Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LaSamuel Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,527

LaSamuel Davis

Mar 1, 2017, 7:56 PM

Anybody can spot the Isaiah Simmons' of the world, but IMHO Clemson wins because the staff also can spot and develop the LaSamuel Davis's.

I LOVED - did not like, but loved - this kid's first step; it was as explosive as a Vic Beasley or a Ricky Sapp. Talked to some coaches who knew him and they raved about his work ethic, and what a tough guy he was - the exact phrase was, he had some "dog" in him on the field. Big problem is he came in barely over 200 pounds.

You figured he was about 25-30 pounds, or probably a couple of years in Clemson's S&T and nutrition program - away from being a real contributor. Because...that first step, combined with a relentlessness on the field...well, that's what you want in a primo edge rusher, right?

Still looks too skinny, but he's put on 20+ since last year, and this is a 10+ sacks-a-season guy, easily, once his weight gets up. Because...that first step. He's past you before you even realize he's going. And that relentlessness....

Everybody always raves about the 5-stars, but it's these kind of project guys who keep turning out that are pushing Clemson over the top right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LaSamuel Davis

Mar 1, 2017, 8:12 PM

You are so spot on here! Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see him live in the opponents backfield. I heard he was smart too. That step should offset some of that lack of size.

Kinda like Renfrow- hidden gems!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much rather read these posts than

Mar 1, 2017, 8:16 PM

A lot of those funny pictures people post. Or making cute quips that cut other posters views.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I was most excited about when I saw him this year.

Mar 1, 2017, 8:33 PM

He's going to be freakish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic