Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Landrum Mill murders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 9,034

Landrum Mill murders

Jan 15, 2019, 1:53 PM

Anybody heard anything from the inside? Crazy that it happened. I didn't know any of the people tho. I sure can believe it with all the meth heads around Landrum tho. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything. That is my home town so it hits hard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would move this to the Coot boards ...

Jan 29, 2018, 12:47 PM

They have more expertise on this subject matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being from Inman I'll agree with you.

Jan 29, 2018, 12:58 PM

According to friend I have at the LPD they don't have any leads, rhyme or reason for any of it. I mean they have NOTHING

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Re: Being from Inman I'll agree with you.

Jan 29, 2018, 1:52 PM

I feel like Spartanburg has to know something but maybe not. I have heard different things but all are just rumors I am sure. Something to do with drugs tho I believe.

Re: Being from Inman I'll agree with you.

Jan 29, 2018, 3:46 PM

Seems like all murders like that involve drugs. I have not read everything about it yet, but would be surprised if the victims did not know the killers.

Re: Landrum Mill murders

Jan 29, 2018, 4:26 PM

Surprised there are any mill's left. Authorities should probably look at China

Jan 29, 2018, 9:15 PM

Several Mills still exist. Several companies that left that were still strong enough came back once big import tariffs and taxes were put on them to bring product back in.

Landrum Mill has been closed for a few years

Jan 29, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Landrum Mill murders ]

It was a Mohawk carpet plant. The murders were on Landrum Mill Rd between the empty plant and downtown Landrum.

Jan 29, 2018, 4:27 PM

just goes to show, if you find a book in your cellar made from human skin, DO NOT READ IT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2018, 8:59 PM

Happened about 1/2 mile from my house. We still haven't heard anything. This has been the most quiet investigation I can remember.

Are you nervous living so close?*****

Jan 29, 2018, 9:02 PM

Re: Are you nervous living so close?*****

Jan 29, 2018, 9:18 PM

#### Carl....

Jan 29, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

Very. Our habits have absolutely changed in the past week.

I bet. That is crazy. I would be paranoid slightly.

Jan 29, 2018, 9:22 PM

Anyway, sorry you have to deal with that. Hopefully they get the culprit/culprits soon.

Jan 29, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

I would think the people knew the killer so I doubt you have anything to worry about but it would make me nervous as well. You lived in landrum your whole life? I'm 25 and have. My dad has since he was a young boy as well.

Doesn't that mean you guys may know the culprit?

Jan 29, 2018, 10:11 PM

There are only 2500 people in that city, correct?

Re: Doesn't that mean you guys may know the culprit?

Jan 29, 2018, 10:16 PM

Something like that yes. It would not surprise me if I knew them. I know many druggies that I would think could be capable of doing something like that and not really care. Sad to say but that is the truth about a lot of people. Meth changes people and tons of people live that life around Landrum.

That is crazy in such a small town.

Jan 29, 2018, 10:19 PM

Wow. Intense.

Re: That is crazy in such a small town.

Jan 30, 2018, 12:15 AM

It is really sad how drugs can turn good people into animals. Now idk if it had anything to do with drugs or not but it seems likely to me. I have seen good kids become criminals too many times. Some my good friends.

Jan 30, 2018, 12:21 AM

I've seen it way to much in this area too. People who don't live here only see this quaint small town that has antique shops. What they don't consider is that there is literally nothing geared toward anyone under the age of 30. When teens don't have entertainment options, they will create there own.

Jan 30, 2018, 12:25 AM

Yep it is sad. Some just get deeper and deeper and never get out of it.

Re: Doesn't that mean you guys may know the culprit?

Jan 29, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Doesn't that mean you guys may know the culprit? ]

Something like that yes. It would not surprise me if I knew them. I know many druggies that I would think could be capable of doing something like that and not really care. Sad to say but that is the truth about a lot of people. Meth changes people and tons of people live that life around Landrum. I use to hang out with a bad crowd but I have 2 kids and live in Polk county now. I stay away from those kind of people now a days.

Jan 29, 2018, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

I have always lived in Landrum. I have sisters that are closer to your age. I realize the high likelihood of the victims knowing the murderer, but I have two boys and a wife that I'm not willing test that theory with. It's an uneasy feeling to know something that violent happened just a few hundred yards from where I was sleeping that night

Jan 30, 2018, 12:11 AM

Yes I understand there as do I have 2 boys. Hopefully It is just a one time thing and hopefully whoever is responsible is found soon. If you don't mind me asking did you know the victims?

Jan 30, 2018, 12:24 AM

I did not know them.

Jan 30, 2018, 12:28 AM

Just wonder what kind of people they were. I don't know anybody that knows them. I have heard they dealed with Mary Jane but idk about anything else. I just wish we had some info onto why it happened.

Jan 30, 2018, 8:01 AM

Can I ask a simple question, why is this on the football board?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2018, 8:09 AM

To make D bags like you ask questions.

Jan 30, 2018, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

Can i ask u a simple question? Why in the hell does it bother u. It's January 30th. There are 72 other post on here about who the 3rd string holder is going to be. He probably asked it because he knew he would get the most responses on this board.

Jan 30, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

Why did you not wait for an answer to the first part of your question before proceeding with the second part of your question? So to answer the first part:”NO”.

Jan 30, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

Smart move to get out of your hometown if you used to get into some things. Most of Polk is nice. It has some areas like Sunny View but overall a great community. My wife’s family lives in the area. Still tough to come to terms with that happening in that area but there’s a lot of drug activity going on behind the scenes. Hopefully the locals will get some closure soon.

Jan 30, 2018, 10:07 AM

Yes it is just up the road but I stay away from most the people I use to hangout with. They just have not grown up and I have had to. I sure hope they find something as well. It is nerve wrecking enough having 2 kids living where I am but I cannot imagine living on Landrum Mill rd.

Jan 30, 2018, 11:24 AM

Sorry if my question riled you, however I think you may still have some growing up to do based on your reply.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2018, 1:53 PM

Not riled and you just made my point about you being a D bag once again. Ofcourse I have growing up to do, as does everybody. We never stop learning and growing. That said, I will continue to post topics other than football on the football board when I see fit to or when I forget to change it. The football board should not be the default.

Jan 30, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you nervous living so close?***** ]

Campobello for me! Suburb of Landrum

Jan 30, 2018, 1:55 PM

Didn't know we had so many locals from where I grew up/live on here. Awesome.

Replies: 35
| visibility 9,034
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic