Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU - Eye test or Analytics?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

LSU - Eye test or Analytics?

Nov 17, 2019, 4:41 PM

I'm confused. I've watched them play this year, especially the past two weeks. I've seen them give up 78 points, including 37 to a 4-7 team which hasn't scored that many points in any other game this year except against SE LA.

The eye test tells me their D is suspect, or worse. Analytics tells me they are 47th in scoring D and 44th in total D.

So, why are they ranked 1 (or maybe 2) this week and all the "experts" are saying they are "clearly better" than Clemson?

Total O: LSU 2, Clemson 3, Ohio State 4
Total D: Ohio St 1, Clemson 2, LSU 47

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is the media's latest love child from the $-EZ.***

Nov 17, 2019, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They will continue to build them up and we will beat them.

Nov 17, 2019, 4:51 PM

Unfortunately at that point, they will be tired, or injured, or . . .

Re: They will continue to build them up and we will beat them.

Nov 17, 2019, 5:03 PM

As sickening as that sounds, it is what will be said when they lose to Clemson. I doubt that the playoff spots will stay as now, but if they did, and LSU and UGA has to play each other in the playoff, what will their excuse be for the loser of that game. Answer= one had to travel farther than the other!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU - Eye test or Analytics?

Nov 17, 2019, 4:59 PM

LSU is the ESECPN darling this year. Their QB will get the Heisman and they will get top media coverage and seeding going into the playoffs. Then, just like last year, lil darling will lose to Clemson by 30 in the playoff. OSU is the only team arguably playing on Clemson's level that I can see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 5:02 PM

I hope Clemson gets to play them in the playoffs. Clemson offense would score 60 on that D, and I have confidence that Clemson's defense wouldn’t allow those receivers to run past their secondary or that undersized RB to run free very often at all. It’ll be just like last year’s playoff games!

Nov 17, 2019, 5:39 PM

I don't, I hope to see Clemson and LSU in the NCG. We have beat OSU everytime we have played them, and we have beat LSU once since Dabo has been our HC, and that was in 2012, and we only beat them by 1 point, 25-24 with a field Goal at the end of the game, so, I would love for us to play LSU in the NCG and beat them. That would mean that little ole Clemson has played and won 3 out of 4 NCG's in the past 4 years, and have beat an SEC Team in all 3 of our NC wins. That is being on the top of the mountain and knocking the big bad SEC teams off the mountain when they try and knock us/Clemson off!!! I want us playing LSU in the NCG over any team in the SEC or in college FB!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 5:50 PM

The narrative (that's the key word this year) is "resume". And if you believe every poll from July to November is an accurate depiction of how a team performs, then resume makes sense. However, we know them beating a Florida team that struggled to beat Miami should hold minimum weight. Just like UGA is reward for beating the same FL team plus Notre Dame. OK, if ND is good, then reward VT for being a 3-loss team with respectable wins and going toe-to-toe with ND. If Penn State is a good team, then reward Pitt who beat UCF and went toe-to-toe with Penn St.

I had an UGA buddy defend LSU ranking with resume argument saying they beat 4 top 10 teams. I said I only see 1 team they beat in top 10. He said, well, when they beat them they were. Exactly my point - look at the resume come Dec 8. If OSU wins out, they will have the better resume. But I honestly don't know if LSU gets by UGA in the SEC Champ game.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:52 PM

SEC teams get graded on a curve because they are all so darned awesome.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:49 PM

LSU may fall this week. They don't play any other teams that can help them the rest of the season. They have 3 wins over CFP top 25 teams, until this week they were the only team to have 3 CFP wins. Georgia hit that mark this week with the "win" over Auburn.

Clemson has no wins over CFP top25, if A&M gets in the top 25 this week then we will have 1 win over CFP Tope 25. Depending on who we play in the ACC Championship we may or may not have a quality matchup.

We win we're in... that simple. Keep it week to week. Dabo and team are good at keeping the team focused.

I'd say the rhetoric is toned down this season.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:54 PM

Last year they had Alabama ranked 1, 2. 3, 4 and 5. I guess the 44-16 beatdown may have made served to calm them a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic