Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson football practice report - Day 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson football practice report - Day 1

Aug 2, 2016, 8:48 PM

Clemson football practice report - Day 1

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson football practice report - Day 1

Aug 2, 2016, 9:13 PM

FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever

Aug 2, 2016, 9:22 PM

heard the term defending finalist ever used in college or pro sports. That sounds like a chest out moral victory exclamtion if I ever heard one.

I would lose that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever

Aug 2, 2016, 9:34 PM

I agree it sounds awful.

Should they go with Defending 1st Runner Up?

Aug 2, 2016, 10:09 PM [ in reply to LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever ]

Like a beauty pageant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2016, 10:16 PM [ in reply to LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever ]

Agreed. It's legit hard to read.

Aug 2, 2016, 10:25 PM

Well I for one am glad Clemson earned their way to the Natty even if it was expressed as a finalist.

Sure, I'm proud too, but just say "fresh off being

Aug 2, 2016, 11:37 PM

National runnerups, not Defending National finalists." There's nothing to defend. Bama has something to defend, not us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever ]

While I'm proud that we got there that sentence made it feel like less of an accomplishment. We lost. That's all there is to it. We had that game in our grasp and we go out coached.

Out coached? Not sure about that. Maybe, Bama's players just

Aug 2, 2016, 11:40 PM

played smarter.

I disagree with both of you.

Aug 3, 2016, 1:43 AM

An onside kick and a kickoff return for a touchdown do not equal being outcoached or players playing smarter. The margin wasn't great, but I think we played better than Alabama overall except for few anomaly-like plays in the second half. For one, we had more offense against Alabama than they've given up in the about 40 games..

Re: I disagree with both of you.

Aug 3, 2016, 2:15 AM

Who called the on side kick? It took ballz and was the result of endless hours of watching film. I don't care for saban, but he demonstrated why he's the foremost coach in college football. Dabo is getting there, but no need to minimize the play calling that won the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was talking about the several long easy passes to the TE.***

Aug 3, 2016, 8:51 AM [ in reply to I disagree with both of you. ]

Aug 3, 2016, 7:45 AM [ in reply to LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever ]

I don't like it much either but it still sounds better than "5th Place rings" :).

I prefer "Defending Orange Bowl Champions".

Aug 3, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to LOL, "Defending national finalist"... Don't think I've ever ]

People seem to forget that we won a major bowl game just to get to the Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic