Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lady Basketball coach. I hope once the new coach is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Lady Basketball coach. I hope once the new coach is

Apr 11, 2018, 6:38 PM

announced, half of the Board will not flame away about how stupid the pick was. And, having been on this Board for a long time, history shows that this is what a lot of our “experts” will do.

Just bear in mind, Dan R. is a true professional Athletic Director. He stays in the background and lets his head coaches get all the glory. Dan does not get credit for Dabo, but he did hire Brad ( 75% flames against him for last four years), and Monte. Just saying. Dan will hire the best coach he thinks will turn our program around. And, whoever he hires, let’s give this person support.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lady Basketball coach. I hope once the new coach is

Apr 11, 2018, 7:00 PM

I totally agree that to many posters need to simply welcome the new coach instead of nitpicking the choice. The coach faces enough challenges to start.

Go Tigers!

Apr 11, 2018, 8:53 PM

And, most of the responses will be "I don't care about WBB". Suggestion --- If you don't care, it does not require a response.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 7:53 PM

DRad is doing a good job. He will not have the money to offer a sure pick. He will get a coach that he can afford. A former assistant from Clemson just got 600K to go to Ole Miss. not that kind of money on the table for this job.

Apr 11, 2018, 8:07 PM

why can't we "afford" a competitive offer? most of the costs for women's basketball (or any sport) are "fixed". they are the same regardless of how good/bad you are. things like scholarships, travel, etc are fixed costs. the variable cost is obviously salary. for the 16-17 season, the range of salary in the ACC for women's coaches was $325K- $1.2 mil, with an average of just over $600K. clemson was at the bottom. so, if you offer the average salary for the league or just a little over, you're increasing salary about $300K. Throw in another $300K for better asst and staff pay. that totals an additional $600K.. or less than 1% of our total athletic budget.

don't think its a "can we afford it" question. its a question of will we or will we allocate resources elsewhere?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually expect most replies to be "jokes"

Apr 11, 2018, 8:02 PM

About women's basketball or not knowing we had a team or even blatantly sexist stuff. But hey as long as they are making themselves chuckle.

Re: I actually expect most replies to be "jokes"

Apr 11, 2018, 8:11 PM

A woman's basketball is harder to dribble because bewbs .

Like that ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

EXPERT??? Who on God's green Earth claims to be an...

Apr 11, 2018, 8:32 PM

"expert" in WBB?

Re: EXPERT??? Who on God's green Earth claims to be an...

Apr 11, 2018, 8:55 PM

Ever heard of FGF?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Apr 11, 2018, 10:06 PM

That, plus at least one whiny post about Jim Davis

Apr 11, 2018, 8:47 PM

not being treated fairly when he was let go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Half the board don't give a rat's hooter.***

Apr 11, 2018, 8:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the other half of the board don’t give a rat’s hooter

Apr 11, 2018, 10:15 PM

how they feel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 9:18 PM

One correction: Terry Don Phillips hired Coach Brownell, not DRad.

Re: Very true but Drad gave him a controversial extension so

Apr 12, 2018, 9:56 AM

he should get some credit for what BB is doing now. It was highly question then but seems in retrospect to be correct now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic