Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chris Culliver and His Comments On Gays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Chris Culliver and His Comments On Gays

Jan 31, 2013, 10:09 AM

What did you think of his comments? And the subsequent apology?

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/speak-out-was-49er-ex-gamecock-apology-for-anti-gay-comments-sincere

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he had someone else come up with most of that

Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 AM

apology, and then he did his best Flavor Flav laugh as they sent it out to the press for release. But the outrage over what he actually said is a bit overblown considering we have plenty of people in this country that would love to see every gay person dead rather than just kept out of certain occupations. He, at least, didn't go the dead route.

Re: Chris Culliver and His Comments On Gays

Jan 31, 2013, 10:18 AM

his apology was obviously fake because it still didnt gee haw with logic...my head, my heart???

I think . . .

Jan 31, 2013, 10:19 AM

that he doesn't have a very good understanding of the demographics of the SF fanbase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2013, 10:25 AM

Don't blame him for not wanting to share a locker room with people who may be of that persuasion.
I would not have apologized.
I don't want my wife sharing a room with another man and the two things are about equal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

You are assuming your wife is actually someone the

Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 AM

other guy in the room would want to pork.

Re: You are assuming your wife is actually someone the

Jan 31, 2013, 11:21 AM

If he likes women he would.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Re: You are assuming your wife is actually someone the

Jan 31, 2013, 12:30 PM

Nice response Outbound! (You'd likely become a lucky man tonight if she sees your comment).

you have more restraint than i do, outbound.

Jan 31, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: You are assuming your wife is actually someone the ]

i would have been a little p.o.'d with the previous response. no call for that, we all know the point that you were making.

Re: you have more restraint than i do, outbound.

Jan 31, 2013, 5:48 PM

Can't let punks ruin your mood, learned from experience years ago that the little stuff don't mean as much after some fairly scary experiences in the far east.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Feel free to bow up and be a bad #### in honor of your

Jan 31, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to you have more restraint than i do, outbound. ]

wife all you like. You apparently don't have the brains to understand the bigger point that was trying to be made. I was not trying to insult Outbound's wife or her appearance. Jeez, you fellas sound like redneck Coots.

If you have ever played team sports or been to a gym,

Jan 31, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Culliver and His Comments On Gays ]

it's almost certain that you have shared a locker room with gay guys.

Besides, it's a different dynamic altogether when you are talking men in a women's locker room. Being physically weaker, and given societal and cultural attitudes toward sex, women would be in a very dangerous position. Also, men and women openly flirt and behave in ways all of the time that would be inappropriate in a locker room. Straight men, however, are in no danger of being flirted with in the locker room by gay guys, much less being assaulted; like I said, they are in there now and always have been, and you rarely hear of it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 31, 2013, 10:39 AM

I think that he is absolutely right in what he said, and I would not have apologized at all.

He shared his opinion

Jan 31, 2013, 10:39 AM

He's entitled to his opinion. There's nothing wrong with his opinion. The only problem is that he did it on public radio station.

I think his apology is weak, and it's obviously a public relations move. He said he didn't want to share a locker room, or play in the NFL with gays. Stand by your opinion, and don't let other people "shame" you into not being your own person.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:What happened to free speech in this country???

Jan 31, 2013, 10:41 AM

Oh I remember now, this is the United States of the Apologetic!!! You can speak out about anything except minorities!!!

He has every right to say what he did.

Jan 31, 2013, 10:50 AM

Are you suggesting folks don't have the right to say he is an idiot?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

In what way is his free speech being infringed upon?***

Jan 31, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re:What happened to free speech in this country??? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't sound like someone whose opinion I care about:

Jan 31, 2013, 10:50 AM

"No, we don't got no gay people on the team"

But - I don't think he offered his opinion out of the blue, right? Wasn't he asked about it specifically?

Don't ask someone's personal feelings if you don't want to hear them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He doesn't sound like someone whose opinion I care about:

Jan 31, 2013, 12:12 PM

LOL, that exactly what the writer is doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of us talk too much sometimes.

Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 AM

Slander a group of people for the actions of a few is usually wrong. It's not like T-net hasn't done that to some nice 'coots,' over the past.

You want what? To divide Clemson fans on an issue like homosexuality? Ouck fff! You are acting like a board coot.

You want what? Everyone to accept your gayness?

Ok braw, if you are a Clemson fan then you are cool with me.

Now stop it with the divisive issues the P&R bored is over there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2013, 12:27 PM

He said what he felt but then later apologized after being advised it wasn't politically correct to feel that way.

Jan 31, 2013, 12:59 PM

Dont ask a question if you dont want a persons true answer. What should we all lie about how we feel about any given situation? How do we change our thought process if we cant discuss something without all the threats and garbage that comes along with telling how you feel.

Jan 31, 2013, 1:55 PM

I'm pretty sure you can change your thought process without airing your opinion to the media. Also, I think we've all heard enough about this issue to make up our mind about this by now.

I absolutely agree that he's entitled to air his opinion in public. But he's not entitled to be immune from criticism for the beliefs that he's now chosen to air in public.

why should he be criticized for his opinion. it is shared by

Jan 31, 2013, 5:09 PM

the majority of the u.s. population. i'm getting a little tired of having to mind my p's and q's because i may offend someone. heck i've been called polebean, stringbean,etc. and heard every skinny joke you can imagine, my whole life because of my slender build, and it don't bother me in the least. i actually had to laugh when (after i got out of active duty) i was in the s.c. army national guard and we got called for hurricane duty, and my supervisor told me before i left that i had better tie an anchor to my ### while i was down on the coast ,so i wouldn't blow away.

Re: why should he be criticized for his opinion. it is shared by

Jan 31, 2013, 5:36 PM

More than 50% of people in the US support Roe v. Wade:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/160058/majority-americans-support-roe-wade-decision.aspx

Does that mean that they should be immune from criticism because they share the majority view? As a member of that majority, I welcome any criticism and recognize that that's how a free society operates.

I also disagree what the US population thinks about gays. I don't know if anyone has polled the gays in sports issue, but US support for gay marriage just passed the 50% mark.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57556481/poll-51-percent-support-same-sex-marriage/

If you look at the gay marriage question among persons under 40 years old you'll find that support is drastically higher. Basically, it's just a matter of time.

Also, you don't have to mind your p's and q's if you don't want to. Just be prepared to have people disagree with you, heaven forbid.

no one called/e-mailed me for my opinion. where did they get

Jan 31, 2013, 7:50 PM

the polls from? i could poll any # of people and get the #'s i want. for instance, i'm not playing a political card, for or against any political party, but two states ,ny and cali, had the #'s to elect the president. a heavy leaning state, left or right can outweigh middle america. pollsters can skew #'s to look whichever way they want - same as any election can be tilted by a heavyily populated state can tilt an election.and yes , i may be old-fashioned, but i would fight to the death to stop it, if we tried to enslave any person because of the color of their skin- since you wanted to put that in the example.

Jan 31, 2013, 5:37 PM [ in reply to why should he be criticized for his opinion. it is shared by ]

Spot on sgt.
Am starting to get the feeling that the majority of the u.s. population is also getting just about fed up with someone telling us how we should or should not feel.
That in and of itself is cause to dig in your heels and in instances where you may have otherwise just "looked the other way" now are being more inclined to not only say what you think, but now SHOUT what you think.

Candyman, you and Sgt, are....

Jan 31, 2013, 5:47 PM

thinking for yourselves. That kind of stuff is no longer tolerated in this country....

Re: Candyman, you and Sgt, are....

Jan 31, 2013, 5:55 PM

It will be again, folks have had about enough.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

"Yeah, we're fed up with tolerance and diversity.

Jan 31, 2013, 6:25 PM

Can we please get back to the good old days when ####### worked the field, women stayed at home and the faggots kept their mouths shut or we murdered them?"

You people are pathetic representatives of Clemson University, completely out of touch with reality.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2013, 5:56 PM [ in reply to why should he be criticized for his opinion. it is shared by ]

It was the majority opinion 200 years ago that blacks were inferior and should be kept as slaves. Didn't make it right.

And before you say "BUT IT'S A CHOICE!!!!111" you're wrong. Science says you're wrong. And common sense says you're wrong, because no one would willingly make themselves social pariahs simply because they wanted ####.

He was right the first time.

Jan 31, 2013, 1:17 PM

But speaking the truth in a city known for it's utter moral debauchery will never be tolerated. He had to recant to save his job. Sad state of affairs.

Re: He was right the first time.

Jan 31, 2013, 1:58 PM

If he thought SF was a town full of "utter moral debauchery" perhaps he shouldn't have signed a contract to play for its football team.

You say utter moral debauchery like it's a bad thing...***

Jan 31, 2013, 5:06 PM [ in reply to He was right the first time. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2013, 4:21 PM

rights go both ways ...

aids

gays are not a minority but a sin/sickness. SF is sin city !!

I would not have not appologize ! We the majority have rights too !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fianally, I agree with a coot!***

Jan 31, 2013, 4:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally***

Jan 31, 2013, 4:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You thought there were no bigots at South Carolina?***

Jan 31, 2013, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Fianally, I agree with a coot!*** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he, you, or I feel about it doesnt change a thing

Jan 31, 2013, 5:24 PM

The fact is that 1 in 20 men are gay. Its like saying gays have no business on a beach because one of them may look at me. GROW UP dude. All the rest of us have to deal with homos at work, why do you think youre exempt? I would get FIRED for expressing personal opinions in this context. And in San Fran no less.....what a maroon. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I know sometimes I have to bite my tounge. It's called "Class"

^^^has 19 straight friends***

Jan 31, 2013, 5:47 PM

LMAO, you and the rest of #### America wish***

Jan 31, 2013, 7:07 PM

It makes Culliver look ignorant.

Jan 31, 2013, 6:21 PM

And the longer this board discusses it, the more ignorant Clemson fans look.

Agreed.***

Jan 31, 2013, 6:37 PM

Re: It makes Culliver look ignorant.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:17 PM [ in reply to It makes Culliver look ignorant. ]

Exactly how does it make Clemson fans look ignorant??? That they're expressing their opinions??? That they are exercising their First Amendment rights??? Please enlighten us. It's the politically correct left that is trying to make everybody see things in gray not black and white. Sorry, but this is a black/white issue. Either you don't mind playing with gays or you do mind playing with gays. There is no gray in this case.

As for me...I wouldn't apologize. I make no bones about it to anybody. I don't like their choice of lifestyle and I don't hang around with them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the point being made is everything you are saying

Jan 31, 2013, 8:37 PM

sounds exactly like what white men used to say about black players. "I'm not playing with them, and I don't want to be around them.", and most people, I stress MOST people, are pretty happy race relations moved past that. I get, though, that the people that are quickly going to disagree with everything I just said and say the two don't equate at all are the people that believe a man or woman makes a choice to be gay. I do believe, like those that cling to racism, that like it or not, GMurphy, blame it on the left, media, or whoever, your way of thinking is a dead one and you will be eventually looked at like a dinosaur. Some call it the politically correct left, some call it progress.

Correction.....

Jan 31, 2013, 8:39 PM

Your way of thinking is a DYING one, not a dead one, because it certainly isn't a dead one. Other than abortion or Obama, all you need is something to do with gays in the news and all heck breaks loose.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic