Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL! Last night I watched the Clemson vs.BC game on Youtube
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

LOL! Last night I watched the Clemson vs.BC game on Youtube

May 26, 2015, 9:23 PM

which was week 7. During one pause in play, ESPN put up a projection of the 4 teams they felt would be in the playoffs.

Ole Miss and Miss. St were in and Auburn was the first team on the bubble. I hope the rest of the country doesn't put up with that crap this year. By put up with, I mean, I hope they wear the SEC out every chance they get.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this was my favorite:

May 26, 2015, 9:32 PM

Biased much??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I felt all along that both mississippi's were a fraud

May 26, 2015, 9:38 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here, but the ESPN-led media couldn't bang that

May 26, 2015, 9:45 PM

drum loud or often enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They are both STILL frauds, Bill, though you can wager

May 26, 2015, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I felt all along that both mississippi's were a fraud ]

we'll be seeing them mentioned in many Top20 lists.

Ole Miss or MissSt would give the 6th place team in any other power5 conference a run for their money.....but that leaves a lot of teams more talented and a lot of teams that should be ranked ahead of them pre-season and post-season.

It was hard not to laugh at monkey-see--monkey-do act last season once ESPN and a few others moved both teams into the top 3 or 4 teams in the country after 'Bama lost. Most of the other rankings IMMEDIATELY followed suit.....by mid-season, their collective schedules resembled the ingredients on a Sta-Puff marshmellow package. Yet, their SEC membership more than earned them the benefit of doubt by those unwilling or unable to buck the ESPN whitewash.

Apparently until ESPN is shamed and humiliated to stop beating their own financial drum by always ranking SEC teams unrealistically high, they won't stop. And though its like trying to ignore a mushroom cloud in Nevada, ESPN should be ignored on this particular issue

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way...was that for real?

May 26, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to this was my favorite: ]

how have i not seen that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way...was that for real?

May 26, 2015, 10:57 PM

I think Miss St and Ole Miss were undefeated with quality wins at that time. Probably the same thing when Clemson was undefeated in 2011 before they got bashed by Tech, State, Carolina and WVU.

Nope. They only appeared to be quality wins becuase of

May 26, 2015, 11:12 PM

the trumped up rankings of SEC schools by ESPN. The first team to get trumped up out of nowhwere was TAMU for beating South Carolina who ESPN said would be a title contender. I'm nnot sure what they based that on, but I, a mere real estate agent, stated in in June or July that South Carolina's defense would drop to the 50 range. I based it on a 3 year trend spiraling downwards, and the additional loss of Clowney,and several others on defense with no players in sight to step up. I was wrong. They dropped to the nineties.

Re: Nope. They only appeared to be quality wins becuase of

May 26, 2015, 11:27 PM

Miss St beat Auburn, at LSU, Arkansas and A&M. That's pretty good. Ole Miss beat Bama and Boise St. In 2011, Clemson beat a average FSU team and VA tech and we're 5th in the BCS. Heck, BC was ranked #2 in '07 with one quality win.

Cocklovers

May 26, 2015, 11:51 PM

owned. same as it ever was. 66 wins, plus 1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 27, 2015, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Nope. They only appeared to be quality wins becuase of ]

> Miss St beat Auburn, at LSU, Arkansas and A&M.
> That's pretty good. Ole Miss beat Bama and Boise
> e St. In 2011, Clemson beat a average FSU team and VA
> tech and we're 5th in the BCS. Heck, BC was ranked #2
> in '07 with one quality win.

Ole miss beat AU, and that's pretty good?

So did a Wisconsin team that osu beat 56-0 with a backup starting his 1st game at QB.

LSU unranked win, as was aTm.. Just bc aTm slaughtered scar doesn't mean they were actually good.

Bama was also exposed as a fraud when OSU's 3rd string qb took 'em to the woodshed.

May 26, 2015, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Nope. They only appeared to be quality wins becuase of ]

I am with you. I think the SEC get "roid" ratings from ESPN and they should. SEC football is their new cash cow. People who enjoy watching SEC football have to pay for a package every August. So they have to heighten the interest in SEC football. Much like CBS Sports. I can't take too many of their evaluations of any team seriously because they only carry SEC football. No real evaluations can happen when your paycheck is that of which you are evaluating.

And when did I know South Carolina wasn't going to be as good as advertised? No one mentioned the people who will step up after Clowney. Just the fact he wasn't going to be there and there was talent because Spurrier was there. That's the difference. Dabo isn't Spurrier. Therefore, Coach Swinney actually has to prove he is a coach that knows what his team is doing and who will be replacing the talent that graduated or left early for the NFL draft.

And ESPN spoke about South Carolina having the 4th best offensive line in the country going into 2014. I have no earthly idea how you evaluate that at the beginning of the year. But their O-Line was going to be something special.....

May 26, 2015, 11:55 PM

Kind of like when Dabo said the whole country would know about the Clemson defense before the WVU game.

May 27, 2015, 12:03 AM

Actually that was before the 2013 season.....When no one knew who Grady Jarrett was or new Vic Beasley was great on passing downs. But again, ESPN said South Carolina was going to have a great offensive line. And they should have the talent to make up for the loss of production from Clowney's departure.

So upset about 2015 already?

They knew who they were after the 2012 LSU win,

May 27, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Nope. They only appeared to be quality wins becuase of ]

and the 2013 Orange Bowl win, and a complete dismantling of Oklahoma.

Hey, sh!theadblue, how did your defense look in your BCS game??

Oh dammmmm, my bad....

How'd they look this year against a one legged TRUE FRESHMAN QB???

OH DAMMMMMMMMM, MY BAD...

You're just p!ssed because nobody outside of the state out SC, and the ones instate that don't breathe through their mouths can't name one defensive player for you.

35-17 filthy ########. Get used to it.

And that fact, isolated in that time does what?

May 27, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: No way...was that for real? ]

Does it really help with the failures of the present day? Where's your baseball team in summer school! You are projected 5th. in your division in football. You best player at WR is your best QB on your football team-LMAO! Basketball players checking out.

Yea Women's Basketball! Yea Equestrian! Who phockin' cares?

How is being eat-up with dumbazz working out for ya?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

It was ridiculous, and it was sickening. Get ready for

May 26, 2015, 9:39 PM

another force-feeding of SEC brainwashing this fall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The SEC is just a product that ESPiN markets.

May 26, 2015, 11:57 PM

They've failed the taste test two years in a row but ESPiN will cram the top ten full of their product before the season starts.

Our consolation is the SEC being ranked so highly they are mismatched. The probability that one of them assumes the 'Clemsoning,' role is extremely high but not as high as the conference falling of grace with college football fans.

"And Georgia with two losses, how do you leave them out of the playoff?"

Well dumbazz, they have two friggin losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic