Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Landing a cople of stud DBs has reached
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Landing a cople of stud DBs has reached

Jan 13, 2016, 3:03 PM

Defcon-5

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Soooo....

Jan 13, 2016, 3:04 PM

Are we going to get them?

Scared to answer***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:05 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

We'll remain friends either way

Jan 13, 2016, 3:06 PM

hth

Re: Landing a cople of stud DBs has reached

Mullen did not get high remarks from the Army All American practices or game. Hoping he just had a bad week.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:02 PM

Hyatt underperformed last year too.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Landing a cople of stud DBs has reached ]

He just needs a good ol dose of Brent Venables foot up his ####....

Link???***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:07 PM

Quarterbacks won't have time to throw on our front. Not worried.

The front 7 will be the strength of the D next year

Jan 13, 2016, 3:12 PM

Everyone on this D is a Brent V recruited player. The Defense will survive. Shadell Bell and Denzel Johnson will be moved to DB.

It's not Defcon 5.

Jan 13, 2016, 3:16 PM

More like DEFCON 1

Jan 13, 2016, 3:34 PM

that and a couple of DEs

do you think Jadar Johnson could play DB? He has pretty good coverage skills at safety

Yes. Jadar Johnson will contribute.***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:36 PM

As will Chambers and Edmunds*********

Jan 13, 2016, 4:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Tiger, I think Gibson and Fields will step up this year..

Jan 13, 2016, 3:38 PM

and I think Muse and Chalmers will also surprise.

What do you think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: So Tiger, I think Gibson and Fields will step up this year..

Jan 13, 2016, 4:21 PM

Gibson and Muse are a couple of big safeties. Mercy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 4:00 PM

Here is my take.
How many guys in this class @ D (that we had a realistic shot with had we pursued them earlier than last minute) would have been a guy that we looked at and said he will be the guy when he steps on campus? I don't think there is very many. We are looking for a few guys that we consider to be good enough to fill a roster spot and the reason we didn't go after some harder was that there wasn't a certainty the spot would open up. 14-1 opened that up and now we are going to have a space or 2 but it won't be a big deal.
1. I think Baker, Fields, Carter, etc. were going to win the vacant CB job anyway. Assuming Tank stays we still have 2 decent corners and decent depth.
2. Safety play was average at best for most of the year and Johnson has played a lot in his career. He needs to improve his run game but is more disciplined in the passing game and at one point was pushing Kearse for more PT.
3. Van Smith looks promising and if he takes the offseason seriously could emerge as a very reliable if not great player.
4. Gibson has all the physical tools and could easily earn a spot or at least a ton of PT if he can handle the mental load of the game. Both he and Smith are still young.
5. Not much has been said of Muse because he redshirted but he has similar tools to Gibson but is even bigger and is an absolute headhunter.
6. Wiggins returns and will either improve the nickel position or become a starter at a safety spot.
7. Whoever we did sign wouldn't probably play more than 150 snaps, so we can absorb it give a walkon a scholly for a year and then go after some legit superstar DBs in the 2017 class. Their ARE players in the 2017 class with legit interest in Clemson that could step in and crack the 2 deep.
8. Losing Mac will hurt but aside from somehow stealing Levonta Taylor from FSU, there wasn't another DB who could have come close to replacing Mac as a true freshman.
9. All in all, if we get Trayvon Mullen great and if not we will still be ok. Blue wasn't going to start, Edwards wasn't going to start, Osbourne wouldn't have, etc.
10. Finally, trust this staff. They have encountered this with multiple positions and every time we have been ok.

defcon-5 is bueno, defcon-juan not so bueno...***

Jan 13, 2016, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we're set on them?

Jan 13, 2016, 4:11 PM

I has confusssed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:14 PM

I think we must get one CB Mullen or full court press to get Hardman. We will be ok next year but need depth for sure now.

Does all this movement help persuade said studs?

Jan 13, 2016, 4:20 PM

They may been hesitant due to depth concerns

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic