Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple "Honest" Buckeyes!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Couple "Honest" Buckeyes!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:08 PM

2 honest and one delusional Buckeyes fan.

How about score Touchdowns in the RS scooter instead of FG's and you win.

No. The refs did not cost Ohio State the game. Their lack of execution in the RS and stellar Clemson did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-6K7f-SWg&t=275s

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really like how they stood with the scoreboard lit up with

Dec 29, 2019, 1:16 PM

Clemson orange the whole time behind them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really like how they stood with the scoreboard lit up with

Dec 29, 2019, 1:19 PM

RC Tiger® said:

Clemson orange the whole time behind them.

HaHa! I noticed that too. They may not have had a choice. The folks at the Fiesta just was probably saluting the winners.

Did that guy in the middle not get on yours nerves a bit? He is delusional. Even though his partners were trying to tell him it was lack of Buckeyes making plays - he was still trying to push the narrative about the refs.

Re: Couple "Honest" Buckeyes!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:19 PM

Sounds a lot like Louisville whining about how they shoulda won, in our close finish games.
Must be something in the water in that part of the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Comedy show

Dec 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

What the hell was that????!!!!

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have a microphone because they're so stupid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People Overlook Game Factors To Focus On Petty Things

Dec 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

FACTOR 1. CLEMSON WAS NOT "DEAD" AS THE SPORTS REPORTER CLAIMED. CLEMSON IS BUILT FOR MOMENTS OF ADVERSITY WHICH IS WHY WE WEREN'T DEAD AT ALL.

FACTOR 2. WHEN YOU THROW TWO INTERCEPTIONS YOU CANNOT EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST ANYONE WHEN YOU'RE IN A PLAYOFF GAME. WE WOULD HAVE HAD THREE INTERCEPTIONS IF THE ONE HADN'T BEEN CALLED BACK.

FACTOR 3. CLEMSON HELD THEM TO FIELD GOALS IN THE RED ZONE. CLEMSON WHEN THEY DID SCORE, GAINED TOUCHDOWNS; NOT FIELD GOALS.

FACTOR 4. OHIO STATE'S DEFENSE WAS DEAD BY 3/4 THROUGH THE 2ND QUARTER BECAUSE THEY CAME OUT OVERLY AGRESSIVE AND RAN OUT OF FUEL. WHILE THEY DID PUNCH CLEMSON IN THE MOUTH, IT WASN'T ENOUGH TO TAKE CLEMSON OUT OF THE GAME.

FACTOR 5. ANYONE WHO'S WATCHED CLEMSON PLAY OVER THE PREVIOUS 7 SEASONS WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THAT THEIR DEFENSE PLAYS WITH A RELENTLESS PURSUIT THROUGH THE WHISTLE. THEY DO NOT STOP FOR ANYTHING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE SHOESTRING TACKLE MADE BY MUSE AGAINST DOBBINS BETWEEN THE 5 AND 10 YARD LINE. WHAT AN EFFORT BY THE WAY.

IN SHORT, I'M SICK OF THE MEDIA NARRATIVES. INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON A GREAT COMEBACK BY THE CLEMSON TIGERS, THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON EVERY EXCUSE AS TO WHY CLEMSON WON THE GAME. IT PISSES ME OFF AND THAT'S WHY I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!!!

GO TIGERS! BEAT LSWho!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Breathe! Deep breaths!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:31 PM

Relax, Chesty! You're right, but, there's nothing you can do about them. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breathe! Deep breaths!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:53 PM

It does P - you off though!

Little to no respect for what Clemson did. You aren't supposed to come back against a team as talented as Ohio State. Their entire. I mean literally entire starting defense and a couple of their back ups will be NFL players. How about acknowledging that. Those guys allowed us to storm back not the refs. Or what about settling for FG's instead of scoring TD's.

In whatever combination you want - if they do those things they win! Forget the refs for a 2nd - who I thought missed a couple egregious holding penalties on Dobbins long runs! Buckeyes fans need to answer those questions before claiming refs.

nobody is going to read all your caps***

Dec 29, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to People Overlook Game Factors To Focus On Petty Things ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nobody is going to read all your caps***

Dec 29, 2019, 3:45 PM

I did.

College & NFL refs are encouraged to let the play continue

Dec 29, 2019, 1:26 PM

and not to prematurely blow the whistle. Replay is then used to evaluate the play.

So the “call on the field” has been somewhat diminished in importance.

Like it or not ... that is the current trend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 1:29 PM

LOL...technically, TL is 6'6" and the defender is only 6'1" and if TL just stayed upright...blah, blah, blah...is that dude drunk?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 2:11 PM

It is still targeting even if he hit him in the chest. He lead with the crown bottom line. Why is this even a question.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 2:05 PM

JHillRockTiger

Just a quick Congratulations to your team and to the fans. It was a great game where both teams players left everything out in the field.

The referees did not cost the Buckeyes the game - 3 FG’s in three Red zone trips and the inability to stop the last drive by Clemson.

I have read a number of comments regarding the targeting call - Personal foul yes - ejection no. There was no malicious intent and he did not launch himself.

Hopefully we will play another classic next year and her,s hoping my Buckeyes can you. Congratulations again and good luck in the NCG.

Happy New Year!!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 2:09 PM

JHillRockTiger

Just a quick Congratulations to your team and to the fans. It was a great game where both teams players left everything out in the field.

The referees did not cost the Buckeyes the game - 3 FG’s in three Red zone trips and the inability to stop the last drive by Clemson.

I have read a number of comments regarding the targeting call - Personal foul yes - ejection no. There was no malicious intent and he did not launch himself.

Hopefully we will play another classic next year and her,s hoping my Buckeyes can you. Congratulations again and good luck in the NCG.

Happy New Year!!!!

You guys played like champions! All the respect in the world to the Buckeyes team! They certainly earned it.
Nothing but Respect @. BuckeyeCharlie

LOL it was textbook targeting

Dec 29, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Couple "Honest" Buckeyes! ]

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting. When in question, it is a foul.

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting. When in question, it is a foul.

Chase Young was also guilty on the same play when he went after TLs head

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1211115074351329280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fncaaf%2F2019%2F12%2F28%2Fohio-state-db-shaun-wade-ejected-targeting-trevor-lawrence%2F2767652001%2F

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL it was textbook targeting

Dec 29, 2019, 2:21 PM

Neal in NC -

I respectfully disagree - although what you write is technically correct - some leeway must be given when the runner drops his head to assist in absorbing the hit. Again, I am not complaining about the rule - but if it was not initially called on the field (which it was not) - I can see the 15 years PF but not the ejection.

Again; congratulations on the win and good luck to your Tigers in the NCG and have a great rest of the year!!!!

Unfortunately for you, there is no "leeway" rule

Dec 29, 2019, 2:27 PM

...and Chase trying to wring Trevor's neck after the target isn't exactly endearing either.

Re: Unfortunately for you, there is no "leeway" rule

Dec 29, 2019, 2:36 PM

ClemBert

Could go back and forth all day - but I think you have missed the main point of my original thoughts to HillRock Tiger

Congratulations on a hell of win for your team - it was a great game and if you were just a fan and did not have a dog in the hunt - it is the way all playoff games should go!!

One team with the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win - your team made the plays necessary and my team did not!!!

All night ti was a back and forth - couldn’t ask for anything more. Those kids on both sides left it all in the field and all of them should hold their heads high

Good luck in two weeks in NCG

Yup, that's one of those games which is a lot more fun to...

Dec 29, 2019, 3:00 PM

...watch when you don't have a dog in the fight. Y'all are to be congratulated on having a great season and playing a heck of a game. I'm sure the TV ratings were near records.

Re: Unfortunately for you, there is no "leeway" rule

Dec 29, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately for you, there is no "leeway" rule ]

Goodbye..sheesh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Couple "Honest" Buckeyes! ]

BuckeyeCharlie Targetting does not have to have malicious intent to be called Targetting. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

Now saying that, your player did indeed LOWER HIS HEAD as he was going in for the tackle. There is undisputable video evidence galore showing this. So indeed I do believe he did intend to hit TL with the crown of his helmet.

Otherwise I do have respect for that Ohio St team that fell to my Clemson Tigers last night. No doubt a much tougher opponent than I suspected.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:29 PM

Thanks feraltyger

Go get them in NCG!!!

The 2 guys on the outside tried, but the one

Dec 29, 2019, 2:20 PM

in the middle couldn't help himself. Gotta give us more credit. Winners win!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing OSU fans can blame

Dec 29, 2019, 3:50 PM

...is The Oculus. They should have never underestimated the power of The Oculus.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic