Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight"

Jan 16, 2018, 9:47 PM

Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight"

Postgame press conference for Brad Brownell and Roy Williams: Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, coach.***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Me too, coach.***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:25 PM

I think Brownell is a little shy on coaching and getting a team emotionally prepared ; afraid we in for another "bad season"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 11:04 PM

We are having the best season that we have had in a very long time, and here you come spewing your negative bull F-ing shiot. It's got to be hard being you, and I'm afraid you're in for a bad life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 7:38 PM

I’ll follow up w you after season ; I’m not spewing anything just stating my opinion and past history for this coach . I’ll leave this w you 0-59

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Me too, coach.*** ]

I’ll follow up w you after season ; I’m not spewing anything just stating my opinion and past history for this coach . I’ll leave this w you 0-59

Jan 17, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Me too, coach.*** ]

To me it looked like he made exactly the Halftime adjustments that needed to be made. Going into the zone seemed to slow them down a little. Maye coming out helped a ton. It's hard to win when they don't even need an open look to drain a three. They couldn't miss. There's a lot of ball left to be played. I've enjoyed watching this team play this year. And I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up post-season.

Message was edited by: BrotherTiger229

Re: TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight"

Jan 16, 2018, 10:34 PM

So are a few hundred thousand of Tiger nation fans that believed we could have should have ended a horrible UNCheat home court win streak!!! I mean even Wake has beat the Cheats on their home court!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight"

Jan 16, 2018, 10:42 PM

my question to you coach is: who's responsible for preparing the young men in your charge?good coaches take responsibility for their teams performances.they don't blame the players.i'm a little disappointed too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Totally. Excessive turnovers (a lingering issue) and poor

Jan 16, 2018, 11:05 PM

free throw shooting are coaching issues. No excuses.

LOL! Did you watch the press conference?

Jan 17, 2018, 5:17 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight" ]

I’m guessing the answer is no, because he said at least twice that they as coaches need to better prepare the players.

The guy takes responsibility, when quite honestly he didn’t need to, and you still criticize the guy for “blaming the players.” Wow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL! Did you watch the press conference?

Jan 17, 2018, 1:59 PM

Give Brownell a chance and get behind him.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:47 PM

Coach, this may be the first time this season I thought you sounded like the last few years. Finding excuses. How could a team looking at 0-58 streak not be totally jacked and focused.

How can you sit there and blame that on them. Man up and do like Dabo did after cuse. Press threw every question to him to get him to say the players messed up and weren’t ready. No, he took full responsibility for the game and not having the players ready.

Instead of telling the reporter your team has had too many turnovers last three games etc, let’s say it’s me and my staff obviously need to Coach the guys up so they won’t lose focus and make that crucial xtra pass.

Still betting on this team to step up and overcome poor coaching! Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 7:15 AM

> Coach, this may be the first time this season I
> thought you sounded like the last few years. Finding
> excuses. How could a team looking at 0-58 streak not
> be totally jacked and focused.
>
> How can you sit there and blame that on them. Man up
> and do like Dabo did after cuse. Press threw every
> question to him to get him to say the players messed
> up and weren’t ready. No, he took full responsibility
> for the game and not having the players ready.
>
> Instead of telling the reporter your team has had too
> many turnovers last three games etc, let’s say it’s
> me and my staff obviously need to Coach the guys up
> so they won’t lose focus and make that crucial xtra
> pass.
>
> Still betting on this team to step up and overcome
> poor coaching! Go Tigers!!!

You are so stupid!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed in the way our guys played tonight" ]

Lol, when the team shoots less then 50% from the free throw line and misses wide open looks from the floor, it’s not the coaches fault. Also, when UNC is shooting like that it’s really hard to stop. He has every right to be upset at his team. In the first half they couldn’t handle the challenge at face. They looked scared and overwhelmed, you have to expect more from a team that starts all upper class men.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:30 PM

Maybe we should sstart off by tring to beat them at home a few years in a row, maybe beat them in tournament play, before we get too worked up about playing NC on the road.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:41 AM

I’m disappointed you can’t defense to defend 3 pointers

Jan 17, 2018, 10:15 AM

Most of their 3’s were highly contested. When a team makes 3s like that you just play the best defense you can and hope for the best. He drew up plenty of good defenses ,UNC just shot the ball really well.

Jan 17, 2018, 3:22 AM

I'm a little disappointed in the poor coaching that led to poor play. It's a total package coach. Look for solutions, not blame.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 7:16 AM

> I'm a little disappointed in the poor coaching that
> led to poor play. It's a total package coach. Look
> for solutions, not blame.

You are stupid!!!!

Jan 17, 2018, 9:50 AM

I'm a little disappointed also ( that you are still the coach after last nights poor performance )

Jan 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

You want to fire the head a coach after he lost one game to the defending national champions???? Really?, They lost by 8 it was a very competitive game at their place. All people want is immediate success, or the Coach is gone.

Re: TNET: Brownell: "I'm a little disappointed.......Like a

Jan 17, 2018, 7:32 AM

like a steel trap....

Nothing gets by this guy...

I really like Coach Brownell . . .

Jan 17, 2018, 8:50 AM

. . . he handles himself really well. A lot of coaches fall into one of two mistakes when discussing player performance - they either take the "faux magnanimous" approach of taking the fall - blaming the players in one breath and then "taking responsibility" for it in the other (which comes off somewhat double-minded and insincere), or they just throw the players under the bus gratuitously in their frustration. Brownell has a very measured way of saying they didn't play well without it coming off as dumping on them.

And I think he's right - they got a little disjointed there in the first half, not only didn't start well, but didn't respond to that well.

But a lot can be said for being at the max deficit of 15 at halftime, and still coming out and making a real game of it. 15-3 is nothing to sneeze at, I'm sure they'll continue what's been a great season so far.

Go Tigers.

Re: I really like Coach Brownell . . .

Jan 17, 2018, 9:54 AM

I'm afraid that this is the beginning of the tailspin w Brownell ;

Re: I really like Coach Brownell . . .

Jan 17, 2018, 10:17 AM

As Dabo and Nicky like to say: "One game does not a season make." But 0-59??? Anyway, the Bball team should take the adage to heart. Forget this one and come back snortin' mad in the next game. And they do a have a quick opportunity for revenge on the 30th.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:12 PM

For the past 2 seasons (yep, I'm a newby Tigers fan) I have watched most games on TV (a few, in person). One of the more common criticisms from the various network commentators seems to be the predictable way that Clemson opens nearly every game; run down the court, pull up short of the 3 point line and take long 3 point attempts that rarely go in because the opposition knows that's what you're going to do and they contest those shots. My feeling, along with most of the more knowledgeable commentators has been that you have to pass and or drive inside to the basket to draw the defenders in, then pop it back outside to an open shooter.

Last night, they started the game that way and got buried in a deep hole. They came out in the second half and did what the analysts were saying. They went down low, which opened up Mitchell and Reed who started draining their uncontested 3 point shots.

The bottom line is that the Tigers are too predictable. That's coaching. This year's team is a much more coachable team than last year's. They are more talented, as a whole. They have some very talented freshmen that will make this team stronger and competitive for years to come, with the right coaching. I don't know if it's Brownell, one or more of his assistants, or, a combination. Still, I think the talent of this team is going to produce a much better team/record than you've all seen in the last few years. The competition in the ACC is going to bring a lot of ups and downs for every team. In the end, when it's time to dance, I think this year's team will be on the floor.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to out this loss on Grantham, but...

Jan 17, 2018, 7:07 PM

it starts with him. One of the leaders, and he just didn't show up.
He actually hurt the team in more ways than 1.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic