Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU top offensive line - total disregard of stat evidence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

LSU top offensive line - total disregard of stat evidence

Dec 20, 2019, 9:10 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/lsu-wins-joe-moore-award-for-nations-top-offensive-line/ar-BBYaqkO

You can check the statistics for yourself on this Football Outsiders site:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol/2019

But here is the gist of of it:

1. They measure O-Line performance along 9 statistical categories(see site for explanations)
Clemson is #1 in four of them. And they are top ten in 7 of them.

2. There are only two measures in which Clemson is not in the top ten.
Power Success Rate and Passing Downs Sack Rate

3. Of the four finalists (Bama, LSU OSU Oregon) only two of them ranked above Clemson in ANY one
of the 9 categories.
(LSU had a Power Success Rate of 79% - #22 Clemson had a 75% - #45)
(Bama had a Passing Downs Sack Rate of 2.7% - #4 Clemson was 5.3% - #26)

4. Clemson's rankings in the 9 categories were: 1 1 1 1 46 2 4 6 26
LSU's rankings were 13 8 84 20 22 46 65 81 62
OSU's rankings were 3 16 5 9 5 7 100 19 112
Bama;s rankings were 18 9 98 5 40 44 9 39 4
Oregon's rankings were 3 16 5 9 5 7 100 19 112

I generally ignore all of the claims of anti-Clemson bias on this site, but DAAAAAAAMN this is a glaring miscarriage of recognition.

I still don't think that the coaches and sportswriters that vote on these awards hate Clemson.
I think they are lazy and unprofessional. They get the ballots in their e-mail and they vote for the most established names that pop into their little heads.

Maybe that's why coaches don't seem to see these awards as anything more than a way to fill the time and column space between the regular season and the bowl season. After all, they gotta write about something (or they won't get paid) and this kind of crap is easy on them.

Still, it pissesmeoff that our guys work so hard and don't get the recognition that they have earned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU top offensive line - total disregard of stat evidence

Dec 20, 2019, 9:36 AM

Crazy that Ohio State and Oregon's rankings were exactly the same across the board!

In all seriousness though, I definitely think we should've been a finalist, but replace Clemson with UCF during their undefeated year. We would've said they compiled all those stats and rankings against inferior competition. That is what they are saying about us. We haven't played any good D-lines all year, so it essentially isn't the same as what those other teams did against much better competition.

I don't agree with it... we still played a P5 schedule and dominated it, but I really hope our OL is aware of the snub and takes it out on Ohio St and (likely) LSU in the CFP. I would LOVE to hold Chase Young without a sack a week from tomorrow!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2019, 7:47 PM

Yeah, I screwed up and can't edit it. Sorry.

Easy man.. the rule is: Any time stats don't support

Dec 20, 2019, 9:41 AM

The agenda you want to push turn to eye test.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apparently you failed to factor in the

Dec 20, 2019, 9:44 AM

"ain't played nobody" adjustment.

Dec 20, 2019, 9:45 AM

Our OL simply has to prove themselves in the next two games. This can be accomplished by accumulating significant running yardage and minimal (no?) sacks. They can do it!

Dec 20, 2019, 10:04 AM

I get the gist of this but in the end stats don't matter--only points do. ETN "only" had 86 yds vs Bama last year. TL was sacked twice against VA in ACCCG. DW4 threw two picks in 2016 Fiesta vs OH St. Didn't matter.

NOBODY will remember who was the supposed 2019 top O-Line, D-Line or whatever. They WILL remember who won the Natty. They remember 31-0 and they surely remember 44-16!!

Is great motivation though--I hope.

Dec 20, 2019, 9:57 AM

Most people don't even recognize any of these awards. Just a big sham. I wouldn't miss a beat over any of this crap. People remember the Heistman and the Natty. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're forgetting the all-important

Dec 20, 2019, 10:01 AM

"eye test."

Dec 20, 2019, 10:46 AM

These people that are presenting these awards are doing us a huge favor. This is much more effective from meaningless bulletin board material from a stupid fan or opposing player.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're still ridin' the ROY bus.***

Dec 20, 2019, 10:49 AM

Dec 20, 2019, 10:56 AM

My "eye test" says our O-line is definitely better that Ohio State's.

Oregon has the best O-line in the country. After them, we and Alabama are pretty close.

Ohio State's O-line probably isn't top 4 IMO.

Dec 21, 2019, 7:53 AM

Bias is so real it stinks...they all hate to hand out anything to little ole Clemson...the SEC is obviously the powerhouse and should get all the awards...SEC has to prove that the Bama destruction was a fluke...that's out so now we will anoint a new king LSU and crown them with all the awards and if Clemson should beat them (God forbid Oklahoma...lets go find some Ostraline, or Ovaltine or something)! The large stack of SEC goats have to eat the fodder and it has to taste like SEC...a little OSU or Oregon can be thrown in! Dabo gives praise to God on national TV and instantly the major media outlets all crapped in their drawers (notice any parallels to politics) and decided to keep Dabo out as much as possible...sure hope Dabo is doing everything exactly right because CBS, ABC (ESPN) NBC will have investigators out trying to dig up dirt on Clemson...don't forget what happened to little ole SMU (they got the Broyles award early) and Clemson under Danny! All these statistical evidence means nothing to those with an agenda...The proof was 44-16 but remember the major networks and their minions need no proof, an agenda is self fulfilling!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic