Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 152
| visibility 101

FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event

May 27, 2015, 2:31 PM

Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event

May 27, 2015, 2:33 PM

nice going Tnet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 2:35 PM

Yes it appears the OFFENDED once again prevail with their I'm a victim mentality

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 27, 2015, 2:45 PM

IT IS AMAZING TO ME THAT A COUPLE OF GROUPS THAT MAKE UP ROUGHLY 12% AND 6% OF OUR POPULATION RULE EVERY DECISION MADE THESE DAYS. AT SOME POINT THE MAJORITY WILL ONCE AGAIN SPEAK.

May 27, 2015, 2:46 PM

It is quite sad liberals believe in freedom of speech as long as what you are saying matches their views.

null

May 27, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event ]

Not as long as those 4 or 6 percent whine the loudest and scream prejudice at every turn. First they wanted acceptance and they got that. Now they want to be special with special rights

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 27, 2015, 2:51 PM

clearly you are all victims in this.

per clemson University.

"Clemson University aspires to create a diverse community that welcomes people of different races, cultures, ages, genders, sexual orientation, religions, socioeconomic levels, political perspectives, abilities, opinions, values and experiences."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offended..A victim mentailty

May 27, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event ]

Dumped a chick recently like that. She never thought her T and A could be trumped....

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

If a state employee were getting an award from...

May 27, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event ]

an LGBT organization, would they be COMPELLED to attend?
Go Tigers!!

THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to

restrict liberties of non-LGBT supporters. The Palmetto Family Council has done some things that attempted to deny rights to certain people. Those people thought that was a pretty big deal. The Palmetto Council lost that battle by ruling of the Supreme Court. Now the Council wants to go on as if they are a legit mainstream organization, without controversy. Never going to happen.

Oh, I'm sure of that...

May 27, 2015, 2:55 PM

everyone wants inclusiveness unless it's something with which they don't agree.
Go Tigers!!

Supreme Court has not ruled on it yet

May 27, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to ]

The gay marriage decision will come sometime in June. It is not a recognized "right" at least not yet (although all signs point to the fact that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of allowing it).

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But do you seriously have any doubt...

May 27, 2015, 3:01 PM

as to how the court will rule?
Go Tigers!!

You're right and I don't make any assumptions on that, I was

May 27, 2015, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Supreme Court has not ruled on it yet ]

really thinking of the ruling in June 2013 the struck down parts of DOMA, making gay marriage recognized at the federal level. The ruling this June is whether states will be required to allow it. Currently, South Carolina is required based on a federal district court ruling. Again, I never make any assumptions about decisions. We will see in June.

Aren't the coot boards calling you?***

May 27, 2015, 6:57 PM

Re: THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to

May 27, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to ]

You are not a Clemson fan.

null

Re: THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to

May 27, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to THe LGBT orgainzation did not author an amendment to ]

Kinda like Obama?

No.***

May 27, 2015, 11:09 PM [ in reply to If a state employee were getting an award from... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sad day

For some, happy day for others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

This should be entertaining.

May 27, 2015, 2:36 PM

Great, now God is gonna be mad and we'll lose every game this season.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really thought God was an Auburn fan.

May 27, 2015, 2:39 PM

Good move for Dabo...too much heat. Focus on football.

This is not surprising to me.

May 27, 2015, 2:40 PM

It's a shame a man can't go somewhere and accept an award for good things he has done, because he's being shouted down by those who don't like the people giving him the award.

But that's where were are in 2015. Expect more of the same as time goes on.

He's the de facto face of CU...

May 27, 2015, 2:50 PM

And would therefore become the target of the lunatics on the left, affecting any r&d funding by left leaning or any companies concerned with their pc image in regards to whom they support. He should have seen this one coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is not surprising to me.

May 27, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to This is not surprising to me. ]

You're so right, that is where we are in 2015 and unfortunately it seems like a mine field without a map. I speak from the position I don't want Dabo's focus and energy to be on anything other than Clemson Football, Go Tigers!

May 27, 2015, 3:24 PM

"Focusing on Clemson football" is also about character (and by extension principle and beliefs). Like it or not, Dabo has built a reputation as a principled man of faith. It is a big part of how he coaches and just carries himself. This is no small disappointment. If you were a player and these same values were important to you, would you not lose respect for your coach? How could you not?

May 27, 2015, 3:25 PM

Someone has activated a new SCOK what is your normal screen name?

null

May 27, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to This is not surprising to me. ]

If the KKK was presenting him an award, would you feel the same? This group actively denies the rights of others. What is the problem with the out-lash?

Problem is the liberal's agenda that you only do what

May 27, 2015, 7:05 PM

they allow you to do.

May 27, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to This is not surprising to me. ]

Dabo should have told Todd where to go and not let that yapping puppy bother him!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 4:59 PM [ in reply to This is not surprising to me. ]

I got no problem with him going or not going... but his name was being used in the pr for the event and I read tickets were being sold for $50 to $5000 dollars....

I do not want any Clemson coach to do fund raisers for political organizations.

Dabo! Say it is not true. It is God, Family, & Clemson in

May 27, 2015, 2:41 PM

that order, and for the first time that I can remember you caved in on your beliefs
which you openly expressed until now. Still love you. God bless.

To be clear, this does not mean he "caved on his beliefs".

May 27, 2015, 2:42 PM

It means he (or his employee) doesn't believe attending this event is worth the headache.

*employer***

May 27, 2015, 2:42 PM

As I mentioned earlier, at some point the university was

May 27, 2015, 2:46 PM

bound to reign this situation in. I think Dabo may actually be glad this gave him an out. He likely agreed with the university, but just didn't know how to end this.

Re: As I mentioned earlier, at some point the university was

May 27, 2015, 2:57 PM

It became a distraction to football, he's Clemson's football coach, get rid of distraction, end of story.

If my christian, hindu, muslim, wicca, or belief in santa or whatever interfered with my job....I'd have to cancel that meeting too.

Re: As I mentioned earlier, at some point the university was

May 27, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to As I mentioned earlier, at some point the university was ]

You are not a Clemson fan.

null

Re: To be clear, this does not mean he "caved on his beliefs".

May 27, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to To be clear, this does not mean he "caved on his beliefs". ]

might well be

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be clear, this does not mean he "caved on his beliefs".

May 29, 2015, 8:15 AM [ in reply to To be clear, this does not mean he "caved on his beliefs". ]

That's the way to do it dabo back down from adversity!

Very dissapointed in Dabo

May 27, 2015, 2:43 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Very dissapointed in Dabo.. WHY?

May 27, 2015, 5:02 PM

WHY?

Good for you Dabo

May 27, 2015, 2:44 PM

Definite respect increase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

way to go, dabo.

May 27, 2015, 2:47 PM

dabo cares.

Re: way to go, dabo.

Im with you. good move Dabo.
Its the right move

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

The gays win again...

May 27, 2015, 2:50 PM

I swear next time a man tries to rape me with his eyes like all the gays do, I'm going to just punch him/her in the face.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you pack a tube sock hoping to attract their attention?***

May 27, 2015, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what I mean, all the gay rapists that just feast on

me with their dreamy eyes and succulent lips, tight shirts, broad shoulders, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEEAN.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think you're asking for it...

May 27, 2015, 2:56 PM

you can't rape the willing, harlot.

THOSE FREE APPLETINIS ARE JUST A METHOD FOR YOU TO LOSE

May 27, 2015, 2:57 PM

YOUR INHIBITIONS AND GET NAKED AND DANCE TO BONNIE TYLER'S TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

i think bonnie was faking like e'ry other woman in your life

May 27, 2015, 3:03 PM

so you turned to drunken debauchery & hooliganism! but still i weep for you as you're but a product of your sordid environment.

skrength be with you

^^ This is the saddest post I've ever read.***

May 27, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to The gays win again... ]

Either you are successful at making a very funny post, or

May 27, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to The gays win again... ]

you think you must be really hot looking. Either way, I got a good laugh at that.

I MAY NOT BE THE BEST LOOKING TIGGERNET PERSON

BECAUSE THAT IS CRUMP BUT I AM PRETTY DANG GOOD LOOKING. I WOULD SAY ON A SCALE OF GABRIEL PAULISTA TO OLIVIER GIROUD, I FALL CLOSE TO AARON RAMSEY....NOMSAYIN?

Here I am a life long hetero male, and....

May 27, 2015, 5:00 PM

I can't get a ghey to give me the time of day. They just keep staring into the eyes of their significant others. Perhaps if I were a better Christian, they would start offending me more.

'tis a sad day indeed.

Re: Either you are successful at making a very funny post, or

May 27, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Either you are successful at making a very funny post, or ]

null

I laugh at that every time. Glad it made such an impact on

May 27, 2015, 3:02 PM

you.

Re: I laugh at that every time. Glad it made such an impact on

May 27, 2015, 3:06 PM

No impact here just informing the board what sort of pathetic loser they are dealing with.

null

The real question here..

May 27, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to The gays win again... ]

Are you stronger than the average american male...

GO TIGERS!!

Re: The gays win again...

May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to The gays win again... ]

it's most likely all in your head.
and if your kids or future kids turn out gay,
you'll be glad the gays win.

What do they win?***

May 27, 2015, 5:04 PM [ in reply to The gays win again... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost a little respect for you coach

If youre gonna be a outspoken Christian; then you should never back down from your beliefs. Sad.

LOL

You consider not going to get an award backing down from your beliefs?

Seems awfully presumptive of you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not complicated

May 27, 2015, 4:39 PM

He was going to go, he obviously wanted to go, but when the intolerance brigade threw their normal public tantrum, he didn't go. He was initially willing to publicly back his beliefs, and he responded to their hissy fit by giving in. It's as simple as that.

No one's saying he doesn't still hold to those beliefs, but the whole point of the LGBT crowd throwing a fit every time someone presumes to exercise the First Amendment is b/c they will gladly grant your right to believe what you wish - in the privacy of your own mind, as long as you keep a lid on it - don't speak, don't advocate, and don't inconvenience them by exposing them to positions contrary to their own. Sure, Dabo still believes what he believes, but by definition, he caved in his willingness to say so. He did exactly what they want their enemies to do - which is to HUSH.

Re: It's not complicated

May 27, 2015, 9:43 PM

This is an organization that actively tried to influence legislation that would deny equal rights to a group of people. That goes against EVERYTHING that the United States were built upon. Any community has a right, if not an obligation, to cry foul when a person/group is actively trying to deny them the same rights that everybody else enjoys.

Re: It's not complicated

May 28, 2015, 7:39 AM

Good grief, do you know anything about the history of the United States? A hefty portion of the founders were Christian ministers, and not secular progressive types, either. They prized freedom of religious practice, but they didn't understand that to mean a full-on division between "secular" on the one hand, and "religious" on the other. To them, that included saying their piece in the public square about how religious beliefs (not formal practice) ought to effect governance. In a civil society, someone's understanding of morality will prevail - there is no such thing as moral neutrality enshrined in law. As such, every civil declaration - be it criminal law, tax law, abortion, homosexual "marriage," (or lack of) will have a definition derived from some assumption - from some value - from some standard.

You can't claim to be categorically against parameters and definitions unless you're really going to follow through with that, and cite a meaningful standard. Should marriage be allowed between 3? If not, then says who, and why the discrimination? What about between a brother and sister - and lets say the sister can't have kids, so that's not a complication. If this is barred, then according to what standard, and why do they not have the same freedom to make that decision that Bob and Steve have?

To declare that the sexes involved in marriage is irrelevant is the equivalent of calling a shape with four corners and four equal sides a circle. You can shout it all day long, but you'd be knowing something that just isn't so. One can play with words, but the thing itself doesn't change. No one's rights are being denied at all - well, except those bakers in Oregon who got fined $135,000 for not baking the cake for the same-sex couple, and the couple in Maine who got fined for not opening their property for a same sex wedding reception - yeah, I guess the whole "denial of rights" concern only goes one way, doesn't it?

Re: Lost a little respect for you coach

May 27, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

NAT with another stupid post...

null

Its "stupid" bc it doesnt match your opinion

May 27, 2015, 3:07 PM

Typical libtard

Re: Its "stupid" bc it doesnt match your opinion

May 27, 2015, 3:08 PM

lol poor NAT so wrong on so many levels.

Typical Libtard (See I can do it too).

null

Re: Its "stupid" bc it doesnt match your opinion

May 27, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Its "stupid" bc it doesnt match your opinion ]

Truth spoken well....

Perhaps he is not YOUR kind of 'Christian'. Not the kind who

May 27, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

supports hate and bigotry

Another typical libtard demonizing Christians

May 27, 2015, 3:10 PM

Real Christians dont hate the person just the sin... so your name calling doesnt apply.

Re: Another typical libtard demonizing Christians

May 27, 2015, 3:25 PM

And your magic book that defines sin has nothing to do with us that live outside that box. If you believe its a sin, then don't have gay sex. But you don't get to force your magic book on the masses.

How am I trying to force it on you?

May 27, 2015, 3:28 PM

?

Re: How am I trying to force it on you?

May 27, 2015, 3:31 PM

Are you ok with two men being married in the eye's of our government? If you aren't, then you are trying to force your religious belief on others.

If you are ok with it...not sure how Dabo not attending an event held by those who do have a problem with that is a problem with you.

As I said above.....

May 27, 2015, 3:32 PM

It became a distraction to football, he's Clemson's football coach, get rid of distraction, end of story.

If my christian, hindu, muslim, wicca, or belief in santa or whatever interfered with my job....I'd have to cancel that meeting too.

I think they should get the same rights as a married couple

May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: How am I trying to force it on you? ]

But I believe the institution of marriage is bt a man and woman. btw I love how im trying to force my views on you by supporting traditional marriage but you arent forcing yours on me with gay marriage...

Re: I think they should get the same rights as a married couple

May 27, 2015, 3:37 PM

No one is telling you that you have to gay marry someone. Good lawd!

May 27, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I think they should get the same rights as a married couple ]

You can keep your traditional marriage in your traditional church, religion, or whatever. No one is denying you that.

Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias

May 27, 2015, 3:41 PM

That are being forced to comply... Pastors will be next

Yet another smart move by Dabo

May 27, 2015, 3:45 PM

He doesn't have to publicly denounce homosexuality and abortion. I agree with Dabo's Christian ideals. Yet, there's other ways to fight battles, and this isn't worth it. Dabo just gets it. Plain and simple.

So if you have different beliefs you should keep quiet?

May 27, 2015, 7:18 PM

That is going to work HOW?

Re: Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias

May 27, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias ]

This is the reason you think people shouldn't have their rights met?

You are insane if you think gay people want to involve in their life pastors, pizza makers, bakeries, or any other business that doesn't support their lifestyle.

Pastors don't have to marry anyone they don't want. NewSpring won't marry you if you live with your partner.

You miss the point

May 27, 2015, 3:56 PM

Im saying I believe there will be a time the Bible will be considered hate speech and pastors will be forced with the threat of jail to officiate gay weddings.

Re: You miss the point

May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM

Why would gay people want those pastors to officiate their wedding? I know plenty that are willing to do so...my father being one of them.

And all religion is protected under the First Amendment. Kinda the whole point for everyone.

You're a Christian....do you want a Wiccan to sing at your wedding? None of your argument holds any real logic.

I guess the same reason they wanted that cake and pizza

May 27, 2015, 4:08 PM

Re: I guess the same reason they wanted that cake and pizza

May 27, 2015, 4:15 PM

At this point I hope you're just trolling.

You can't refuse service based on religion, sexual orientation, race, or gender.

Further, if you think they can, then at what sin from your bible is it ok for them to serve? All the others but the gay one? Can they pick and choose which sinners they want to serve?

Again...sorry the magic book doesn't get you a free pass to discriminate against other humans. You want to run a public business, then you serve all the public.

May 27, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to I guess the same reason they wanted that cake and pizza ]

Your logic works fine...just the circular logic on the other side doesnt mesh with it...

May 27, 2015, 5:10 PM

Then I'll let you explain to me why a gay person would want a pastor that doesn't agree with being gay to perform his wedding....anddd go.

May 27, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to I guess the same reason they wanted that cake and pizza ]

All businesses should be allowed to have big signs on their doors that say "NO BLACKS, JEWS, MUSLIMS, POLISH, GAYS, MEXICANS, ASIANS, IRISH, BUDDHISTS, OR LEFT-HANDERS. NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO PROBLEM" on their door. Anything else would simply be unCrishchun.

Re: You miss the point

May 27, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to You miss the point ]

Truth again....preach on...

Do you read the newspaper?***

May 27, 2015, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias ]

Re: Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias

May 27, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Tell that to the bakeries and pizzarias ]

Truth again.....

Don't like gay marriage. Don't marry someone of the same sex

May 27, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I think they should get the same rights as a married couple ]

You can turn your 'persecution' machine off.

If gay marriage harms YOUR marriage... then ONE of you is already gay

Gay civil unions do not bother me

May 27, 2015, 3:49 PM

As for marriage, well they was created by God so who am I to argue with it?

Re: Gay civil unions do not bother me

May 27, 2015, 3:53 PM

So your issue is with how its defined...like what we would call it?

You think there needs to be a separate name for it?....let's call it Gayrriage. I'd don't think they care.

Id be ok with that

May 27, 2015, 3:58 PM

Re: Id be ok with that

May 27, 2015, 4:03 PM

Ok great.....you call it Gayrriage and they'll call it marriage. Problem solved.

There you go forcing your beliefs on people.

May 27, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Gay civil unions do not bother me ]

Not everyone 'believe' that statement.

I think the government should be OUT of the marriage business all together. Give any two consenting adults a civil union certificate for legal purposes.

Then any religion can do whatever they want about ceremonies and texts and vows.

Message was edited by: STERLING®

May 27, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to I think they should get the same rights as a married couple ]

Truth again...

Re: How am I trying to force it on you?

May 27, 2015, 4:45 PM [ in reply to How am I trying to force it on you? ]

Watch the circular logic begin to fly...3...2...1....you disagreed so you cannot have that opinion....

Do you realize how MANY kinds of Christians there are?

May 27, 2015, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Another typical libtard demonizing Christians ]

?

Lumping Christian extremist in with all Christians

May 27, 2015, 3:48 PM

Is like lumping radical islam with all islam... you really wanna go there?

Do you realize how MANY kinds of Christians there are?

May 27, 2015, 3:53 PM

Go to any church and poll them on their beliefs. You'll find as many different opinions as members. You seem to think YOUR kind of Christian is the only one. But then again, that is what MOST Christians and indeed MOST religious people think.

Which is why YOU think Muslims are wrong.
Which is why Muslims think YOU are wrong.
Which is why Hindus think Jews are wrong.
Which is Native Americans think B'hai are wrong.
Which is why B'hai think Buddhists are wrong.
Which is why withing ANY religion there are denominations, branches, sects, cults, etc... so they can ALL believe that they want and call it 'Insert Religion Here' and say they are the TRUE 'Insert Religion Here'

My simple point was not ALL Christians believe their beliefs should be imposed on others.

Re: Do you realize how MANY kinds of Christians there are?

May 27, 2015, 3:58 PM

And they can all tell Santa I said hey.

Christians dont force their beliefs

May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Do you realize how MANY kinds of Christians there are? ]

Forcing would be shooting, beheading, burning, ######, etc

Re: Christians dont force their beliefs

May 27, 2015, 4:02 PM

and denying benefits afforded to other consenting adults.

When they attempt to legislate, that IS force.

May 27, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Christians dont force their beliefs ]

How is legislation regulated?

By force.

So where's your head then? I thought the gays were

May 27, 2015, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Christians dont force their beliefs ]

"forcing" their beliefs right?

GO TIGERS

Re: So where's your head then? I thought the gays were

May 27, 2015, 4:30 PM

I just ordered a CallGuy to go force some beliefs on his anur.

#praythegayaway

May 27, 2015, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Christians dont force their beliefs ]

they force their beliefs on their children, they are trying to enforce their beliefs on public policy/law. Missionaries try to force their beliefs. They try to call it evangelism and scare people into thinking their way and is nothing but a scare tactic. The scare tactic is used just like your examples of shooting, beheading, burning. They try to make people believe that they will burn in hell if they do not do as the Bible says. That is trying to force someone to take their word just because they said so. "Christians" also use the scare tactic to promote themselves and profit, scaring people to give money. You can say they are not true Christians, which, imo, is true,,,but they do use christianity as a force.

All religions try to force their beliefs on others. Me, you or anyone really knows what is true.

May 27, 2015, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Christians dont force their beliefs ]

remember the crusades??

May 27, 2015, 6:10 PM

That was how many years ago????

May 27, 2015, 6:26 PM

not as long ago as when God created the world or when Adam and Eve sinned. I don't think the Bible is a pick and choose thing.

May 27, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Christians dont force their beliefs ]

Pretty sure affecting legislation to deny rights would fall under that "etc" category. Everybody knows that Chrishchuns would never shoot, behead, burn, or rape anybody in the name of their beliefs in the last 100 years.

May 27, 2015, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Do you realize how MANY kinds of Christians there are? ]

You mean like youy believe your team..The Clemson Tigers ...are the only team? Uh yeah.....

May 27, 2015, 6:27 PM

not sure where he said Clemson was the only team

May 27, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Another typical libtard demonizing Christians ]

Truth spoken again....yet the "bigotry" and "hate" word sure shot out there quick didn't they...you know you should never ever disagree and say it openly....shush that freedom.

May 27, 2015, 4:48 PM

You are free to disagree with a homosexual's lifestyle all you want...but you don't get to work for a public University and represent all people within that University and then go accept an award from a group that vocally wants to deny people within your University their right to the same rights afforded to others by the Government. That's a run on sentence and you can hate that too, bigot.

May 27, 2015, 4:55 PM

OOO was that hate speech? Makes me sooo nervous...

May 27, 2015, 5:08 PM

The only thing you are nervous about is a gay man hitting on you.

I dont think NAT supports hate and bigotry...

May 27, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Perhaps he is not YOUR kind of 'Christian'. Not the kind who ]

but he is probably sick and tired of seeing liberal LGBT groups bully and harrass any group or person that dares to go against their narrative.

Dabo just wanted to avoid any backlash on this and im sure Clemson urged him to sit this one out.

You sir are correct

May 27, 2015, 3:27 PM

+1

Re: You sir are correct

May 27, 2015, 9:59 PM

Then how do you think the people on the other side feel? Their crying foul because the Palmetto Family Council tries their best to influence legislation that would deny them the same rights everybody else enjoys. I consider that a much more heinous trespass. They deserve their day in court like everybody else.

Re: I dont think NAT supports hate and bigotry...

May 27, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to I dont think NAT supports hate and bigotry... ]

But if you are sick and tired of LGBT backlash, you don't cave in....that only emboldens them. That's what his actions have done. He has every right to attend this event. He should not be ashamed or intimidated. Just sad.

Re: I dont think NAT supports hate and bigotry...

May 27, 2015, 3:28 PM

Hello Shanely

null

Yeah I'm sure that gay people would have given up on equal

May 27, 2015, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I dont think NAT supports hate and bigotry... ]

rights just because the head coach at Clemson accepted an award.

GO TIGERS

....follows the teachings of Christ

May 27, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Perhaps he is not YOUR kind of 'Christian'. Not the kind who ]

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

Exactly. One does not go around professing these beliefs, claiming they hold a central place in one's life, and then cave for a weak reason like this. People make mistakes and I hope Dabo turns this around, but as it stands he a fraud.

That is patently stupid

May 27, 2015, 3:43 PM

You are assuming so many things about the man that you are inventing your view of him to fit a narative

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think as a Christian you are commanded...

May 27, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Lost a little respect for you coach ]

to stand up and loudly proclaim homeosexuality, murder, adultery, fornication, stealing, etc. is wrong. I think you can be a lot more subtle about.

Here is an encouraging article for believers and one that will probably irritate nonbelievers.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/why-homosexuality-is-not-like-other-sins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent article.***

May 28, 2015, 10:18 AM

Dabo didnt back down....

May 27, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

he just said he's not going to attend the event. I think he did the right thing in avoiding the event and he still accepted the award. He also worked in some clear jabs at those who criticized him and made this a circus.

Re: Dabo didnt back down....

May 27, 2015, 3:26 PM

Maybe he can start attending secret, underground churches so that "no circus will be made about it."

May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

> If youre gonna be a outspoken Christian; then you
> should never back down from your beliefs. Sad.

I don't see that he backed down from his beliefs. Just taking the heat off the University & Football Team.

I'm certain Dabo will lose much sleep over....

May 27, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

losing the respect of somebody from North Alabammer.

Re: Lost respect for you

May 27, 2015, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Lost a little respect for you coach ]

Dabo did not back down from his beliefs!

In other words, Dabo was forced to cancel by Clemson

May 27, 2015, 2:58 PM

I HATE that that coot in Columbia won!!

I will now do everything in my power to see that COOT RUTHERFORD is kicked to the curb!!

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Once again, Dabo is impressive. He is a football coach

May 27, 2015, 2:59 PM

first. he put his team AND Clemson first. Secondly, he protected his All In Foundation from unnecessary backlash. Thank you Dabo for your wisdom and your positive Influence on our school and community.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Dabo ever say he wanted to attend?***

May 27, 2015, 3:09 PM

Dabo probably had no idea his attendance would be a problem

May 27, 2015, 3:11 PM

for anyone until about 24 hours ago.

IF he said he wanted to attend and then backed out...

May 27, 2015, 3:22 PM

I won't feel the same next time I hear him say "All IN".
He's a great coach and a great asset to Clemson University. I don't know him away from the campus, and I've only heard good things about him. Wish him and his the best. The man LOVES Clemson.
We don't have to view everything the same way to have the same goal for Clemson.
God bless and keep all of us!
Go Tigers!!

If Cattle and Fish and Plants

May 27, 2015, 9:48 PM

Decide to turn Gay the whole world is gone in 6 months. It has nothing to do with rights tradition or religion its the way it has to be to survive male and female has to be in order to survive no ones opinion vote or anything can change that its a Fact.

Re: If Cattle and Fish and Plants

May 27, 2015, 10:24 PM

YEAH! "It takes only one kind to make the world go 'round!" Isn't that how the song goes? Oh shxt...now I'm nervous. What if the whole world decides to turn black? Wouldn't that be the end of the Full House reunion? AND WHAT ABOUT THE PIXAR MOVIES?! WHO WILL BE IN THE PIXAR MOVIES?! Good job, libtards, now you've killed Pixar movies.

May 27, 2015, 3:48 PM

Can't say that, that I didn't see this coming. Enjoy the victory. I truly believe it will be short lived.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 4:00 PM

So I guess you're just not allowed to do or say anything you believe in anymore if the public eye and media doesn't agree with it? Or is it only if you're on the opposite end of traditional moral values.

If people knew how many times he has to do this

May 27, 2015, 4:21 PM

this would be a non story.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Swinney is a football coach.

May 27, 2015, 9:14 PM

End of story. He is not a political figure or symbol. Any attempts to make him such have purely selfish motivations looking for "celebrity endorsement" to further their own causes. Last I heard, Coach Swinney doesn't have any obligation to take part in grandstanding. I'll be offended when he loses to Sakerlina 6 times in a row. Until then, go Tigers!

"defending religious liberty...." Unless of course your

May 27, 2015, 9:29 PM

religious liberty infringes on their bigotry, in which case out come the long knives.

Nobody is even here to read or give opinion

May 27, 2015, 10:06 PM

If there parents decided they want to be Gay. So be thankful if you are able to read this your parents wasnt gay or you would not be here. If fish and animals turn gay we will have no food. If plants decide to turn gay no fruits or vegetables it takes pollen from a male to a female bloom to produce fruits and vegetables. Has nothing to do with hate its just the fact that it has to be male and female if not no one can survive and thats a fact not an opinion

Re: Nobody is even here to read or give opinion

May 28, 2015, 7:29 AM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

May 27, 2015, 10:31 PM

I am very disappointed that he gave in and didn't stand up for what he supposedly believes in.

He did stand up for what he believes in

May 29, 2015, 7:28 AM

Which is keeping his faith out of politics. Dabo is vocal about his beliefs, but equally vocal that he doesn't judge those who don't share them.

I think something that has been lost in all of this

May 28, 2015, 8:04 AM

is the fact that Dabo was not just accepting an award from this group. This was a fundraiser...PFC was raising money at this event. I think that is when the "line was crossed". Big difference is accepting an award vs helping them raise money to promote their views.

Replies: 152
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic