Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cootvegas be like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Cootvegas be like

Sep 19, 2017, 2:52 PM
image.jpg(146.5 K)

I can't believe we lost to Kentucky for the fourth time in a row.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cootvegas be like

Sep 19, 2017, 2:55 PM

You ought to be a 'coot' fan because you even have Coot in your screenname and it is basically the only thing you talk about. I don't think about SC other than during the 1 game a year Clemson plays them.

Don't think any SC fan could come up with screenname ClemVegas. I think I coined the term.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this be like***

Sep 19, 2017, 2:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Response be like

Sep 19, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

Coined the term? That sounds right since it doesn't make sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 3:07 PM

Where have you seen the term ClemVegas used? I have never seen it.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:15 PM

Smh, it wasn't a question to you, it was rhetorical.

More like

Sep 19, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

I think Clemson is not a historically elite program, but striving to be so.

I think Carolina is not a historically elite program and are as lost as an easter egg in finding their way out of mediocrity.

Your opinion?

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 3:06 PM

my point is I don't care about Carolina, you guys are obsessed with it so you m ight as well be fans. You can probably describe a fire hydrant near the SC stadium in great detail.

I don't care if Clemson is considered 'elite' or not. I'm going to watch the games regardless.

But do you consider Clemson Elite?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:16 PM

Whether or not they deserve a trophy, would YOU consider Clemson an elite program?

TIGER BALLS.

Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:19 PM

Clemson has had great seasons in recent years and great seasons in the past especially the 80s. I don't see the point in calling it an elite program and it seems probably Clemson will have mediocre and bad seasons at some point in the future. Every team has a clean slate every season.

Chris Fowler disagrees with you

Sep 19, 2017, 3:23 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Chris-Fowler-Clemson-is-elite-and-isnt-going-anywhere-15524

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you

Sep 19, 2017, 3:25 PM

This is my point, you guys crave validation and adulation from sports media. lol Chris Fowler has no idea what will happen in the future.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:28 PM

This is my point, you aren't understanding what we are saying. We are at an elite level right now. 5, 10, etc. years from now we may not be elite. But you can bet your ### we will look back on this time as the golden age of Clemson University football.

This also does not show anyone craving validation and adulation from sports media, it's a refute to your claim that we are somehow not elite at this given time. How does that escape you?

I TD'd you for saying "you guys"

Sep 19, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you ]

coot

Sep 19, 2017, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you ]

> This is my point, you guys crave validation and
> adulation from sports media. lol Chris Fowler has
> no idea what will happen in the future.

you guys? The masquarade is up dude!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

It's all clear now.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

TIGER BALLS.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

You "don't see the point" in it but you sure as hell want to argue for points against it over and over and over again.

We are at an elite period in our program. The 80's were an elite period for this program. That's how things work sometimes and it's ok to admit it and enjoy the ride.

In the future Clemson will have average seasons, however, it doesn't seem probable that it will occur any time soon.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:30 PM

> You "don't see the point" in it but you sure as hell
> want to argue for points against it over and over and
> over again.
>
> We are at an elite period in our program. The 80's
> were an elite period for this program. That's how
> things work sometimes and it's ok to admit it and
> enjoy the ride.
>
> In the future Clemson will have average seasons,
> however, it doesn't seem probable that it will occur
> any time soon.

I'm not sure why you think that I'm not 'enjoying the ride'. I don't feel the need to characterize Clemson as an 'elite' program?

you come across as rather stupid, yet somehow believing that

Sep 19, 2017, 3:31 PM

your stupidity gives you some special insight that the 99.9% around you have missed.

interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: you come across as rather stupid, yet somehow believing that

Sep 19, 2017, 3:33 PM

you are the redneck that can't spell dear correctly, right?

Deer ClemVegas,

You dumb.

i rest my case. thank you.***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: you come across as rather stupid, yet somehow believing that ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

Because you certainly aren't acting like you're enjoying the ride and are accusing Clemson fans of craving attention/adoration and being boastful of our programs elite status?

Fans that are happy don't do that.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:34 PM

I am pointing out that you are bragging, which is true. You can 'enjoy the ride' without obnoxious bragging. It's just a game.

five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:35 PM

Re: five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:37 PM

Another false accusation that I'm a coot. Do you ever think about anything other than the coots? It seems sports attracts people who want to hate something.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:38 PM

If you didin't like it when the 'coots' bragged during their big 5 peat, why do you do it when Clemson is winning. lol

Sep 19, 2017, 3:39 PM

I'm not gonna apologize for not bragging about my team when it plays well and mocking fans that do brag. #VirtueSignal

#PajamaBoy***

Sep 19, 2017, 3:42 PM

Sep 19, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

Please point out where I was "bragging," as well as how anyone could brag on a Clemson message board to other Clemson fans.

"Hey other Clemson fan, my team is elite, suck it!"

See, doesn't make sense. Also was not being obnoxious, the "suck it" part in my ridiculous example above would be obnoxious. But talking with a fellow Clemson fan and saying, "Hey, we're an elite program right now," is 100% not obnoxious.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:48 PM

I mean let's go back to the start, you're on a Clemson message board (the defending national champions) and you don't think fans are going to be proud of the accomplishments of the past few years and the culmination of those leading to us having an elite status right now?

I mean, do you not see the issue there with your logic?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:54 PM

I love how you point out that Clemson won the natty last year. lol Who knew?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:56 PM

I love how you posted a reply to my post but didn't address anything in it except for a small bit that was in parenthesis. How neat!

Sep 19, 2017, 3:57 PM

It is because you keep talking down to me. Why do you need to state Clemson won the title last year.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:00 PM

It was just an aside that I put in my post, nothing necessarily directed at you.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:01 PM

This Clemson team really isn't the defending national champs given all the good players that left.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:04 PM

Smh, you just aren't making logical sense and are jumping around from one point to the next. I answered your question and you come back with a ridiculous statement.

We are the defending national champs because CLEMSON won the title and CLEMSON is at an elite level and CLEMSON has recruited at an elite level because CLEMSON has elite facilities and CLEMSON has an elite coaching staff.

That is honestly the dumbest statement I've probably ever read.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:07 PM

My point is I can find posts by SC fans that said the same thing about their program 3 years ago. I still see Florida and LSU fans call their programs elite.

Sep 19, 2017, 5:20 PM

Actually you cannot because they did not win a title, do not have elite facilities, and do not have elite coaches currently.

If a Florida fan says they are elite you can laugh at them to their face. Elite programs don't lose to FCS schools.

Sep 19, 2017, 5:42 PM

Ok, my point is that if is possible, even if not probable, that a team not considered 'elite' can win their conference (such as Wake did 10 years ago), or win a natty, then what is the point of putting programs in elite and non-elite buckets.

Sep 19, 2017, 6:00 PM

Because those are exceptions, not the rule.

Take a look at the last 4 national champions:

Clemson
Bama
Ohio State
Florida State

Those four programs are considered elite teams. Random ### teams do not win nattys unless everything lines up for them perfectly, a la Auburn in 2011.

More often than not, elite teams win it all, just the way it goes.

Sep 19, 2017, 6:04 PM

lol well I guarantee you there are people that would say Auburn is more elite than Clemson.

Sep 19, 2017, 6:12 PM

Basically if Clemson doesn't win it this year, or at least make playoffs, the dumb Clemsoning mantra will return. lol

HAHAHAHA! @CLEMVEGAS - you aren't even a good coot troll

Sep 19, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

how does it feel to be a terrible at being part of a terrible fan base?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HAHAHAHA! @CLEMVEGAS - you aren't even a good coot troll

Sep 19, 2017, 6:15 PM

here is a summary of every one of your posts on here:

You're a coot, coot.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

Let's say Byrant plays terrible against VT and Clemson loses the game and let's say it is about 20 points. Let's say Clemson looks horrible in this game.

Is Clemson still an elite program?

if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***

Sep 19, 2017, 4:02 PM

I don't say 'we' because I don't play on the team. You guys say we like you are on the team. I say Clemson because I'm referring to the Clemson players.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:06 PM

It's the Clemson family, we are a part of the team. Especially if you buy season tickets, merchandise, donate to IPTAY, etc. that goes to giving the Clemson players scholarships.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:08 PM

lol

You have nothing to do with what happens on the field. You are a spectator. I don't say we out of respect.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:11 PM

Hmm, so crowd noise doesn't effect what happens on the field? You don't say we because you have some ridiculous views on life.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

I would say so, based on the recent few years.

It's interesting that the opponent you listed was VT. In 2014 Ohio State lost to VT at home 35-21, and then went on to win the national championship that year.

Was Ohio State still an elite program after losing?

Sep 19, 2017, 4:05 PM

I don't think OSU should have made playoffs that year.

You are missing my point though. You are basing Clemson being elite this season based on 3 games this year. I'm asking does that change if Bryant plays terrible. What if Clemson loses some other games. It will be the same coach, same players, same facilities, etc.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:09 PM

I don't care if you don't think they should have or not they did and they won it all beating the #1 and #2 teams that I'm sure you thought should be in the playoffs.

You are missing my point, it's not just based on this year's three games. It's based on the fact that we have been playing at an elite level for the past few years.

If Bryant plays terrible we have an elite defense that will help us out. You are also basing your questions on what ifs, and I'm basing us being elite on events that have actually happened.

I also do not see this team losing more than 2 games as a worst case scenario, what are the other "if" games you see us losing?

Sep 19, 2017, 4:11 PM

Anything can happen if a team makes it to playoffs. I think OSU got in that year based on the dumb 'blueblood' 'elite' program thing because the other two teams were Baylor and TCU.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:12 PM

Hmm, so being elite has its perks huh? Based on prior years results, which you stated earlier meant nothing.

So you are now contradicting your original points.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

I'm basing it on what-ifs to see if your view of Clemson being elite will change with some losses.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:15 PM

It will not, because I do not share the views you do that being an elite team is on a season only basis.

Based on your response to the 2014 Ohio State team I don't even think you believe that anymore because they were elite that season as they won a title.

Elite programs have time frames in which they are elite. Sure, Alabama was down a good bit a while ago but now have been elite since Saban got there.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:46 PM

Don't Alabama and Auburn have a lot of vacated wins, vacated seasons, bowl bans, probation, etc?

Sep 19, 2017, 5:17 PM

Hell if I know I don't research their programs, but go ahead and look it up yourself.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

My belief is there are 'elite' coaches, not programs.

Sep 19, 2017, 5:18 PM

This literally makes zero sense.

Sep 19, 2017, 5:21 PM

You literally misuse the word literally. lol

well, you didn't join TigerNet until about 2 weeks after we

Sep 19, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

won the National Championship. And you seem kind of stupid. So, it's possible that you might not realize we had won it all. Not that being the best team in the country means we are elite, not by any means.

It's almost as if us winning it all got under your skin somehow.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite? ]

Ok. My point is that Clemson hasn't won anything yet this season other than 3 games including 1 against a cupcake. There is no question they played well in those games.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:59 PM

Ok, that is correct. I would also point out that we've looked dominant and elite in those three games. Carry that back to our title last year, going to the title game the year before and nearly winning, and one of the top defenses in the nation this year and you can call us elite which was originally how this started.

Now note, that is not bragging to you that Clemson is better than your team because I do not doubt you are a Clemson fan. That is just stating my opinion on the level our team is at right now based on the recent few years and what I've seen this year.

Ok, I don't think you went Clemson. Clemson is just your NFL team. The people that accuse me of not being a Clemson fan are generally sidewalk fans.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:10 PM

You don't think I went to Clemson? We've actually been over that before, and I also did not accuse you of not being a Clemson fan.

Reading is key, jack ###.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

So you admit you've seen a fire hydrant outside their stadium, eh?

Sep 19, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

I happy you don't care about Carolina. I really don't either. If they weren't our closest in-state rival with 114 games between the two schools, I would care even less.

It's not like we are OU/Neb or OSU/Mich or even AU/Ala right? I mean really, it's just crazy to talk about your rival on your team's internet message board. If you even talk about them at all.......

I don't care if we are elite either, just win baby.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 3:23 PM

I don't see any reason to talk about SC except the week that Clemson plays them. Some of you guys seem to talk about SC more than Clemson. Probably know all the details of Muschamp's contract, etc. They just another team on the schedule to me. I see no reason Clemson fans need to talk about SC simply b/c it is in the same state.

How about because

Sep 19, 2017, 3:25 PM

you and your band of morans is making our state look bad. You can't even light fires properly, or have working toilets. How are y'all better than cavemen again? It looks bad on the state that we're the flagship of.

Re: How about because

Sep 19, 2017, 3:27 PM

I bet many SC fans can spell moron though. lol

There is no such thing as a state flagship university unless the state has a single university system and the state congress designates a flagship campus. Our state doesn't have a university system, all of the universities are independent.

We both know which university everyone considers the best.

Cut that crap.

Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than

Sep 19, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

to whine like a beotch?

Re: Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than

Sep 19, 2017, 3:28 PM

says a hostile guy whining about my posts. Sorry to interrupt your 'clemson is elite clemson is elite' cheerleading type posts.

Re: Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than

Sep 19, 2017, 3:29 PM

Just checked, he doesn't have any posts saying "Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite."

That would be weird.

LOL, you've made over 50 posts in 2 hours WHINING

Sep 19, 2017, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than ]

about how other posters refer to Clemson's status in the college football landscape.

You're a Coot woman, we get it. If you're not, you should consider growing a pair.

Re: LOL, you've made over 50 posts in 2 hours WHINING

Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 PM

I appeared to have triggered you but you are calling me a whiner. WHy don't you go post on another topic? ANybody that says anything on here that is not fanboy in nature you think is a 'coot'. I've said numerous times that I hate it when other fanbases start bragging about their program being elite.

You're right, you've made over 50 posts and I'm

the one that's triggered.

Lutz. Cootfag's gonna Coot.

Re: You're right, you've made over 50 posts and I'm

Sep 19, 2017, 3:35 PM

You are responding to everything I say on here with hostility. Obviously I am under your skin. The reality is nobody responds to your opinions because you are dull.

That's where you're wrong. I couldn't respond to your

50 posts of whiny, feminine gibberish even if I wanted to.

That you are a troll and this is an act on your part doesn't change that you are a little bitch. Carry on with the incessant whining, Coot.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

We talk about them because misery loves company. They are misery, we are company. hth.

They're our in state rival. Get over yourself******

Sep 19, 2017, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Cootvegas be like ]

I just wanted to post in this epic thread...

Sep 19, 2017, 5:08 PM

...carry on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Cootvegas = Marlboro County Coot

Sep 20, 2017, 12:46 PM

Pretty sure.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic