Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Wilkins celebrates shirtless again at Victory celebration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Wilkins celebrates shirtless again at Victory celebration

Jan 14, 2017, 7:25 PM

WATCH: Wilkins celebrates shirtless again at Victory celebration

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Christian, but ...

Jan 14, 2017, 7:48 PM

... IMO, it's time for him to dial the antics down a little bit. I'm afraid the constant joking might start becoming a distraction to him (trying to come up with the 'next funny' thing) and the team.

I know Christian's funny and is a tremendous asset to Clemson -- University, community, AND Football Team. Most of the time I'm laughing right along with everyone, however, there is a place and time for everything.

The dance and splits right after we won the National Championship ... Fantastic! Taking off your shirt at the celebration of said accomplishment ... IMO, not so much.

I love Christian just like I love all the Clemson players, coaches, and fans, but part of the maturing process and growing up is to take into consideration the context or seriousness of the moment. IMO, this was a wrong move.

Just my two cents for what it's worth...

Agree 100%...

Jan 14, 2017, 8:16 PM

the things he does, imo, are all about him and not the team. Too much spotlight taken off others because of him.

Time to be a whole member of the team and not the class clown. It has gotten old

just like that time he caught the pass on the fake punt

Jan 14, 2017, 8:23 PM

it was all about him. News showing that clip over and over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's embarrassing to think uptight ######### like yourself

Jan 14, 2017, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Agree 100%... ]

are out here representing Clemson. Please just go pull for Alabama if you want a no fun allowed win at all costs football team to follow. We just won a national championship ffs and you're talking about Christian being a distraction by doing the same thing he's done since he got here? Can your head be any farther up your own ####? You should just be an NFL fan if you truly feel this way.

LMAO...

Jan 15, 2017, 12:27 AM

if you only knew how NOT uptight I am, you would embarrassed you said that.

I never said he should not have fun, but he does need to calm it down some. Eventually he will find himself just known for being a clown. He is much worse than when he came to Clemson.

So funny that you think you know where my a$$ is. Just because I have a different opinion than you have does not mean I am any less a fan than anyone else. Chill. Don't go around mad. It's all good and we all want the same thing and we got it this year.

Yep. I am a terrible Clemson fan, but thanks for all the nice remarks you made about me. Very Clemson-like.

Re: LMAO...

Jan 15, 2017, 7:06 AM

Perhaps he prefers the life of a clown and doesn't mind that label. After the tragic events that happened in his life in 2011, I know he's striving to enjoy every moment to the fullest.

And here you are trying to convince him to tone it down.

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect – and no offense

Jan 17, 2017, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Agree 100%... ]

Maybe you should root for a serious team like Ohio State or Alabama if it offends you so bad.

Get off my yard!!!

Jan 14, 2017, 8:55 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

Whipper snappers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think on the way in someone bet him he wouldn't do it and he antied up

Jan 14, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

He's just playing around y'all. Everything doesn't have to be serious all the time. He's having fun. I know everyone around us during the parade was yelling at him to do the split for us. He's just living it up man. Keep on brother Christian!!

Christian is a leader on the team and he is keeping

Jan 14, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

It fun and loose. He has led by his play on and off the field and it's all in fun to say ant we having fun now!!!! And winning the NC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Were You The Chess Club Captain at Clemson?***

Jan 14, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you suggest that to his face?

Jan 14, 2017, 11:23 PM

Kid just won a national championship for your team- why don't you let him enjoy it and stop being such a tight @$$?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love Christian, but ...

Jan 15, 2017, 11:15 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

Absolutely, a Wilkins with his mind 100% into what will make him a better FB player and a champion, he would be un stoppable!!!

I think that some are failing to see that his clowning around could easily go from just having fun to a distraction for himself and the team. The fingers up the butt was an instance where it went to far. So lets not say that it can't go to far bc it already has. He didn't want all that attention brought to himself like that, but it did, and it left him being embarrassed by it, and having to apologizing for it. I'm sure that wasn't the way he expected that to go!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love Christian, but ...

Jan 17, 2017, 6:13 PM [ in reply to I love Christian, but ... ]

Get over yourself man. I'm 43 and would sang near do the same thing CW did Saturday myself. There's all kinds of people in this world with different personalities & different opinions of what humor is. CW is just being himself & having fun during the most amazing time of his life. How bout maybe save these kinds of posts for the next player that gets suspended for actually doing something detrimental to himself or the team.

ROCK ON CHRISTAIN WILKINS!!

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Wilkins celebrates shirtless again at Victory celebration

Jan 14, 2017, 8:46 PM

My god. I'm 40 years old and a Clemson grad and I think it's great. Probably would've done the same thing at his age. Quit looking too much into it and enjoy the moment.

LOL! I knew there would be some flames ...

Jan 14, 2017, 9:29 PM

... and everyone is welcome to their own opinion ... that's why I added the "IMO" disclaimer several times in my original post. :)

I played on a sports team at Clemson quite a few years ago and, yes, I tend to be a little more on the serious side, but I would have frowned if one of my teammates had done the same thing at one of our Championship ceremonies .. but that's just me. (Perhaps one of my teammates might have thought it was funny ... and that's OK, to each his own.)

In the context of a game, I don't see anything wrong with Deshaun shooting the arrows... I think that's pretty cool, as is the Superman thing. I think the "naptime" gesture can actually incentivize our opponent ... just like maybe Alabama's carrying the Turnover Belt around on the sidelines. Ask one of our players what they thought about that in the Title game. ;)

I have no problem with someone cutting up and a prank here or there, but I think in this instance, in the context of the moment, it was a little much, as some others mentioned, took the spotlight off his teammates.

Sure enough, boys will be boys ... so true ... but also remember that Dabo is trying to help the boys become Men... I love all our players and just want them to be the Best they can be!!

It's all good though my friends ... have a great night ... and Go Tigers!!! :D

Re: LOL! I knew there would be some flames ...

Jan 17, 2017, 6:24 PM

Oh gee. There were people near him asking him to do the splits. I thought, "Oh please no!" because it was right near that hump in the hill, and he started lifting his leg up. I thought that's all we need- one of our premiere rising juniors to tear up his ankle. That's all I thought, and well, I took a pic in case he did pull off the whole routine at 45 degrees.
As far as fellow players, fellow sophomore Renfrow was laughing his head off, a couple others were busy with selfies (and rightly so)...
This stuff about image and "bad looks", well, sounds like sour grapes from opponents cuz the Christian factor wrecks your offensive scheme.

As far as fans, lighten up. You'll feel better. It's not like he hits chicks in bars or tries to act "gangsta".

Maybe Dabo should make him wear five shirts,

Jan 17, 2017, 6:12 PM

then everyone's happy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic