:44 AM

I try not to be a "sky is falling" kind of poster so this may feel like pumping this morning, but the game ended over the course of about a 5 minute span where the ball just didn't bounce our way. It started with the first KB int. He's looking long, gets popped right as he is throwing it and if the ball falls to the turf, it is just a single play where the OL didn't show out. Instead, Da'Ron Payne gets the pick that basically fell into his hands. Next, that horse collar was absolute garbage. You can't convince me that an o-lineman tackling a d-lineman like that was what that rule was created for. It honesty wasn't even that violent a tackle the way you normally think of with horse collars, but I digress. When they got down to the goal line, the D-line, that was pretty salty all night long, stiffened up and Bama ran that ridiculous play with Payne catching the TD in the midst of a blatant (and missed) holding call with the other Bama D-lineman basically ripping Chad Smith's shirt off to open up Payne. Back them up 10 and do they score? I don't know, but I like our chances of at least holding them to a FG (and by the way, their kicker sucked). Then the very next offensive play is the pick-6 where again, the ball popped up in the air just right. That is where the game ended and the rest is just locker room talk.

I'm proud of the way the team played tonight. The defense got put in an impossible situation time and time again and held Bama to 17 points. That should have been enough to win the game. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce the right way. It happens. Next season should be one for the record books.

Also, our basketball team is looking nasty. Who saw that coming?

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic