Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot jumps into volcano???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Coot jumps into volcano???

May 2, 2019, 5:21 PM

That was my first thought...they are all on suicide watch after all these 5*s fall in line this month.

Man plummets off 300-foot cliff into caldera of Hawaii's Kilauea volcano.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-plummets-off-300-foot-202237982.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en/aol_com_127/8c58df81a41d36d2afd5523aeb442675">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maths is hard. Fell off a 300 ft cliff and landed 70 feet

May 2, 2019, 5:24 PM

below.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

May 2, 2019, 5:31 PM

I bet that left a mark...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even water is hard at 70 feet... Found out the hard way.***

May 2, 2019, 5:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot jumps into volcano???

May 2, 2019, 7:17 PM

Never been to the volcano, but I can tell you from personal experience, the "safety barriers" at the Grand Canyon are a joke. A single board fence about a foot and a half tall, where we were on the Arizona side. About the time I was looking over a edge, a squirrel came up the wall and jumped out nearly at our feet. The adrenaline rush dayum near killed me, without having to fall over the edge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a small world.....

May 3, 2019, 2:11 AM

Coincidentally, my wife and I were at the same overlook this afternoon and one of the Park Rangers briefly mentioned it. We hiked down to the floor of the caldera and back up ( whew, challenging climb for an old fart like me).Two observations:

1) You’ve got to be an idiot to fall into the volcano from a heavily marked and railed observation overlook. As usual, Darwin’s law was probably in full force in that incident. These nuts will ruin it for everybody- soon they’ll have to put concertina wire around everything. BTW, I’ll bet he was trying to take a selfie.

2) I saw no potential Coots at the volcano or would have tried to talk them off the cliff just out of human decency. But then again, Hmmm......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic