Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU will look entirely different this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

LSU will look entirely different this year.

Sep 1, 2020, 8:20 PM

With Chase and Shelvin now foregoing the year, it's only getting worse as I heard rumors more players may forego this year as well.

On Offense,
- 9 Starters are gone from last year's team. The only starters returning are the RT and a WR.
- Also gone are 4 more players from the 2nd string.

On Defense,
- 7 Starters are gone from last year's team.
- Also gone are 5 more players from the 2nd string.

So, basically, 25 players are gone from their 2 deep. Throw in the loses of Dave Aranda and Joe Brady, and things can't possibly be as good on both sides of the ball.

If we have a full season of football, I'm going to guess that LSU will lose 4 games, maybe 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should take a step back, but they recruited very well.

Sep 1, 2020, 8:58 PM

As much as any team in the country, they will be depending on what Dickie V in basketball calls "Diaper Dandies."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They should take a step back, but they recruited very well.

Sep 1, 2020, 11:12 PM

They will be so bankrupt for experience, they will have to use the really old days rag diapers bc, they won't be able to afford disposable diapers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 11:58 PM

They will be so bankrupt for experience, they will have to use the really old days rag diapers bc, they won't be able to afford disposable diapers!!!

But, but, but - Won't OBJ hand out some cash to the team to buy new ones this year??? LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 3:35 AM

They definitely have a roster full of talent but they were not going to be anywhere near as good this year as they were last year. You can't replace a 5th year QB (taking one online class to maintain eligibility) living in the football operations center watching tape and practicing go routes with a 1st year starter and expect the offense to be anywhere near as good much less having to replace 9 out of the 11 starters.

LSU is a One and Done. They will be back in a couple years as a contender but they aren't going to be there year in and year out right until then.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They Will Go Back To Bein Bama's B*tch in No Time***

Sep 2, 2020, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting well is one thing..

Sep 2, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to They should take a step back, but they recruited very well. ]

but, will they be able to replace the following with equally as good people?

- Joe Burrow, who had arguably the best season a QB has ever had in 1 season. I don't know that college football will see those numbers again, for a long time, unless TL comes back again next year.

- Dave Aranda, a top 3 D coordinator in the entire country. Anything outside hiring Brent Venables was going to be a step backwards. Bo Pelini, if he does a great job will not produce better defenses than Aranda. Aranda is simply better.

- Joe Brady, the man who was the mastermind behind the LSU Offense in 2019. The college coaching world couldn't talk enough about him, and for good reason. Scott Linehan, Brady's replacement is simply not on the same level either. He's had big ups and downs in his coaching career. It'll be interesting to see how Steve Ensminger and Linehan work together.

- Jorge Munoz, the Offensive analyst left to join Aranda at Baylor. He did a LOT to help develop Joe Burrow. How good is he, Oregon heavily considered him for their Offensive coordinator role before hiring Joe Morehead.

- Those 4 people above, IMO, are just about irreplaceable.

Now, consider, that LSU set 2 records with 5 players drafted in the 1st round, and 14 overall. Within 48 hours, another 6 had signed contract bringing their total to 20....that is just a magical number that won't be replicated for a long time.

There is simply no way LSU is going to produce that amount of talent again, and have them all stay for mostly Junior and Senior years. Further, they're not going to have the same quality of a coaching staff for the foreseeable future either. Back to 2-4 losses per year for them. Still good, but not enough to win another National Championship anytime soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing Orgeron can develop is bruises

Sep 27, 2020, 5:29 PM [ in reply to They should take a step back, but they recruited very well. ]

On a woman. LSU is back to to 25 team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU will look entirely different this year.

Sep 2, 2020, 1:23 PM

I agree, it's not going to be good at all :)

Sep 2, 2020, 6:09 PM

LSU has in fact been decimated. Losses at DL and DB but those are the two deepest positions on the team.

LSU has many young guys ready to step up and star, but they can't get that done playing 4 teams in the top 11.

Expect 7-3, could be 6-4 even, but also could be 8-2 with luck, then a bowl win.

'21 will be a different story.

Sep 2, 2020, 6:14 PM

LSU coaching will not be a problem. Brady was replaced with an experienced NFL OC who will implement even more on top of that O.

Aranda was replaced with Pelini who will be every bit as good altho without the talent in '20.

For every position vacated LSU gets 100-200 applicants including many with HC and NFL experience.

So, you don't think LSU can win a national championship this season.

Sep 2, 2020, 6:26 PM

Agreed?

You Guys Are Set Up For Another New Years 6 Bowl....Grats***

Sep 2, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU will look entirely different this year. ]

Sep 3, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU will look entirely different this year. ]

NFL coaching experience doesn’t make a college coach more relevant. That sounds as dumb as when an ESPN SEC pumper opens their pie-hole, but with you I consider the source.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haaa!!!!!

Sep 27, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU will look entirely different this year. ]

You lose.

She might be right about 6-4...............***

Sep 27, 2020, 4:28 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without Saban coming in during the early 2000's, you guys

Sep 27, 2020, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU will look entirely different this year. ]

would still be playing like you did in the 1990's. You guys had seven losing seasons in the 1990's, with only three winning seasons.

Louisiana is a dump. New Orleans is a slum. I was staying in a $600 a night hotel in the French quarter for the CFP, and there were homeless people sleeping on the furniture in the hotel lobby at 6:00 a.m.

I can also get Gumbo at a dozen restaurants in S.C. that is better than the Gumbo I ate each of the four restaurants in the French quarter over the CFP Title weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect there’s gonna be a lot of tears on the corn dogs***

Sep 3, 2020, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU will look entirely different this year. ]

Still Will Smell of Corndog Though***

Sep 2, 2020, 8:17 PM

Re: Still Will Smell of Corndog Though***

Sep 3, 2020, 12:38 AM

You guys just wish you could smell the Jambalaya, Gumbo, Sauce Piquante, Etoufee, Boudin etc etc we eat at every home game.

We have dippin dots***

Sep 3, 2020, 8:32 AM

Sep 3, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Still Will Smell of Corndog Though*** ]

He'e right about that. We used to live in NOLA....

Sep 3, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Still Will Smell of Corndog Though*** ]

How does Boudin smell mix with prostitutes, track marks and vomit? It’s important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 8:11 PM

How does Boudin smell mix with prostitutes, track marks and vomit? It’s important.

When you got nothing else to say, INSULT!

You have obviously never been to a game at LSU.

Sep 3, 2020, 9:10 PM

Is it deliberate or do you really not remember this exact same exchange in a previous thread, you and I?

What insult? What I know about LSU is because I HAVE been there... Need to get out more corn dog.

Sep 4, 2020, 1:27 PM

Is it deliberate or do you really not remember this exact same exchange in a previous thread, you and I?

What insult? What I know about LSU is because I HAVE been there... Need to get out more corn dog.

If you have been there you know that your characterization was a lie.

Sep 4, 2020, 1:48 PM

A lie? How does an opinion translate to a lie? You sing songs about sucking Johnson’s with children in tow, prostitutes are EVERYWHERE and the drug dealers are next to them. I can get anything NO has To offer that isn’t illegal or glutenous whenever I want. Well, except for those corn dogs.

It’s fun to imagine you’re New Orleans when you’re

Sep 4, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Still Will Smell of Corndog Though*** ]

Actually white trash

Yes they will... and it’s 3 words that tells you what they had

Sep 27, 2020, 8:43 PM

1. Year. Wonders.

Every team in college football outside of Clemson, Alabama and maybe a couple others would take that. They are back to average or slightly above average this year... Alabama will smoke them this year and they’ll lose 4 or 5 games. Could be bad for recruiting although they always bring in talent outside of QB, Joe Burrow was transfer that turned great. He is a very good QB and Cincinnati has their guy for next 10 years, IF they can keep him healthy ?????

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic