Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU Fans Story (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,790

LSU Fans Story (long)

Jul 6, 2013, 10:07 PM

Leaving for vacation today with my family and we all are wearing our Clemson stuff.

A family is sitting behind us on the plane with a couple little kids probably around 9 or 10 years old. When our plane lands and we are waiting to get off the plane, I can hear the two kids behind me saying, "What team is that?" talking about my brother's orange Clemson baseball hat. They then see his purple football shirt with "Clemson" across the front and one of them says "Oh . It's Clemson (pronounced it Clemzin, by the way)." The other kid followed up by whispering to his brother "Of all the teams to pick, why Clemson?"

I then turned around and looked at both of them and said , "Cuz they're the best of course." They both kinda gave a sarcastic grin and one of them said to me , "Yeah we don't really like Clemson." I asked why not?

The kid looked at me with a disappointed look on his face and said , "Because you guys beat us in the Chick-fil-a Bowl this year..."

Ahhhhh that felt good ;)

But of course I held it together and just told them , "Yeah, but hey it was a good game." They agreed, saying "Yeah 25-24."

I told them that us Clemson fans like LSU as long as they beat South Carolina.
Both kids , as little as they are, both said , "Oh yeah, don't worry, we always beat them."

HA!! Loved it! Told them beating Georgia is also good. I left them with a "Go Tigers" (I'm not even sure if it was meant for us, LSU, or both).

Just a story I thought I'd share with TNet.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU Fans Story (long)

Jul 6, 2013, 10:26 PM

Maybe they aren't so bad after all.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU Fans Story (long)

Jul 6, 2013, 11:16 PM

The few I ran into before , during and after the Peach Fil A game seemed respectable . I guess it is just the SEC nudhugger fans in our own state that don't know how to win/lose with dignity or humility.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

To your South Carolina comment...

Jul 8, 2013, 1:19 PM

Did they say "We'll do our part, and you do yours?" Because that's what I would've said to turn that conversation around.

Be careful who you make that SC comment to right now. Might set yourself up with that one.

Great story***

Jul 8, 2013, 2:20 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic