Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU O
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

LSU O

Dec 30, 2019, 11:49 AM

LSU got to the dance late, stuck behind a coach who couldn't change and poor recruiting at QB and OL. Coach O set out to change it and did.

LA grows skill players, but OL and QBs not so much. Gotta find them OOS.

Going into the season the OL was suspect, couldn't blow peeps off the ball. IS STILL THE CASE! LSU OL simply can't be counted on to move the line forward, and don't have a hammer RB to get the 1 yd.

Somehow, however, the new OL coach got these guys to play together, mostly Pass Protection but also open holes. Getting the Moore Award for Best OL from this bunch was amazing.

TE is strong, Moss (son of Randy) can catch and is a devastating blocker. Set the LSU record for receiving for a TE but at LSU that don't say a lot.

RB, got 1 and some talented guys with potential. Potential means they ain't done it yet. CEH is an amazing little guy w/ fantastic hands, great at picking up blitzes and is has telepathy w/ QB, excellent safety valve. He catches everything and refuses to go down before he gets the 1st.

WRs are excellent. Chasse (Biletnikoff winner) gets more pub but the 3 have 18, 18 and 12 TDs. The 12 is by Marshall who has been out injured and was expected to be the best this year. When OU doubled Chase the other 2 got it done. All 3 are fast, tall and physical, in tune w/ QB and can catch. 2 should be 1st rd choices, many will get to NFL. The #5 and #6 WRs are Srs and have been invited to Post Season All Star games. All 3 top guys demand dbl coverage

QB is in a zone that should have ended but hasn't. All-state PG, he got agility. Seems to glide about the pocket, eluding rushers while always seeing downfield, picks up 2, 3, 4, 5th receivers. 77+% completion for the season, on track to set NCAA record. When blitzed he gets the ball out quickly. LSU will use 5 man protection, putting 5 in routes, and he is able to get the ball out in time. Joe won the Heisman by a record margin and deserved it.

Against a normal D this is a One Trick Pony. To slow it down some have gone to 3-1 w/ 7 DBs, that is when LSU can run the ball. The pass sets up the run or we got no run. CEH avg 6.6 npc, no one else is over 5.

This is not meant to flame or argue, just an objective look at what you will see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look for a good game

Dec 30, 2019, 12:02 PM

I don't think our defense will be only sending 3 and playing prevent the whole game. Our offense id really good as well. I hope the tigers win. The orange ones.

Go Tigers Tame bengles.

Re: I look for a good game

Dec 30, 2019, 12:24 PM

Yep no way can Clemson survive rushing 3. You have to pick your poison with Burrow. The oline has been playing terrific as well. While Burrow isn't a runner like Hurts, he is a mobile qb and when the play isn't there he will get chunks of yards. He definitely isn't a statue. CEH will keep the LB's honest. He has over 50 catches for the year and so he will be a handful. He is also a very good blocker.

more

Dec 30, 2019, 4:28 PM [ in reply to I look for a good game ]

cu81grad said:

I don't think our defense will be only sending 3 and playing prevent the whole game. Our offense id really good as well. I hope the tigers win. The orange ones.

Go Tigers Tame bengles.

LSU uses the RPO, Run Pass Option. QB sticks ball in RBs belly, reads the LBs & Ss, either hands off if they drop or throws if they come up.

What makes Burrow different is his quick and accurate reads. He decides stat and rarely makes a bad decision. Rush 3 and he's patient, waits for WRs to get loose. Bring heat and ball is out now.

Joe runs surprisingly well, fast enuf that DBs don't catch him from behind. He leads the nation in 1st down QB run %.

Re: more

Dec 30, 2019, 9:34 PM

Shocker someone talks actual sports in here. Lol. Most guys in here are jokesters.
Good luck.

Re: LSU O

Dec 30, 2019, 12:06 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401135295

Thanks for the in depth analysis!

Dec 30, 2019, 12:15 PM

Although, it may be more subjective than objective...

I don't know why someone thumbed you down...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please hold up.My nerves are shook already!

Dec 30, 2019, 12:19 PM

I'm still trying to process the LSU Bestest Defense Ever...

We’re doomed.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:20 PM

Maybe I should go over to CornDogNet and let them know my thoughts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: We’re doomed.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:31 PM

CornDogNet

An Iowa State reference?

Re: We’re doomed.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:26 AM

You don't know about the bs Katy perry started with the corn dogs and lsu?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're DOOMED!***

Dec 30, 2019, 12:31 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2019, 12:34 PM

Chicken or the egg question. Is the offense doing well because of the quality of the players, or do the players seem better because of the offense (system)? I imagine the answer is somewhere in the middle, but the more the answer is skewed towards the system, the more a defensive scheme can answer it.

It's interesting that the 2 DC's are the highest paid assistants in the country. I expect there to be a lot of wrinkles from both teams on both sides of the ball with 2 weeks to prepare. If either of us just show the same thing as the previous 14 games that team will likely be on the losing end.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:51 PM

I’m not really understanding why you are taking the time to write this wall of test here. Are you trying to convince yourself?

TL;LR

This is not meant to flame or argue, just an objective look at peculiar behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait.. You said Louisiana don't grow OL?

Dec 30, 2019, 8:59 PM

How about this big un?....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Johnson

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stats are for Losers, Trophies are for Cu Tigers

Dec 30, 2019, 9:05 PM

WE DO THIS !

Dec 30, 2019, 9:16 PM

We had your O coordinator/ QB coach back in '97 and '98. Those were possibly the two worst years of offense in the last 35 years of Clemson Football and got our head coach fired.

Our current QB coach was brought up under Steve Ensminger during that time BTW, sorry for his loss.

That being said you have the best Oline in CFB and a great QB. We have Brent Venables. This will be fun.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 9:25 PM

Joe Brady is the difference. Without him, probably no Heisman and no undefeated LSU.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:25 PM

14-1 is a excellent season, next year when the fluke is over and LSU is back to normal.
You can at least say you got beat by the kings of CFB

Dec 30, 2019, 9:29 PM

No doubt y'all have been amazing this year on O and y'alls D has been great the last few games. We will have to get pressure on Burrow and our DBs will have to cover very well. Should be a great game. We need our O to score early for sure.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:37 PM

No doubt y'all have been amazing this year on O and y'alls D has been great the last few games. We will have to get pressure on Burrow and our DBs will have to cover very well. Should be a great game. We need our O to score early for sure.

My goodness, thanks. No dumb stereotypical characterizations. No Iowa "Corndog" references. . . . and a hint of football discussion.

Do you risk getting banned for that kind of thing?

Dec 30, 2019, 11:59 PM

It is rare for sure but I don't like to talk crap. I will talk football and discuss opinions tho. I do believe we will win but I am certainly a little worried and I believe LSU is slightly better than OSU so we will have to play better than Saturday. No denying what LSU has done on O this year. Our D will have to show up and play it's best and probably need our O to score a good bit.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU O ]

We will need more than just the Db's to cover well.
Need about 3 more Simmons back there

Dec 30, 2019, 9:33 PM

Thanks for stopping by with that in-depth analysis. Haven’t seen LSU play much this year, so really appreciate your insight. Burrow does seem to process reads ridiculously well. Being mobile and very accurate is also tough.

Hoping our D-coordinator BV can dial up some magic that completely took Tua and his “best receiving corps in the history of college football” completely out of their game last year. However, I realize the LSU offense poses a tremendous challenge. Here’s to a good game, and thanks again for stopping by.

Hey Corndogs!

Dec 30, 2019, 9:49 PM

You’re about to run into THE Defending And 14 & 0 National Champs From Clemson carrying a 29-0 win record..

With the overall best coaching staff in America..

So you & your Boys better strap it on and be ready to rumble!

Oh, Ohio St Says hellO & goodbye!

Go CLEMSON TiGERs from Death Valley #1.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU O ]

Haven’t seen LSU play much this year

Nor have most of us seen a lot of Clemson until Saturday. Tons of respect based on your last 3 vs Bama.

If it brings its A-game, LSU will be a bigger challenge than most posters here seem to recognize.

In that regard I don't get the continuous Dabo we're-put-upon, we're-under-appreciated, we're-an-underdog BS. But whatever motivates he team I guess.

If the effort is to impact LSU's view of Clemson, it won't work. You guys disassembled Bama last Jan, are reigning Nat'l Champs, and are 29-0. The woe-is-me stuff is odd.

It’s simple.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:33 PM

We wouldn’t even be in the playoffs this year if teams ahead of us hadn’t lost. Again, we are the undefeated national champs.

I don’t recall any other undefeated national champ ever dropping in the polls. It used to require a loss to drop.

In addition, we had no players invited to the Heisman ceremony. No coaches as finalists for any awards. All we’ve heard about all year is how we don’t play anyone and aren’t as good as LSU, Ohio State, etc.

Perhaps you now understand just how perplexing it is for a team on the incredible streak of success and dominance we are on to be discredited so much. It’s maddening. And most of us feel that if we were a blue blood, large state school, SEC member, etc., we would be given more respect.

Dabo is playing the disrespect card, because it’s reality. That’s okay, we know who we are and what we are about.

Looking forward to our matchup in a couple of weeks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Xactly!***

Dec 31, 2019, 12:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s simple.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:06 AM [ in reply to It’s simple. ]

We wouldn’t even be in the playoffs this year if teams ahead of us hadn’t lost. Again, we are the undefeated national champs.

I don’t recall any other undefeated national champ ever dropping in the polls. It used to require a loss to drop.

In addition, we had no players invited to the Heisman ceremony. No coaches as finalists for any awards. All we’ve heard about all year is how we don’t play anyone and aren’t as good as LSU, Ohio State, etc.

Perhaps you now understand just how perplexing it is for a team on the incredible streak of success and dominance we are on to be discredited so much. It’s maddening. And most of us feel that if we were a blue blood, large state school, SEC member, etc., we would be given more respect.

Dabo is playing the disrespect card, because it’s reality. That’s okay, we know who we are and what we are about.

Looking forward to our matchup in a couple of weeks!

The job of the Committee is to evaluate the performance of THIS team, not the '18 team. Your streak of dominance isn't 2019.

No one has said that your team isn't excellent, they just demand that you demonstrate it before you are given the ranking.

When accomplishments were totaled, Clem didn't have wins over strong teams. They FAILED TO EARN the top ranking in '19.

Clem has a strong team, one of the top 3, and will get a chance to earn the top spot in 2 weeks.

(Even then it is frustrating for those of us who play many excellent teams every year to watch a team almost get a bye to The Playoffs every year.)

Re: It’s simple.

Dec 31, 2019, 5:33 AM

You came here all 'nice and stuff', then lay down 'Clem' and a 'bye to the playoffs'. Your true colors came shining through. Looks like trash talk is EXACTLY why you came here. Oh, well...it's a free board...enjoy yourself.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we will be lucky to get one stop

Dec 30, 2019, 9:50 PM

and also be lucky to gain a yard on your defense..guess we should just stay home

Re: we will be lucky to get one stop

Dec 30, 2019, 10:00 PM

and also be lucky to gain a yard on your defense..guess we should just stay home

??????

Dec 30, 2019, 10:13 PM

I'm looking for Clemson to play a 3-3-5 in this game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 11:45 PM

Excellent analysis. Our offense is legit. I only hope someone is learning from Brady. No way he stays long term. He has NFL dreams. This kind of success is new for us.

5000 yd passer
2 - 1000 yd receivers
1 - 1200 yd back.

Dec 31, 2019, 5:00 AM

It’s unfortunate to say that the LSU O will have success against us. More in particular in the air due to our inability to get pressure on the QB from the DL...I have been very disappointed in the play of XT this season...He’s been virtually non existent.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic