Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU 2019 = Auburn 2010
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,049

LSU 2019 = Auburn 2010

Jan 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

Magical season with a one and done transcendent QB. They will quickly fade back to mediocrity with no sustainability.

Hats off to them for being the better team that night, but I much prefer what Dabo has built.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think LSU will be back in the playoff within 4 years.

Jan 20, 2020, 1:59 PM

So I'm not gonna compare them to Auburn.

But, I don't see any sort of Bama/Clemson/Ohio St/Oklahoma type of run for them.

Those teams are (obviously Bama/Clemson even moreso) like 3/4 years in the playoff. I think LSU is more like 1/4 years, which is still really, really good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time will tell but...

Jan 20, 2020, 2:01 PM

they've haven't done anything in the last ten-ish years to even remotely support your contention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think LSU and UGA have recruited so well, that at some

Jan 20, 2020, 2:08 PM

point, they will beat Bama. We've already seen UGA do it. We just saw LSU do it.

More times than not, it will be Bama. But I think prob 1 every 4 years, you're gonna see LSU and UGA lurking around. Could be another year where the SEC gets 2 teams in.

Auburn, FSU, Louisville almost, there are years where

Jan 20, 2020, 2:12 PM

a team hits that sweet spot where they're nearly unbeatable. They then can ride that to a natty and beat a dynasty team. But then they fall off again and never get back.

Dabo is not building us to win a natty every year. That's an unrealistic goal. His goal is to be in the playoffs consistently. That's all. Do that, you have a chance and you will get your fair share of nattys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Clemson, Ohio St, and Bama have separated themselves

Jan 20, 2020, 2:17 PM

and my hunch is that Ohio St will be able to sustain it. Sure, some of that is that they have a leg up on the Big 10 similar to Clemson having a leg up on the ACC.

It is a hair more difficult in the SEC West. I'm not some SEC apologist, and some years it's not more difficult in the SEC because you're more likely to get a free pass. 12-1 in the SEC is probably easier than 13-0 in the ACC. It's hard to win them all.

But, I think if you're looking at who the team is if Bama starts to falter a little... LSU and UGA will have chances. Auburn has not been to a playoff. I would think LSU gets back to the playoff within the next 5 years. So, I don't see them the same as Auburn.

I took a look at the teams to make the CFP every year

Jan 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

Clemson and Bama are tied with 5 appearances. Bama missed this last one, and we missed the first one. But 5 times each team made it into the playoff. Then next up you have Ohio State and Oklahoma with 3 appearances each.

Then you have UGA, Washington, FSU, LSU, Michigan State, Oregon, and ND who made it in for a single year.

But Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio State are the best and most consistent programs.

Now UGA is due for an appearance, maybe ND or Oregon again. But Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, those are the four best programs in college football, LSU notwithstanding.

I just don't see LSU getting on a tear with multiple playoff appearances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU 2019 = Auburn 2010

Jan 20, 2020, 1:59 PM

Cam Newton acted more mature than Joe Borrowed. And that’s saying something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Tend to agree, but we will see.

Jan 20, 2020, 2:08 PM

If they make it back to the playoffs you will not see OBJ giving gifts or being on the field.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic