Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What changes in philosophy has Clemson made to turn past trends of flopping when patted on the back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

What changes in philosophy has Clemson made to turn past trends of flopping when patted on the back

Aug 29, 2016, 1:55 PM

...hyped up and celebrated before any actual on field success?

Were we too complacent. Did we buy into our own hype? Are we hungrier and meaner now, than we were then?

I remember Clemson thinking they were too good a team to have to face a #18 WVU team in a BCS bowl.

I remember Clemson buying into its top 10 preseason ranking, coming out soft and being embarrassed by Alabama in Saban's 1st game.

I remember when Clemson was the talk of the country, top 5, and projected to win the ACC before coming out and expecting Fr Winston to cower in front of our home field crowd.

I'm starting to get the same sense. The magazine covers. "Tomsblog.com," espn, br, and every other news outlet imaginable ranking us top 3. A lock for the final 4.

I know DW is hungry, and can block out the hype and go to work, but I worry some of the others are of the belief that our #2 ranking will carry through to victory this weekend.

What say yOu? Any vibe on the feel of the team? Hungry? Angry still from their last time out on the field? Softies? Scared? Quietly confident, ready to explode back on the national scene and dominate every play - striking fear into the hearts of future foes?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What changes in philosophy has Clemson mato turn past trends of flopping when patted on the back

Aug 29, 2016, 2:03 PM

Major difference is the quality of player in almost every position when compared to previous years. We had them here and there on the field, but never as stacked as we are now and will be for the future.
I think they can power through some hype.
These sound like Bowden Clemson problems

The Machine...***

Aug 29, 2016, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liek when USuC actually made the SEC championship game

Aug 29, 2016, 2:06 PM

only to get run out of the building by Auburn, then getting curb stomped by FSU in the Peach?

That kind of flopping?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug 29, 2016, 2:07 PM

/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug 29, 2016, 8:14 PM

I second that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo erased all that..we now EXPECT to win.

Aug 29, 2016, 2:10 PM

under tb, we just hoped to win.

Message was edited by: jackorange®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

You are on the right track, but I think it was more, TB

Aug 29, 2016, 7:14 PM

hoped not to get his butt kicked.

You are on the right track, but I think it was more, TB

Aug 29, 2016, 7:15 PM [ in reply to dabo erased all that..we now EXPECT to win. ]

hoped not to get his butt kicked.

Well now, let's see.

Aug 29, 2016, 2:12 PM

I haven't seen Clemson flop in the last 4 years are so. 40+ wins in that period and all loses in that time to top 10 teams. Sounds like solid on the field success to me.

I am sure there is a quite confidence in this team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You remember?

Aug 29, 2016, 2:12 PM

Must have been a conversation you were having with yourself...hey, are the coots keeping the BOOM bus filled with gas?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Totally different Clemson

Aug 29, 2016, 2:14 PM

mindset now days. Can we be beat, absolutely. Will we be beat, only by Clemson. And that includes you.....FSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Is Manly Man ManaCoot ?

Aug 29, 2016, 2:16 PM

Reading his posts, it looks like it.

Better players, better coaching, better discipline, better S&C...

Aug 29, 2016, 2:19 PM

Playing with confidence eliminates the need for gimmicks.

Clemsoning has forever been removed from the sports vocabulary.

It is now known as THUGAing.

Re: Better players, better coaching, better discipline, better S&C...

Aug 30, 2016, 11:49 AM

Nah, our S&C program hasn't changed much and but the oc and dc coaching staff has truly changed. Dabo has grown quite a bit. We had some good players during those 8-4 type years but all the guys are top shelf now. The quality of our team in general is top shelf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Morris had trouble adjusting to new looks seen on D. New OC's great @ halftime adjustments

Aug 30, 2016, 12:28 PM

Morris, I don't think, fully grasped how best to counter many looks seen on Defense, thus he had trouble getting us in good sutuatations, and couldn't teach his QB's how to make the proper changes at the line of scrimmage.

I think T.E. and J.S. do a phenominal job teaching, and calling plays to get us into great position to score.

I also like that they've taken much of the confusion off the table for their players, by cutting out much of the fluff Morris brought in. They stick to the basics, pound the football; and our guys play faster, smarter and more confident as a result.

I CANNOT WAIT to see KOR when playmakers are receiving the ball, and actually have time (PR) or space to make a return because of the new emphasis on the importance of BLOCKING on said plays.

Last 1. Humility. Is it just me or does our most talented team ever seem more focused

Aug 30, 2016, 12:36 PM

And less cocky than lesser teams in the past, when listening to player interviews?

Talent

Aug 29, 2016, 2:24 PM

its hard to fall on your face with you are just that much better than most teams you are going to play.

Re: Talent

Aug 29, 2016, 2:33 PM

I agree. Just want to see Clemson playing with the same chip on their shoulder as last year, when we were undefeated yet ESPN still refuses discuss Clemson for more than a 45 second clip on College Gameday, and CFB live. The recaps of our game featured highlightsof the plays that almost could've caused us to lose had they been made or called differently.

Would hate to see th players not come out with that same desperation to win every play and lay it all on the line week in and week out. That's the only way I could see us dropping a game: is if that fire, for whatever reason, is lost (for any stretch of time throughout any of our games) this season.

Re: Talent

Aug 29, 2016, 2:49 PM

ManlyMan
Walk-On [135]
TigerPulse: 56%
What changes in philosophy has USC made to turn past trends of flopping when patted on the back
Posted: Aug 29, 2016 1:55 PM

...hyped up and celebrated before any actual on field success?

Were we too complacent. Did we buy into our own hype? Are we hungrier and meaner now THAT COACH BOOM IS HERE?

I remember USC thinking they were too good a team to have to face a UCONN team in THE WEEDEATER bowl.

I remember USC buying into its top 10 SEC CONFERENCE ranking, coming out soft and being embarrassed by CLEMSON in DABOS 1st RIVALRY game.

I remember when USC was the talk of the country, top 6, and projected to win the SEC CONFERENCE before coming out and GOING 6-6.

I'm starting to get the same sense. The magazine covers. "Tomsblog.com," espn, br, and every other news outlet imaginable ranking us top 13 OF THE SEC CONFERENCE. A lock for the final 14.

I know ORTH is hungry, and can block out the hype and go to work, but I worry some of the others are of the belief that our #13 ranking IN THE SEC CONFERENCE will carry through to victory this THURSDAY.

What say yOu? Any vibe on the feel of the team? Hungry? Angry still from their last time out on the field IN WILLIAMS BRICE? Softies? Scared? Quietly confident, ready to explode back on the scene and dominate every play AS IF IT WAS THE LAST PLAY AGAINST THE CITADEL- striking fear into the hearts of future DIVISION 2 foes EVERYWHERE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Aug 29, 2016, 7:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ManlyMan, we have yet to peak.

Aug 29, 2016, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Talent ]

And were you not a Bammer, just last week? Even if you're not the same, nonetheless, FGF is calling your name.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I'm saying, is there's a reason why coaches don't post magazine covers celebrating his players

Aug 29, 2016, 4:44 PM

On the locker room bulletin board.

Pride always comes before the fall, and the team who keeps the underdog (starving) mentality shall win it all.

Have we already forgotten the disrespect ESPN showed us ALL OF last season, UNTIL WE LOST?

"Wow, Clemson really is a national championship type team, I had my doubts until seeing this performance vs Alabama. Watson would've have won the Heisman had we voted after the Championship game.... yadda yadda yadda"

All I'm saying, is there's a reason why coaches don't post magazine covers celebrating his players

Aug 29, 2016, 8:06 PM

> On the locker room bulletin board.
>
> Pride always comes before the fall, and the team who
> keeps the underdog (starving) mentality shall win it
> all.
>
> Have we already forgotten the disrespect ESPN showed
> us ALL OF last season, UNTIL WE LOST?
>
> "Wow, Clemson really is a national championship type
> team, I had my doubts until seeing this performance
> vs Alabama. Watson would've have won the Heisman had
> we voted after the Championship game.... yadda yadda
> yadda"

But just to be sure, this post is spot on - right?

It's no "HJ is overrated" POTD, mind you.... rather, it serves as a reminder to remain hungry and passionate while still keeping the faith that your best effort will be enough (if you're a Clemson player), and that you don't to be perfect, just prepared and manimalish for 60 minutes.

yo cocklover

Aug 29, 2016, 8:52 PM

just dumb as ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

what's it like pulling for the coots? Silly Coot.***

Aug 29, 2016, 2:28 PM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Suck it, dirtpecker...***

Aug 29, 2016, 2:38 PM

Re: What changes has Muschamp made that will prevent his

Aug 29, 2016, 7:06 PM

team from imploding like all his past teams?

Better worry about beating Vandy, coot. You're dogs to Vandy, LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I say cock-a-doodle-doo, cock-a-doodle-doo,

Aug 29, 2016, 7:17 PM

Carolina Gamecocks to %#&@ with you.

Offensive Line

Aug 29, 2016, 8:44 PM

It's all about the offensive line. Previous Clemson teams didn't have great players on the OL. That's why they were so inconsistent. It had nothing to do with being hyped.

Re: Offensive Line

Aug 30, 2016, 11:38 AM

> It's all about the offensive line. Previous Clemson
> teams didn't have great players on the OL. That's
> why they were so inconsistent. It had nothing to do
> with being hyped.

Agree with the Oline. We've deliberately recruiting mean, scrappy, smart Olineman.

OL, DW4, the depth at the skill positions and along the DL (which leads to more effort bc of the competiion behind them, and fresher legs) wil be why we win this one running away.

It was Satan's second season's opener.

Aug 29, 2016, 9:48 PM

His first game coached at Bama was against WCU and he went 7-6 in that first season with the Tide.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when we were #1 in the CFP rankings for

Aug 29, 2016, 9:53 PM

like 6 straight weeks and never slipped up.

We hired the best DC in the country and recruited some...

Aug 30, 2016, 11:46 AM

horrible ravaging beast on both sides of the line. Actually, we've improved at every position on defense and many offensive positions too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are lost

Aug 30, 2016, 6:13 PM

All teams have lists like this. Alabama - Auburn kicksix, loss to Mississippi, and it goes one with everyone.

Stop the hand wringing and chillax.

Re: You are lost

Aug 30, 2016, 8:32 PM

Kick6 was an AU team that played for the National Championship.

Ole Miss was 10 laterals and 30+ yards given up on 1 play away from repoing the West in the SEC championship.

This AU team is not close to the talent level they had in 13, especially at QB.

If we lose this game to Auburn, or even let it to remain too close for comfort in the 4th Q, it will have been from a lack of effort, focus, and discipline on Clemson's part.

Though, I think the culture Dabo's built has this team ready to crush in each of those 3 areas come Saturday night.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic