Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lamar Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Lamar Jackson

Nov 12, 2019, 7:12 PM

How is he so good in the NFL?

when I saw him play against us, he couldn't hit the broadside of the barn. now he is accurate. of course he was a freak talent when it comes to rushing and its no surprise.

Is NFL coaching so much superior or good old petrino sucks. wasnt he supposed to be a qb whispered?

I have to agree that the ravens are a great organization and The elder Harbaugh is a decent coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar Jackson always was a great talent and getting better_

Nov 12, 2019, 7:21 PM

As a passer.

Seems like a decent guy too.

Re: Lamar Jackson

Nov 12, 2019, 7:33 PM

You see what you want to see. I saw him almost single handedly beat us back in 2016 with his arm and legs.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869453

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 8:23 AM

I saw that too

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 7:39 PM

I am not sure what game you watched but he sure looked like he could pass in College to me.
The only questions were could he read defenses and could He stand the beating He would get running in the NFL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 8:25 PM

He has better coaching in the NFL

Nov 12, 2019, 8:37 PM

The NFL will catch up to him in a year or sooner just like Vick! He is no Rodgers or Watson or Wilson or Mahomey but he is ok.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:45 PM

LOL

Nov 12, 2019, 8:44 PM

As a Ravens fan . . I was skeptical. I was most worried about him getting hurt. That hasn't happened yet. And watching him every game, he does have a knack for not getting hit hard. That can't be over looked and it is something most didn't know about. As a passer, he has really improved. He has always thrown a decent deep ball , and that is important. But what he has improved so much at are the middle passes. Dropping it over the shoulder, altering his arm angle to make a throw that normally wouldn't happen. Again, not to be over looked. The Ravens sent him to get some help and they also brought some people to help him, to the organisation. And also , just as important, they designed an entire offense around what he does best. How many teams do that? Yes, I had some faith that the organization would be able to make things easier for him at first, but I didn't expect so much success. Tip your hat to the Ravens, and the coaching staff, as well as the scouts and such. If you really investigate the Ravens, you will find a huge commitment on their part to make this work. And so far, they are showing how, if you know what you are doing as a n organization, it can be done. The Ravens have always been considered a great organization.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:33 PM

This Sunday will be fascinating to watch. Pulling for DW but I do admire LJ as a player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few NFL coaches realize they need to

Nov 12, 2019, 9:40 PM

Stay out of the way and let the talent rise. Step in with assistance when necessary. The rest coach from the 'Book of Paradigms'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Jackson ]

And as a fellow Ravens fan, I also expect this to be the peak of Lamar's career. Defenses will learn to game the offense and/or an injury will derail things. His throwing is actually not much improved but the Ravens have a loaded TE core and a great system for him.

Nov 13, 2019, 1:19 AM

I don't agree. His passes are much better in the short and intermediate range, compared to last year. He has always thrown deep well.

Nov 13, 2019, 2:01 AM

I'm not seeing it. He's gotten very lucky with defenders dropping picks (at least 2 in the Pats game and 2 in the Steelers game). I think it's an illusion because our receivers are so wide open all the time. A 15 yard out is just randomly thrown near the receiver and most of these have been completions thus far this year because there is no defender in sight.

Pulling hard for DW4 to win AFC and MVP

Nov 12, 2019, 11:33 PM

That said, props to Jackson who is exceeding my and most folks’ expectations of his NFL career. The young man has learned to pass and his running is Vick-plus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 11:35 PM

I hated him at UL but love him as a Raven. Perspective, I guess. Very fun to watch and he really is humble. And obviously talented.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:04 AM

The Humble part is so refreshing with the major Divas that littler the NFL.

Nov 13, 2019, 6:44 AM

He has practiced a lot over the last couple of years. He also needs to throw more than he did, so he is getting better. He has always had an amazing arm though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic