Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, it's been a weekend of highs and lows.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 711

Man, it's been a weekend of highs and lows.....

Nov 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

On the highs, my daughter had her first lax tourney with her club team down in Alpharetta....she's a lax goalie in 8th grade, and I've known she's really good, but I guess she was on fire at this tournament. One game left to play and she has about an 80% save percent (stops 8 out of every 10 shots taken on her---that's elite level for Lax) against some high level competition. So far my wife's had two private schools (one in Nashville and one in Memphis) offer for tuition to be covered if she attends there, and there are two recruiters for small colleges watching this morning. Proud dad doesn't begin to describe my state of mind.

On the flipside, I stayed in Nashville to watch my son's high school lax tourney yesterday. 2 minutes into the second game, this dirty SOB came from his blindside when he was about to shoot and cross-checked him right under his helmet in the jaw. He went down, hit his head hard on the ground, and was out for about a minute. Took him to Dr and it's a mild concussion....his head is hurting today and he's generally dizzy. No reason he shouldn't recover completely, but its freaking me out a little and it was absolutely horrible to watch in real time.

Anyways, I guess in advance of HWYW tomorrow, when you average the 10 for my daughter and the 0 for my son, it was a solid 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for your son's full recovery.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

and congrats on your daughter's play and future scholarship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man, much appreciated***

Nov 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope your son gets better fast and as for your..........

Nov 3, 2019, 11:02 AM

daughter....you go girl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alpharetta GA?

Nov 4, 2019, 10:17 AM

that seems like a commute

hope your son is back at out it soon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Milton, to be precise. :-)

Nov 4, 2019, 10:51 AM

If you want to play high level lacrosse that gets you in front of college coaches, you gotta go where the beautiful people are---sad but true. I've hated and ranted and railed against travel sports forever, but now that the girl's actually good enough to play in college, I've run out of ways for her to get there if she just plays locally. Just ain't nobody that's anybody in this sport coming to Middle TN.

I looked at her schedule for next summer. They have 10 days in Vail and Denver. My wallet is already screaming.

well that is at least a couple of miles closer***

Nov 4, 2019, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Man, it's been a weekend of highs and lows.....

Nov 4, 2019, 10:34 AM

A word to the wise...

If given the choices between Memphis and Nashville...think of Nashville as Clemson and Memphis as Columbia.

A visit to Memphis (leaving your valuables at home) will tell you all all need to know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....I've been to Memphis amigo.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:43 AM

The offer from Hutchison was more of an ego stroke than ever an actual consideration.

Hope your son is ok!....I was actually thinking this...

Nov 4, 2019, 11:03 AM

weekend what it must have been like for my parents to watch my football games.

Was knocked out cold a few times and had 2 bad knee injuries. Didn't appreciate at the time what that must have been like.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a different feeling for sure. Instead of wanting to

Nov 4, 2019, 11:07 AM

give the offending kid a roundhouse kick to the face first thing and then strangling out the parents who raised him, those feelings moved to #2 and #3 on the list after the well being of my son. It's weird how a murderous rage can take a back seat to concern.

He's out of school today still. Massive headache and can't stand up without the room spinning. I really hope he's well enough to go to school this week.

Many many years ago I got ran ............

Nov 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

over at home plate by a guy 100 lbs heavier than me. A broken jaw and a severe concussion. I couldn't stand without help for about 3 weeks.

Watch after him as I know you will. Plus these days the medical field knows much more than back in the day.

On a another note it's amazing no pervy Lungers asked for pics of your daughter. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did a teammate on Son of's team

Nov 4, 2019, 11:08 AM

do the respectable thing and hit the other guy with a stick?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not found that out yet, but if there's a player on

Nov 4, 2019, 11:09 AM

his team with a gonad to their name, that kid should've been leveled after we departed.

Now that I am a parent as well, I get a real sick feeling

Nov 4, 2019, 11:51 AM

every time I see a player injured. Even Coot players. Cannot imagine watching my own child getting helped/carried off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying that you need the name of a Tennessee-based

Nov 4, 2019, 11:54 AM

motorcycle enthusiast looking to make a few extra dollars for his club by selling vengeance?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sheesh, if I only knew someone who knew such a man.***

Nov 4, 2019, 1:03 PM

hoping your son completely recovers. I have a 8 yo. What

Nov 4, 2019, 1:28 PM

may happen in the future scares me. I'm extremely protective probably since my infant daughter passed. If I lost him, I wouldn't want to live.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that man

Nov 4, 2019, 10:13 PM

Gotta be hard to find the just protective enough sweet spot in that scenario.

Replies: 18
| visibility 711
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic