Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the number of cases overnight increased
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 769

So the number of cases overnight increased

Mar 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the number of cases overnight increased

Mar 10, 2020, 3:33 PM

Re: So the number of cases overnight increased

Mar 10, 2020, 4:28 PM

The lack of enough available tests to be testing massively is keeping us in the dark on a number of issues here.

It does attack the immune system... no gauge on the time...***

Mar 10, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So the number of cases overnight increased ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 weeks seems to be a minimum. 3-4 weeks is more normal

Mar 10, 2020, 3:35 PM

I think. There's a lag time of several weeks between new cases, and recoveries. Those 8 cases probably presented a month ago. So figure in 3-4 weeks we will have 800 recoveries/deaths. But we may have 10,000 cases or more by then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 weeks seems to be a minimum. 3-4 weeks is more normal

Mar 10, 2020, 3:38 PM

Not worried about the numbers really. The thing to pay

Mar 10, 2020, 4:03 PM

attention to is medical care capacity. When hospitals run out of room or resources to care for the sick, that's when it gets "bad". That's when governments shut down the economy. China reached that point. Italy has reached that point. I'd expect France, Germany, and Spain will reach that point. It will be a domino effect. It may very well happen here too in 2-3 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Mar 10, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 weeks seems to be a minimum. 3-4 weeks is more normal ]

no, the reason Italy and S Korea are high is because it was rampant there back in January. By the time they started testing it was everywhere. Not the case here.

Testing is important, but its not like people were sick and because they weren't tested they went about their business. Just like elsewhere, we may go up in cases for a few weeks before it tapers off or maybe we will be like some of the early countries that got it under control quickly like Malaysia or Japan.

We still have one of the lowest infection rates in the world. We are 50 times lower than Italy or S Korea and 20 times lower than China Iran Norway Denmark etc and 10 times lower than France Spain Netherlands Austria and others.

Feel free to freak out though, it may keep you from getting the Flu.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is freaking out

Mar 10, 2020, 4:25 PM

you do realize that if you have less sick people you have

Mar 11, 2020, 1:25 AM

lest testing required. We have plenty of test kits available. If and when they are needed, they will be available. Over 1 million test kits have been shipped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shipped, but unused for the most part and severely late...***

Mar 11, 2020, 6:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you do realize that if you have less sick people you have

Mar 11, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to you do realize that if you have less sick people you have ]

Daily total new cases resets each day at 0GMT

Mar 11, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to LOL ]

So much fun what you can do with numbers. We had over 200 new cases in the past 24 hours.

Got to read that fine print. That daily new case total is about pointless unless you cap 24 hours for each country/time zone. London will ALWAYS be low. ;)

I think there's a misunderstanding over our definition of..

Mar 10, 2020, 3:57 PM

recovered. Lots of folks are now testing positive weeks after they have recuperated. If we're saying that they still have the virus then our statement is accurate. If we say they haven't recuperated then we are not being accurate.

Even the headlines in the following article sets the record straight.

""These findings suggest that at least a proportion of recovered patients may still be virus carriers,"

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/02/some-covid-19-patients-test-positive-days-after-recovery

Seem like they are keeping people who really aren't sick anymore. It's a safety issue. Now it's time for those people to start wearing those dust mask. They break up the breath and prevent projecting the virus across room or into the faces of pedestrian traffic going the opposite direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely not helping the economic outlook.***

Mar 10, 2020, 4:00 PM

If it gets to the point here like it is in Italy and China..

Mar 10, 2020, 4:07 PM

You won't care about the economy.

yes 1 or 2 infected people out of every 10,000 people is

Mar 10, 2020, 4:17 PM

very scary especially when the death rate is as high as 1 or 2% of infected people (mostly old and sick people).

You should isolate yourself now why you still have a chance.

I'm not a bit worried.

I have N95 masks (I know how to use them), hand sanitizer, food etc. I have supplies to last a month or two in case a family member needs to be safely quarantined.

How many years of intensive training did it take

Mar 10, 2020, 4:42 PM

to learn how to put an N95 mask on your face?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been fit testing N95's since SARS boy

Mar 10, 2020, 5:01 PM

I'VE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW ABOUT IT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not frigging with an N95.

Mar 10, 2020, 5:12 PM

When I freak I'm breaking out my HEPA half face negative pressure mask. I might have to shave some whiskers to get a tight seal but the weather is warming enough to rid myself of this leftover from no shave November anyway.

Screw that mickey mouse stuff. If I'm going paranoid I'm goin whole hog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... or maybe a "hoghead"... ?***

Mar 10, 2020, 9:51 PM

Re: If it gets to the point here like it is in Italy and China..

Mar 10, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to If it gets to the point here like it is in Italy and China.. ]

When the MSM shuts down it's time to panic.

Mar 10, 2020, 5:09 PM

As long as they are producing broadcast 24/7 we're probably safe.

Yep. Recovered is when you test negative for the virus.

Mar 10, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to I think there's a misunderstanding over our definition of.. ]

You can "recover" and test positive for a long time.

Replies: 23
| visibility 769
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic