Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The report about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The report about

Jan 18, 2018, 6:29 PM

Tigertown Tavern reminded me of something you youngster will find hard to believe. When I was a student at Clemson there was ONE place downtown where a beer could be bought. All others had to be visited by car! That one place was called Nick the Greeks (I think) and rarely was there more than a few guys in there. I never saw a coed in the place... and I visited it frequently! Things have really changed, and most for the better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The report about

Jan 18, 2018, 6:31 PM

The Esso club was a gas station and garage and I think they sold beer but I’m not sure.

They did***

Jan 18, 2018, 7:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pumped gas there as a kid for Jack and remember

Jan 19, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: The report about ]

Buddy Royal had his regular spot on a stool at the counter. Good times, good memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 6:40 PM

What report?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 8:01 PM

Looks like they had a minor fire due to some power issues. The tweet's I saw seemed like it wasn't a big deal. I thought I might have to take one more trip back to Mecca for a minute.

Remember Lester’s Tiger Den

Jan 18, 2018, 6:43 PM

One of few places other than Red Carpet!

Re: Remember Lester’s Tiger Den

Jan 18, 2018, 6:52 PM

Not in the early 6Os I don’t!

Jan 18, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Remember Lester’s Tiger Den ]

Lamar's and Red Carpet was the same place correct?

Lamars and Red Carpet were NOT the same place

Jan 19, 2018, 7:36 AM

Lamars was out on 123 and Red Carpet was half of what is now Tiger Town Tavern (Triple T to those of us who haunt the geriatric corner there)

I worked at the Tiger Den from about 78 to 81. This was when Bobby ran the place. Slug bartended there then too. And some youngster JC. :)

Very good times. When the Den was shut down, I got one of the leaded glass sidelights to the downstairs fireplace. It is now hanging on my Clemson wall in the "man cave".

In the 68-72 time frame, I only remember Red Carpet & Tiger

Jan 18, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Remember Lester’s Tiger Den ]

Den. Hung out a few times in the mid-70s and there was a pretty good sized place out on the north side of town, had a dance floor, can't remember the name though. There was also the old former grocery store on North Main, that I think was officially named "The Grocery."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Remember Lester’s Tiger Den ]

it was a home away from home.remember lester and marvin very well.would love to have the $ I left there,whether on beer or the pinball machines.great memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2018, 10:06 PM

time frame was '64 to '68.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sounds like someplace I would really enjoy.

Jan 19, 2018, 8:38 AM

Signed,
cutigerbob®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic